Teams to Beat (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I was surprised too, it felt like we were building up to giving someone a pasting. I get the need to not lose which was possibly what Robins was going for. However, we were lucky last night...we can’t stop making silly mistakes.

We made several shocking errors in the first half which a better side would have taken. It didn’t change the fundamental problem and my big concern is he’s spent two weeks working on it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The problem with the previous system was individual errors costing goals and not putting good chances away. Last night we were still making those errors but didn't create the chances to put away. lost more than we've gained. Juke should've had too easy goals (so I imagine Brum fans are similar to us feeling that was a game they should've won and didn't)

Terry_dactyl

We made several shocking errors in the first half which a better side would have taken. It didn’t change the fundamental problem and my big concern is he’s spent two weeks working on it
Agreed. How does he legislate for individual errors though? It’s a big problem for us.
There was one that didn’t really get much of a mention where we gave it away cheaply and they broke down our left. mcfadzean managed to block the pass. If he hadn’t got something on it their man in the centre was completely free. We rode our luck when we should’ve been more competent at the back with the system he played. If we’re constantly going to make mistakes we may as well go back to the previous formation, at least we created some chances. I dunno!

Liquid Gold

But what we did last night was chucking the baby out with the bath water. We still made the same mistakes and had no threat. Blues were there for the taking and we didn’t bother. If we had stuck with the same formation, made the same mistakes but had something up top then I think we’d have won.

The frustration recently has been about simple mistakes ruining good play. Last night was making simple mistakes and playing poorly against a worst team. We had two weeks to work on things and regressed.

Grendel

But what we did last night was chucking the baby out with the bath water. We still made the same mistakes and had no threat. Blues were there for the taking and we didn’t bother. If we had stuck with the same formation, made the same mistakes but had something up top then I think we’d have won.

The frustration recently has been about simple mistakes ruining good play. Last night was making simple mistakes and playing poorly against a worst team. We had two weeks to work on things and regressed.

I don’t get the logic blues were there for the taking

Grendel

You're working backwards from your conclusion that yesterday's stodge is the way forward. Wycombe beat them for starters

A team you are constantly telling us are on the up

Brighton Sky Blue

A team you are constantly telling us are on the up

If Wycombe are as poor as many have said how have they beaten the galacticos of Birmingham? Or is it more likely that actually both sides are pretty below average and we showed little ambition?

Grendel

If Wycombe are as poor as many have said how have they beaten the galacticos of Birmingham? Or is it more likely that actually both sides are pretty below average and we showed little ambition?

They also drew against Watford - Birmingham bear Brentford

cc84cov

Shame we didn’t win,forest drew keeps the gap at 4 points...even Wycombe got a point from Brentford

Londonccfcfan

Who are the teams we need to beat to remain in the league and what is the points target?

All the teams in this league are there for a beating. It's going to be a battle any9ne of the bottom 12 could finish bottom.

Anyone writing us off now or even at Xmas are just negative.

Seen plenty about us to not be in bottom 3.

It will be usual 48 to 51 point range.

Users who are viewing this thread