Team selection dilemmas for Preston JPT (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

Robins will doubtless be considering best XI to beat Preston on Thursday after the strong 2nd half performance v Spurs...

Will Jordan Clarke keep his starting position?
Will we play with just 1 forward? If not: who partners Leon Clarke? Elliott? Moussa? Barton?
Does McSheff keep his place after a weak performance v Spurs especially in a 4 man midfield formation?
Bailey, Jennings, Baker, Moussa, McSheffrey, Thomas who gets the nod?

I'd select a 4-5-1 formation but use Moussa on left and bring in Thomas for Sheffers. Leave Christie on the bench with Elliott, Sheffers, Dunne, Barton and Cameron.

Otis

Clarke to stay.

1 up front.

Midfield of Baker, Jennings, Bailey, Moussa and Sheff.

Bench to include Thomas, Elliot, Christie, Barton, Dunne

Mucca Mad Boys

I'd play:

-----------------------Murphy-------------------
--Clarke------Wood-------Edj------Adams--
-Baker--Thomas--Fleck--Bailey--Moussa-
-----------------------L.Clarke---------------------

Subs: Dunn Christie Cameron Jennings Barton Sheff Elliott

Any new signings by then??

With this midfield we should be well equipped to go out there and out pass PNE and avoid their bully boy tactics!

kg82

Fleck looked confident and assured with the ball when he came on yesterday. He's impressed me last couple of weeks. I'd think about starting him.

stupot07

Clarke to stay.

1 up front.

Midfield of Baker, Jennings, Bailey, Moussa and Sheff.

Bench to include Thomas, Elliot, Christie, Barton, Dunne

Yep that's what I would play too. Robins will not drop sheffers.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Robins sad post match he was impressed by the players who came on, and changed our midfield so i wouldn't be surprised to see atleast one or two of the then start (3 would be too many changes). Wouldnt be surprised if Christie returned though

Otis

Fleck was poor against Shrewsbury.

Great when he had the ball, dreadful when he didn't. Shrewsbury could have scored 2 or 3 due to his poor marking, lack of tracking and ball watching.

On from the bench as an impact player.

ampthill_sba

It's the first time in weeks that the team hasn't picked itself tbh

The is good competition for all places except up front and left back...

shmmeee

Time for a shift around I think.

Murphy
Clarke Edge Wood Adams (if available, Clarke and Christie at RB if not)
Bailey Thomas
Baker Fleck Moussa
Clarke

S: Dunn, Christie, Cameron, Jennings, McSheffrey, Barton, Elliot

shmmeee

It's the first time in weeks that the team hasn't picked itself tbh

The is good competition for all places except up front and left back...

I think Elliot is really hard done by not to be starting TBH comes in and gets 2 goals, if his name was McGoldrick we'd be up in arms if he was dropped. Yet now he's "not competition"?

Baginton

Robins sad post match he was impressed by the players who came on, and changed our midfield so i wouldn't be surprised to see atleast one or two of the then start (3 would be too many changes). Wouldnt be surprised if Christie returned though

Bet he was impressed with Elliotts two goals at MK Dons :facepalm:

Baginton

....................Murphy...................
Clarke....Wood..... Edje....Adams
Christie..Bailey..Moussa..Sheff
.............Elliott..Clarke.............

Last edited:

dongonzalos

....................Murphy...................
Clarke....Wood..... Edje....Adams

.................Bailey.......... .....

Baker......... ....... .....Moussa..

.. ................Fleck..................

.............Cody Clarke......

However due to issues with Cody then Sheff or Elliot

wingy

Is there any Ipmication from fielding 6 of previous game ,IE;League match over Cup match?/
Unless Adams is resigned on loan he won't be available and if that Cup match factors in Bailey will not be available ,and if it does Christie may not be able to be worked into the team.:confused:

Last edited:

stupot07

Is there any Ipmication from fielding 6 of previous game ,IE;League match over Cup match?/
Unless Adams is resigned on loan he won't be available and if that Cup match factors in Bailey will not be available ,and if it does Christie may not be able to be worked into the team.:confused:
I'm sure you have to play 6 from the previous league game or those with 11 highest number of appearances.

Lord_Nampil

I'd start the team that finished against spurs! I think it's only 4 changes from Shrewsbury? Fleck and Thomas gave us a more harder edge than bailey and Jennings! I want Elliot to be involved, very unlucky in the last 2 games!!!

Otis

I think it has be Bailey. He is probably one best player now. Don't see how we can leave him out.

stupot07

I think it has be Bailey. He is probably one best player now. Don't see how we can leave him out.

Unless Adams has gone back to Sunderland, I really can't see Robins changing the starting line up from the one that played yesterday.

Otis

Hopefully we get things sorted for Adams this week.

Would be great to keep him.

stupot07

Yeah he's really impressed me, good going forward but could do with a bit better composure in the final third, and his defending is solid - he always stays on his feet rather than jump in and commit himself. He looks much better than Christie.

Paxman II

Think Christie will return...better going forward.
Jennings will be dropped. Thomas should come in for him. Far better player just half fit!
Leon will be up front but Elliott will be chomping at the bit!
Fleck will come in for either Mousa or Bailey as both looked jaded yesterday.

That will be stronger than what started yesterday and very balanced. Barton is a different syle of player and when he came on yesterday the game suited him more. His distribution was acurate compared to bailey and mousa. His running into space and recieving the ball was also very good...something most on here clearly did not see. Still think he will start on the bench though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yeah he's really impressed me, good going forward but could do with a bit better composure in the final third, and his defending is solid - he always stays on his feet rather than jump in and commit himself. He looks much better than Christie.
Adams crossing has been poor lately though, had quite a few where he has crossed it straight into the stands

Murphy did ok but could have done better so i'd rest him. Clarkey, Woody, Edje and Blair were great on saturday so keep them. Bailey, get him out. He was awful. Jennings have an uneventful game so i dont mind if he stays. Sheffers did well and i dunno why Mouss was taken off so keep both of them. Maybe rest Baker cus he didnt have a great game. Clarke needs some help up from so i'd bring in another striker. He just couldnt pull the trigger, so we need someone to help him. So i'd go for:

Dunn
J. Clarke, Wood, Edjenguele, Adams
McSheffery, Fleck, Thomas, Moussa
Elliott, L. Clarke

Users who are viewing this thread