Telegraph article (3 Viewers)

L

longjohnskyblue

How much in terms of Capital hase sisu got in reserve? From 11k to 2k is a drop of 8k per match. Add to that ticket prices have dropped by about £10 each. So if (9k x 23*25) - loss of crowd + (10 * 2000) - Additional price drop * 3 - Min time at sixfields. This is the minimum losses expected.

OSB stated about a fortnight ago that .....

"The group balance sheet has reduced in value to 858,901 in 2013 from 1,121,965 in 2012

There are no major assets although there are 2m in assets linked to the employee benefit Trust and a corresponding liability

Debtors (amounts owed to the group) are 437,725 up from 370,758 in 2012

Cash balances are down to 409,326 from 533,612 in 2012

there are no major creditors"

So How could they possibly prove they can fund these losses yet alone find additional funding to build a new stadium!"

The reality is Fisher is once more playing at the heart strings. He is relying on the weak willed to cave after a temporary good run. Would there be any clamour to go if city had lost the last 2 games - absolutely not! All that is happening are those who don't want to see themselves as helping those who are destroying the club trying to justify themselves.

The mere fact Fisher is talking to the fans pretty much proves they are worried - after all if they were so confident of their predicament would they be trying to win over the fans? History has proved they have never listened to the fans concerns!

It is obvious the NOPM is having the desired effefct! Only this week it was announced that Joy is now more than happy to talk to the council yet before the start of the season they wouldn't even entertain it! It's clear they assumed after a good run of results they expected a pretty much full stadium. The reality is that no matter how well they do, ultimately sixfields will always be considered as an away fixture and expecting any more than the average away crowds (around 1000) is at best naive, at worst down right ridiculous.

Only a return to the city the club is named after will bring the fans back in numbers and only then if it is done in a short timeframe. Sure they can give away tickets to the northants crowds, but how many are going to watch a league one game they have no affinity with?

How many Cov fans would go to a Fester v villa game if given free tickets? You will get the odd hundred, but they certainly wouldn't pay to go - and that is the fundamental problem with sisu's tactics.

So NOPM is working and can be seen to be working! Keep the faith get rid of sisu, and byh default the club will return home! Trying to get cov back regardless cannot work

Yorkshire SB

No condescension here. I was genuinely curious if there was a logic behind your post I couldn't see.

Now you say it's about supporting the lads, which is a different argument and one that's been done to death.

I've had it mate. Sick of it all. Just want to go to the footy and spend quality time with my Dad and soon introduce my daughter. That simply isn't possible in Northampton.

I want the club back in Cov, if I thought filling the ground would do that I'd encourage it even though I can't go. But it won't, as far as I can see.

The only measure of success for this, or any, decision by the board is: 'are more fans coming through the gate?' Full houses would send the message that we support the move. We don't.

Not going to Northampton certainly registers your dissatisfaction at the move, and the owners are fully aware that Coventry fans aren't happy playing in Northampton. However in terms of a protest I don't see what not going achieves, other than the aforementioned. I understand fans are skeptical about SISU's claims that they can cover the losses in ticket sales, but I think they would have anticipated a boycott when planning the move, therefore planning to cover losses. If we could convince 8000 people to stand on the hill and protest than that would be great, but we won't. Therefore the best, and most realistic option I can see is to fill out the ground and protest at the games.

It's basically something, rather than nothing.

Ashdown1

Not sure why he was even allowed to write such utter garbage in a Coventry newspaper ! Appalling reasoning and attempt to appease the hedge fund.

shmmeee

Not going to Northampton certainly registers your dissatisfaction at the move, and the owners are fully aware that Coventry fans aren't happy playing in Northampton. However in terms of a protest I don't see what not going achieves, other than the aforementioned. I understand fans are skeptical about SISU's claims that they can cover the losses in ticket sales, but I think they would have anticipated a boycott when planning the move, therefore planning to cover losses. If we could convince 8000 people to stand on the hill and protest than that would be great, but we won't. Therefore the best, and most realistic option I can see is to fill out the ground and protest at the games.

Maybe you're right and if a game was identified and the protest was more than 'look a full house' I'd probably swallow my morals and go.

I just worry that it'd backfire and end up with Fisher claiming it vindicates him as 7000 CAN make it and 'only a very small minority prorested'. The guy is our very own Comical Ali after all.

Ashdown1

Utter tosh, did you write that shit, protest in what form? Banners and placards, oh yes people ended up getting them snatched and arrested last few times that was tried. Starve the fuckers of cash, it will hurt them alright, no company can survive without its customers for long and they would have sold any decent players anyway, that's basically what they've done for the last 3 years !

James Smith

29th September = Brentford - thats outside the 3 or 4 games that Tim said we will be back. I know this is pie in the sky but wouldnt it be fantastic for the team to see a packed ground full of sky blue = support them through the game and chant wants needs to be chanted at halftime. then the following game empty ( look what you could have had)

Don't need to pay to go in to make the same statement, just watch from the hill - enough people doing that will stand out. it wouldn't even need to be a number that would be considered a Sixfields full house, just more than were actually in the stadium.

Last edited:
A one off protest game is a good idea, though hamstrung by asking people who vehemently don't want to give Sisu cash to give them cash.

Two points: 1) Sisu wouldn't give a shit
2) that's not what's being argued here, they're saying we'd be moved to the Ricoh "for safety reasons". It's pure fantasy.

the most perfect game would be wolves at sixfields, and just turn up to pay on the day. it would be a highly policed match aswell and wolves could bring a couple of thousand with them. its a while off but could be the best time

Samo

Sounds like he's being tongue in cheek to me. Taking the piss out of the NOPM campaign rather than proposing a serious suggestion

I can assure you he means it!

Delboycov

I can't believe what I am about to say, but I agree with the CT that's what the fans should be doing not for the benefit of SISU, however nothing has worked so far with regards to all the protests, ribbons and so on. if 10,000 people (our average home attendance last season) made the trip to Northampton for a couple of games things would go pear shaped.

Just to clarify Robo...this isn't the view of the CT...it's the view of a fan, 'Sid' Wilson who has consistently backed SISU throughout the sorry period through his website, Facebook and the CT's 'Fans' Zone' column. In fact this is the most even handed piece I've ever seen from him! Can't see this suggestion being any more worthy of consideration than asking for not a single fan to attend a particular game. Neither will bother SISU as far as I'm concerned and whatever we do they will not listen.

The Reverend Skyblue

We aren't talking about every game though, just one or two select games, I would say Wolves and Walsall at home would be epic, tensions already high because of a derby game, the last thing local authorities would want is a mass crowd they can't deal with.

The two derby games this season and for the next five seasons at best are Peterborough and MK Dons.

We've moved quite a bit easterly you know

spwaverley4916

Don't need to pay to go in to make the same statement, just watch from the hill - enough people doing that will stand out. it wouldn't even need to be a number that would be considered a Sixfields full house, just more than were actually in the stadium.

whilst i agree totally with the sentiment - you wont get a lot more on the hill than have been there already - the point was you will get thousands at sixfields if organised properly for ONE game only - do the demonstrating in the old fashion way with chanting all you like at the decision makers. as for Tim spouting off about "look we have won" this would be for ONE game so next game at sixfields he will find out what they have lost. my opinion only up to the majority

shmmeee

350x700px-LL-b9cab202_28609793.jpeg

J

Jack Griffin

No no no NOPM..

I'm pissed the telegraph gives space to this idiot with no right of reply for the average fan, i.e the 90% who are boycotting.

RoboCCFC90

The two derby games this season and for the next five seasons at best are Peterborough and MK Dons.

We've moved quite a bit easterly you know

To be honest Reverend I hadn't noticed..

RoboCCFC90

Just to clarify Robo...this isn't the view of the CT...it's the view of a fan, 'Sid' Wilson who has consistently backed SISU throughout the sorry period through his website, Facebook and the CT's 'Fans' Zone' column. In fact this is the most even handed piece I've ever seen from him! Can't see this suggestion being any more worthy of consideration than asking for not a single fan to attend a particular game. Neither will bother SISU as far as I'm concerned and whatever we do they will not listen.

Thank you Delboy I hadn't realised, well lets get Rodders and flog them some merchandise..

shmmeee

Because I object to giving any money to SISU, personal opinion though yours may be different to mine.

Me too, but why not a joint protest both inside and out? Some want to go, some aren't strictly NOPM and would go to protest. Give them the classic pincer movement :p

James Smith

Me too, but why not a joint protest both inside and out? Some want to go, some aren't strictly NOPM and would go to protest. Give them the classic pincer movement :p

Not saying that those who want to go in shouldn't, just that it would look far more effective in my opinion with loads more people on the hill than inside Sixfields.

valiant15

That sid Wilson is an idiot. He couldn't get any further up tims arse if he tried. Aresholes like him have got the joke of a club they deserve.

shmmeee

Not saying that those who want to go in shouldn't, just that it would look far more effective in my opinion with loads more people on the hill than inside Sixfields.

Personally I think a united message is the most effective. It may be that a joint protest ends up with more on the hill, but it can't be the central message.

I'm envisaging SBA of all persuasions descending on Northampton. Turn the place Sky Blue, demand a statement from Fisher before we leave. Maybe sit on the pitch at the end of the game.

valiant15

It really amazes me that after 6 years of utter shit under the worst owners weve ever had you still get people sucking up to the hedgefund. What a fucking embarrassment these people are.

Sterling Archer

"Why not both?"

Because fans are so obsessed with wanting a pat on the back for whichever action they've chosen to show how much of a superfan they are, that its created an 'Us Vs Them' mentality, when we should all be Coventry City fans. Quite sad and pathetic.

Both extreme sides of the argument are as bad as each other.

letsallsingtogether

So they believe we won't sell our stars if we had more supporters, just like when we have sold any good player we have had.they don't give Diddly squat to these leeches.

I agree. Makes about as much sense as NOPM working. It patently won't.

He's right about one thing though; fans will moan if we have to sell our young stars, despite wanting to "starve them out".

georgehudson

sa, all fans want is OUR team in Coventry, forget the pat on the back nonsense,
we have to unite to try & rid us of the current plague of megalomaniacs who are controlling the club we support,
perfectly true that there is history before,
but, that was then & this is now,
imho, of course

CarpyCov84

No1 can blame NOPM if players leave now as we have no fans at Northampton...

SISU have been selling our best players since day 1 with 15-20k at the Ricoh !!!

Grendel

No1 can blame NOPM if players leave now as we have no fans at Northampton...

SISU have been selling our best players since day 1 with 15-20k at the Ricoh !!!

How many "best" players have they actually sold? 4 or 5?

CarpyCov84

How many "best" players have they actually sold? 4 or 5?

Anyone that's been worth any value soon as any club comes in for them they have sold...Westwood,Turner,Fox, Dann,Gunnarrsson,Keogh etc & Wilson,Clarke etc will be no different after a few more fine games

RoboCCFC90

Anyone that's been worth any value soon as any club comes in for them they have sold...Westwood,Turner,Fox, Dann,Gunnarrsson,Keogh etc & Wilson,Clarke etc will be no different after a few more fine games

In fairness Carpy;

- Westwood - Westwood wanted to leave to play first team football, he wasn't sold he ran down his contract, we offered him new terms and could have sold him to Wigan in the January Transfer Window before his release that summer and we didn't.

- Dann - Selling Scott at 3.5 Mill at the time was a huge sum of money, you can argue was it reinvested in the right manner, but spent wisely that money could have brought us in 3/4 quality players to replace Scott.

- Fox - When we sold him to Celtic to 1.5 Mill I thought they got him on the cheap, but you have to look at the facts, he is Scottish, playing for a team in Celtic which was probably the club he loved from Birth, European Football, Winning Trophies, Etc.

- Gunnarson - I think genuinely Aron wanted to play in a team that was challenging for Promotion to the Premier League, had we of kept Westwood and King, I am sure Aron would have stayed however in his time with us his form dipped. Plus he wasn't sold he was allowed to leave at the end of his contract.

- Turner - I have to admit I genuinely can't understand why we sold Ben Turner, until this day it still doesn't make any sense..

- Keogh - We had just been relegated to League One, Richard was easily a Championship defender and although he gave everything for us, I don't think he would of stayed with us last season, I am sure he asked for the move as much as we looked to offload him.

Badger

IMO it is about doing as many different things as possible to make the telly/papers.

If done it would need to be done properly with a complete sell out and overflow to show that we would be willing to go to Northampton if the Ricoh had burnt down for example.

Snozz_is_god

Sorry, but some of you just don't get it. The most they can ever expect to go over there is a couple of thousand, to watch a game or to protest.

And why? because it's in Northampton 35 miles away doh!

If SISU want to attract bigger crowds, here's a thought.........play in Coventry where the core support is

Users who are viewing this thread