Telegraph article (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

This is by far the most idiotic line of reasoning I've see yet.

"If we all turn up they'll be forced to move us!" What? Are you high?

Do Man Utd get moved on safety grounds when Old Trafford is full?

Jesus they really will print anything these days.

RPHunt

Similar reasoning has been put forward on here. It doesn't make it any less nonsense when it appears in the CET.

spwaverley4916

strangely enough, i was thinking a a long these lines myself some time ago, I viewed it a little like the miners strike where, when they had 'lost' their battle they marched as one back to the pits.
slightly different and I dont believe we have lost the battle but would it not be a thought to pick a particular 'home game' all city fans go to Northampton, pack it to the rafters, pack out the hill with those who cant get tickets and chant things like " look what you could have had" etc.

I know i am about to get slagged off by the usual suspects - NOPM etc but in my defence I will not be going to sixfields unless something like this was arranged.

torchomatic

I agree. Makes about as much sense as NOPM working. It patently won't.

He's right about one thing though; fans will moan if we have to sell our young stars, despite wanting to "starve them out".

Similar reasoning has been put forward on here. It doesn't make it any less nonsense when it appears in the CET.

shmmeee

strangely enough, i was thinking a a long these lines myself some time ago, I viewed it a little like the miners strike where, when they had 'lost' their battle they marched as one back to the pits.
slightly different and I dont believe we have lost the battle but would it not be a thought to pick a particular 'home game' all city fans go to Northampton, pack it to the rafters, pack out the hill with those who cant get tickets and chant things like " look what you could have had" etc.

I know i am about to get slagged off by the usual suspects - NOPM etc but in my defence I will not be going to sixfields unless something like this was arranged.

A one off protest game is a good idea, though hamstrung by asking people who vehemently don't want to give Sisu cash to give them cash.

Two points: 1) Sisu wouldn't give a shit
2) that's not what's being argued here, they're saying we'd be moved to the Ricoh "for safety reasons". It's pure fantasy.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure how that article works against being at Sixfields to be honest..... when the most important driving force behind our owners is money

I think the more interesting and more concerning article was the one saying Adams & Daniels now injured/ill as well.

That makes Leon Clarke, Callum Wilson, Adam Barton, Billy Daniels, Andy Webster and Blair Adams all doubts for the weekend out of a squad of what 20?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/blair-adams-doubtful-coventry-citys-5802775

Last edited:

KG7

Sounds like he's being tongue in cheek to me. Taking the piss out of the NOPM campaign rather than proposing a serious suggestion

Yorkshire SB

At least the article offers a reasonably objective view. He's right, we should sell out Northampton, and protest against SISU/ACL at the game. If we did that we would show how strong the fans are at this club.

As it is, we're not going, which does absolutely...nothing. The media noted it at first, but the novelty will wear off. SISU are prepared to cope with the losses, so what does not going achieve in terms of protesting against the current situation?

shmmeee

At least the article offers a reasonably objective view. He's right, we should sell out Northampton, and protest against SISU/ACL at the game. If we did that we would show how strong the fans are at this club.

As it is, we're not going, which does absolutely...nothing. The media noted it at first, but the novelty will wear off. SISU are prepared to cope with the losses, so what does not going achieve in terms of protesting against the current situation?

5000 protested. It was ignored. 10000 signed the petition. It was ignored. 8000 went and protested at the Charity match. It was ignored. We spent game after game at the Ricoh singing Sisu Out. It was ignored.

Yet you think if we protest whilst giving them money for the privilege they will listen?

I'm fascinated to hear your reasoning.

James Smith

Didn't stop them the last 6 years...
Yeah but they had money coming from ticket sales to help mitigate those losses, they've got a fraction of that coming in now. How many season tickets have they sold so far?

James Smith

It would be more of a media attraction if there were more supporters on the hill than there were in Sixfields. That also has the benefit of allowing the NOPM supporters among us who won't give SISU any cash to come along.

shmmeee

Yeah but they had money coming from ticket sales to help mitigate those losses, they've got a fraction of that coming in now. How many season tickets have they sold so far?

Their costs were more too. They'd lose less with no fans this season than they lost in their first few years.

skybluetony176

i suppose it is a different point of view, i cant see the logic in it but it is a different point of view

and of course the ccfc faithful are going to be moaning if we sell our best players, we always have been and ccfc have always been a selling club so that's nothing new.

will shitsu sell them to fund their stay at sixfields, off course they will. would they have sold them anyway, if shitsu's history is anything to go by its hard to come to any other conclusion than off course they would have. is the blame by the minority who have chosen to go to sixfields going to be pointed at the NOPM fans off course it will, will the NOPM fans blame the sixfields fans for not joining the crusade and giving shitsu the chance to play the martyr while prolonging the pain, off course we will.

so basically nothing changes.

Sky Blue Pete

I like this idea we should pick a fixture

shmmeee

Sheffield utd games on sky.....

Would rather a mass Coventry protest where we can watch the game on Sky as part of it, maybe even get cut aways to the crowd.

Still think a protest in Northampton about not wanting to go to Northampton is a bit silly mind.

spwaverley4916

29th September = Brentford - thats outside the 3 or 4 games that Tim said we will be back. I know this is pie in the sky but wouldnt it be fantastic for the team to see a packed ground full of sky blue = support them through the game and chant wants needs to be chanted at halftime. then the following game empty ( look what you could have had)

OyJimmy

We could all turn up to the hill and not pay to watch the game. This way the police have to consider how they will deal with 10,000 fans on the hill rather than in the stadium. That could get us banned in itself.

RoboCCFC90

I can't believe what I am about to say, but I agree with the CT that's what the fans should be doing not for the benefit of SISU, however nothing has worked so far with regards to all the protests, ribbons and so on. if 10,000 people (our average home attendance last season) made the trip to Northampton for a couple of games things would go pear shaped.

skybluetony176

Would rather a mass Coventry protest where we can watch the game on Sky as part of it, maybe even get cut aways to the crowd.

Still think a protest in Northampton about not wanting to go to Northampton is a bit silly mind.

agreed, with the exception of the televised games, then we need to be on the hill in numbers milking the publicity and getting our voice heard, it will be hard for the sky and the tv cameras to ignore if their are more on the hill than in the ground. perhaps we can do our own program with our own propaganda to hand out to the fans entering sixfields, so at least we can explain our point of view.

shmmeee

I can't believe what I am about to say, but I agree with the CT that's what the fans should be doing not for the benefit of SISU, however nothing has worked so far with regards to all the protests, ribbons and so on. if 10,000 people (our average home attendance last season) made the trip to Northampton for a couple of games things would go pear shaped.

Why? I genuinely don't understand your argument. Why would a full house cause things to go pear shaped.

You realise Saints have a 13k average crowd don't you? They have virtually a sell out each week.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Why? I genuinely don't understand your argument. Why would a full house cause things to go pear shaped.

Imagine 6000 City fans turning up to Sixfields and 4000 fans being on the hill, plus all the traffic and congestion that would bring if that number amount of fans turned up they'd have to call it off for Safety Reasons, because 3 or 4 Police Officers on the hill aren't going to be outnumbered by a thousand to one..

shmmeee

Imagine 6000 City fans turning up to Sixfields and 4000 fans being on the hill, plus all the traffic and congestion that would bring if that number amount of fans turned up they'd have to call it off for Safety Reasons, because 3 or 4 Police Officers on the hill aren't going to be outnumbered by a thousand to one..

1)You will never get 4000 people to travel to Northampton to protest.

2) Why go inside the ground at all?

Edit: regarding traffic, see my post about Saints.

Also, what's to stop the Police just cordoning off the hill?

Sub

I agree. Makes about as much sense as NOPM working. It patently won't.

He's right about one thing though; fans will moan if we have to sell our young stars, despite wanting to "starve them out".

torchy imho i do not think it matters if they are sold, would it be bad news yes very bad news but like you and many people have said getting coventry back in coventry is the most important thing, will the players be sacrificed to keep sisu in northampton? yes. will the fans going to northampton help to get CCFC back to coventry ? no imho. sisu are driven by money and offloading debt and getting what they want ,the more fans turn up the more money they get to keep us away from our home city the less fans the less money they get will players be sold no doubt but as many people say the club is forever players come and go and at the moment if you asked me honest opinion do i want any players sold no, do my actions by staying away force sisu to sell players, ? yes, is this a price i am willing to pay to get my home team club back in my home city ? without a doubt!

getting our team back is the most important thing and nothing should stop that imho

Yorkshire SB

5000 protested. It was ignored. 10000 signed the petition. It was ignored. 8000 went and protested at the Charity match. It was ignored. We spent game after game at the Ricoh singing Sisu Out. It was ignored.

Yet you think if we protest whilst giving them money for the privilege they will listen?

I'm fascinated to hear your reasoning.

I'm not suggesting that they will listen, but at least we'd give them something to listen to.
If they can cope with the losses, which as far as we know, they can, then what is the point of the NOPM campaign? Surely it becomes redundant? A silent protest doesn't do much good, therefore I think packing out the ground, supporting the players and protesting against SISU would be far more effective. If nothing else it would unite the fans, and the fans and the players.

So were you left fascinated, or are you typing condescending posts elsewhere?

RoboCCFC90

1)You will never get 4000 people to travel to Northampton to protest. - Maybe they won't but all the protests so far as you have said yourself, have been ignored we need something new.

2) Why go inside the ground at all? - If we all stay outside the ground what's the point in that?? You want to show that the ground isn't big enough, you need people to pack Sixfields and for other fans to protest or make a big hoo har about not getting in the ground, what are 50 bobby's in Northampton going to do if 4000 fans are protesting outside the ground? They could try and get them to walk away but if fans don't go quietly they could disrupt traffic flow and other situations in which would force the Police to call the game off.

Edit: regarding traffic, see my post about Saints.

Also, what's to stop the Police just cordoning off the hill? - Let them do that only makes things worse IMO.

bigfatronssba

Did people think the club was really going to come back after two games? Sisu are stubborn, to the point of fiscal madness, but that doesn't mean nopm wont work, it just needs time.

As I've asked before many times, if the club get decent crowds over there, what is the incentive for sisu to move back?

RoboCCFC90

Did people think the club was really going to come back after two games? Sisu are stubborn, to the point of fiscal madness, but that doesn't mean nopm wont work, it just needs time.

As I've asked before many times, if the club get decent crowds over there, what is the incentive for sisu to move back?

We aren't talking about every game though, just one or two select games, I would say Wolves and Walsall at home would be epic, tensions already high because of a derby game, the last thing local authorities would want is a mass crowd they can't deal with.

shmmeee

I'm not suggesting that they will listen, but at least we'd give them something to listen to.

If they can cope with the losses, which as far as we know, they can, then what is the point of the NOPM campaign? Surely it becomes redundant? A silent protest doesn't do much good, therefore I think packing out the ground, supporting the players and protesting against SISU would be far more effective. If nothing else it would unite the fans, and the fans and the players.

So were you left fascinated, or are you typing condescending posts elsewhere?

No condescension here. I was genuinely curious if there was a logic behind your post I couldn't see.

Now you say it's about supporting the lads, which is a different argument and one that's been done to death.

I've had it mate. Sick of it all. Just want to go to the footy and spend quality time with my Dad and soon introduce my daughter. That simply isn't possible in Northampton.

I want the club back in Cov, if I thought filling the ground would do that I'd encourage it even though I can't go. But it won't, as far as I can see.

The only measure of success for this, or any, decision by the board is: 'are more fans coming through the gate?' Full houses would send the message that we support the move. We don't.

Users who are viewing this thread