Taxi on the way (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Sky Blue

I can remember someone on here complaining a couple of weeks ago about the fact that in the summer two year contracts were given out and that we would be saddled for another year with useless players. Now credit is given for summer recruitment. In the space of two weeks Robins has gone from a clown to someone who knew what he was doing! Same poster, comments at different ends of the spectrum about the same issue simply because results improved.
If we don’t reach the play offs, Robins has failed apparently and should therefore go. No consideration given to the history of the last ten years where manager after manager has come in, most with a proven track record of success with other clubs, yet can’t turn it around here. The attitude is let’s just do the same as we have always done in the vain hope that this time things will be different. Why would they be? After the Port Vale defeat there were a number saying that Robin’s should go. Now after two wins, not a murmur, only the vailed threats of “he needs to be kept under pressure” (as if any manager isn’t always under pressure) and “he better get us into the play offs or else”.
Some of the football this season has been awful. No doubt some of this is down to Robins.He is human, he makes mistakes. Luckily for me I haven’t been sacked for the numerous times I have got things wrong in my working life. No doubt Robins isn’t a managerial genius but he is probably as good as we are going to get. He seems to be a competent manager. At the Trust meeting he appealed for time to do the job, (maybe CJ or the video needs to confirm he said this). At some point this club needs to give their manager a chance.
It does seem to be the case that the same posters are lining up to say, despite what Robins has said, or even Fisher in this case, that any failure is down to him not the basket case of a club he is trying to bring back to life or the crap owners he is working for.

Nick

Administrator
Managers also seem to click, for example Eddie Howe at Burnley wasn't that great but slots back in at Bournemouth.

I would like to think Robins sees things and addresses them rather than it falling down to luck. One of them is introducing Bayliss to the midfield which gives some well needed help going forward whereas Kelly / Doyle stumble about on the halfway line all game and don't move anywhere once they get it.

skybluetony176

I can remember someone on here complaining a couple of weeks ago about the fact that in the summer two year contracts were given out and that we would be saddled for another year with useless players. Now credit is given for summer recruitment. In the space of two weeks Robins has gone from a clown to someone who knew what he was doing! Same poster, comments at different ends of the spectrum about the same issue simply because results improved.
If we don’t reach the play offs, Robins has failed apparently and should therefore go. No consideration given to the history of the last ten years where manager after manager has come in, most with a proven track record of success with other clubs, yet can’t turn it around here. The attitude is let’s just do the same as we have always done in the vain hope that this time things will be different. Why would they be? After the Port Vale defeat there were a number saying that Robin’s should go. Now after two wins, not a murmur, only the vailed threats of “he needs to be kept under pressure” (as if any manager isn’t always under pressure) and “he better get us into the play offs or else”.
Some of the football this season has been awful. No doubt some of this is down to Robins.He is human, he makes mistakes. Luckily for me I haven’t been sacked for the numerous times I have got things wrong in my working life. No doubt Robins isn’t a managerial genius but he is probably as good as we are going to get. He seems to be a competent manager. At the Trust meeting he appealed for time to do the job, (maybe CJ or the video needs to confirm he said this). At some point this club needs to give their manager a chance.
It does seem to be the case that the same posters are lining up to say, despite what Robins has said, or even Fisher in this case, that any failure is down to him not the basket case of a club he is trying to bring back to life or the crap owners he is working for.

Post of the year. NW is relegated to second place already;)

BackRoomRummermill

Managers also seem to click, for example Eddie Howe at Burnley wasn't that great but slots back in at Bournemouth.

I would like to think Robins sees things and addresses them rather than it falling down to luck. One of them is introducing Bayliss to the midfield which gives some well needed help going forward whereas Kelly / Doyle stumble about on the halfway line all game and don't move anywhere once they get it.
I want to defend Doyle he does get stuck in and makes some good passes , but yes is hardly ever chasing forward

Nick

Administrator

Who was it who moaned about the 2 year contracts and now it's a great thing?

Of course managers will make mistakes, the telling bit is if and how they address them going forward isn't it? I can see Robins wants to build, I can also see improvements so I am much more comfortable with giving him time to do it than Thorn and Slade.

I'm not sure about the keeping him under pressure for his job stuff either, if he was under pressure for his job would he have put Bayliss in for example and took the risk or would he have put Stevenson in there or somebody else?

Grendel

No we should stick with what’s worked over the last 10 years. Continue to cut the budget. If we the don’t finish higher up the league sack the manager.
When the new bloke comes in and he is stuck with players he didn’t sign. Then he signs a load more and changes the ethos. It should all just work straight away really.
Can’t see how you can’t see that.

So how long would you have kept boothroyd, thorn and Coleman - all of whom (especially thorn and Coleman) signed a completely new team?

Irish Sky Blue

Ay yes, that explains our great run of prosperity and success these last few years!

Arguably we should have given him another 18 months and then judged him then. Are you suggesting that we should sack a manager as soon as we begin a bad run of results?
Mowbray in fact gave up the ghost before he was forced to go. He left with the parting comment that at some stage the owners would have to invest in the club if it was ever to move forward. Obviously he was wrong, had been backed to the hilt and was simply covering his own back.
I though Mowbray was a good manager and a good man. I hope he succeeds at Blackburn, like he did at Hibs and WBA but like every other manager we have had under Sisu ( ten at the last count), wasn’t able to here.

Hobo

I noticed that when I looked at the table after the game yesterday. It's a bit misleading though as some of that is down to us not conceding many.

Yep goal difference takes into account a lack of goals conceded, always has Nick. ;-)

Nick

Administrator
Yep goal difference takes into account a lack of goals conceded, always has Nick. ;-)

I know, but it doesn't alter the goals scored ;)

When it just shows GD it looks good, but then when you get the expanded one you can see why (not that Id mind going up that way).

Hobo

I know, but it doesn't alter the goals scored ;)

When it just shows GD it looks good, but then when you get the expanded one you can see why (not that Id mind going up that way).

Yes but other teams are saying we are scoring but letting too many in. At the end of the season GD is taken into account before goals scored. So the goals against are equally important.

Londonccfcfan

No link, I was at the fans forum, seems like Irish Sky Blue heard him say 8th best too. Pretty sure CJ on here live streamed the whole thing on this forum too so plenty would of heard Fisher say it.

I listened to all of that. No where did he mention 8th best.

I give you, Luton and Mansfield. Big spenders. Easily top two biggest budgets.

Lesser extent.....Notts County, Wycombe, Swindon, Possibly higher?

Those are the teams that may have a bigger budget. And I Quote May have.

Nick

Administrator
I listened to all of that. No where did he mention 8th best.

I give you, Luton and Mansfield. Big spenders. Easily top two biggest budgets.

Lesser extent.....Notts County, Wycombe, Swindon, Possibly higher?

Those are the teams that may have a bigger budget. And I Quote May have.

The thing is a lot of people mention Mansfield as big spenders, but they didn't really go all out like Luton with proven players did they?

skybluetony176

Some on here would have had Eddie Howe sacked for finishing 10th in the championship before promotion the following season. Seem to remember that they started strongly at the start of the season they finished 10th being contenders for the playoffs before trailing of and finishing 10th. Of course the big difference between EH and MR’s is that EH worked for progressive owners who’s soul purpose in owning a football club was seeing it progress while not relying on the fans to be the soul contributors for their folly. Wholly different environment to ours. They did everything that they could to allow EH to succeed. Opposite of our lot.

Nick

Administrator
Some on here would have had Eddie Howe sacked for finishing 10th in the championship before promotion the following season. Seem to remember that they started strongly at the start of the season they finished 10th being contenders for the playoffs before trailing of and finishing 10th. Of course the big difference between EH and MR’s is that EH worked for progressive owners who’s soul purpose in owning a football club was seeing it progress while not relying on the fans to be the soul contributors for their folly. Wholly different environment to ours. They did everything that they could to allow EH to succeed. Opposite of our lot.

Nothing to do with being billionaires and getting an FFP fine alone close to our whole turnover in the Championship?

Will just have to hope they want to fund it forever, will be buggered like Leyton Orient if not.

skybluetony176

Nothing to do with being billionaires and getting an FFP fine alone close to our whole turnover in the Championship?

Helps. But it ain’t the be all and end all otherwise Villa and other big spenders in the champion with parachute money would bounce straight back wouldn’t they? Working in a non-toxic environment with everyone from the owners to Doris the tea lady all pulling in the same directionis a big big help. Not something Robins enjoys here. There were plenty of teams with bigger budgets that didn’t go up when Bournemouth did and plenty of teams with bigger budgets who have been relegated from the premier league when Bournemouth haven’t.

Like I keep saying, insisting that MR doesn’t have his hands tied is ignorant to the state the club is in. EH didn’t have to endure what MR does and if he did Bournemouth no doubt would have been dealt a different story to the one they have. FFP fines or not.

Nick

Administrator
Helps. But it ain’t the be all and end all otherwise Villa and other big spenders in the champion with parachute money would bounce straight back wouldn’t they? Working in a non-toxic environment with everyone from the owners to Doris the tea lady all pulling in the same directionis a big big help. Not something Robins enjoys here. There were plenty of teams with bigger budgets that didn’t go up when Bournemouth did and plenty of teams with bigger budgets who have been relegated from the premier league when Bournemouth haven’t.

Like I keep saying, insisting that MR doesn’t have his hands tied is ignorant to the state the club is in. EH didn’t have to endure what MR does and if he did Bournemouth no doubt would have been dealt a different story to the one they have. FFP fines or not.

It isn't ignorant, because he clearly has enough to compete in the League. That's not saying SISU have gone all out to back him, it is saying his squad and resources are clearly enough to be competitive in the league for at least Playoffs in League 2.

Would we end up coming straight back down if we go up? Hard to say, but I wouldn't put money on double promotions.

It's stupid to try and excuse him when he makes mistakes, there have been plenty of discussions on his tactics (pros and cons) after and during and funnily enough not a single person who gives it the "his hands are tied" line has commented or joined in with them. Why's that?

I'm far from saying I want him sacked either and would need to judge the situation if we didn't even make the playoffs to see what had gone wrong.

skybluetony176

It isn't ignorant, because he clearly has enough to compete in the League. That's not saying SISU have gone all out to back him, it is saying his squad and resources are clearly enough to be competitive in the league for at least Playoffs in League 2.

Would we end up coming straight back down if we go up? Hard to say, but I wouldn't put money on double promotions.

It's stupid to try and excuse him when he makes mistakes, there have been plenty of discussions on his tactics (pros and cons) after and during and funnily enough not a single person who gives it the "his hands are tied" line has commented or joined in with them. Why's that?

I'm far from saying I want him sacked either and would need to judge the situation if we didn't even make the playoffs to see what had gone wrong.

It is ignorant because he’s the strongest link in the chain and like any chain it’s the weakest link that breaks it. Putting conditions on him like things need to improve or he goes or if we don’t make playoffs he has to go is idiotic because the weakest link in the chain will still be here.

You’re also ignorant to what a shitty and difficult league this is to get out of. Speak to a Northampton fan about trying to get out of this league and why they’re fearful of dropping back into it, talk to a Portsmouth fan and ask them about trying to get out of this league with 16K average crowds and the financial benefits that come with that. It’s fine margins in this league and the smallest of cracks can tear a clubs chances apart. If everyone is pulling in the same direction you’re going to have a chance which is probably why Northampton did it when they did in the circumstances that they did against all the odds.

The fact that we can play as bad as we have at times and still be third is typical of this league and it’s a manager with the resolve of MR who will get us out of this league, it’s owners like SISU who keep you here or worse.

Nick

Administrator
It is ignorant because he’s the strongest link in the chain and like any chain it’s the weakest link that breaks it. Putting conditions on him like things need to improve or he goes or if we don’t make playoffs he has to go is idiotic because the weakest link in the chain will still be here.

You’re also ignorant to what a shitty and difficult league this is to get out of. Speak to a Northampton fan about trying to get out of this league and why they’re fearful of dropping back into it, talk to a Portsmouth fan and ask them about trying to get out of this league with 16K average crowds and the financial benefits that come with that. It’s fine margins in this league and the smallest of cracks can tear a clubs chances apart. If everyone is pulling in the same direction you’re going to have a chance which is probably why Northampton did it when they did in the circumstances that they did against all the odds.

The fact that we can play as bad as we have at times and still be third is typical of this league and it’s a manager with the resolve of MR who will get us out of this league, it’s owners like SISU who keep you here or worse.

Yet you are ignorant to ever discussing his tactical decisions, subs etc whether good or bad. Same goes for dongo, captain dart and everybody else who will give it the hands are tied line.

I haven't ever said about sacking him anytime soon and said putting pressure on his job wouldn't help at all.

None of that detracts from the squad robins has should be more than enough for play offs as a minimum, he has been unlucky with injuries too but those players still need paying and included in the squad when mentioned.

Nick

Administrator

Yet you are ignorant to ever discussing his tactical decisions, subs etc whether good or bad. Same goes for dongo, captain dart and everybody else who will give it the hands are tied line. What's wrong with discussing why Robins is playing 2 defensive midfielders on the halfway line against a lesser team, down to 10 men with 10 men behind the ball when we want a win?

I haven't ever said about sacking him anytime soon and said putting pressure on his job wouldn't help at all.

None of that detracts from the squad robins has should be more than enough for play offs as a minimum, he has been unlucky with injuries too but those players still need paying and included in the squad when mentioned.

Thats far from saying he has been backed and SISU are amazing, like I keep saying and said months ago.

NortonSkyBlue

Yet you are ignorant to ever discussing his tactical decisions, subs etc whether good or bad. Same goes for dongo, captain dart and everybody else who will give it the hands are tied line.

I agreed with you first time!

skybluetony176

Yet you are ignorant to ever discussing his tactical decisions, subs etc whether good or bad. Same goes for dongo, captain dart and everybody else who will give it the hands are tied line. What's wrong with discussing why Robins is playing 2 defensive midfielders on the halfway line against a lesser team, down to 10 men with 10 men behind the ball when we want a win?

Thats far from saying he has been backed and SISU are amazing, like I keep saying and said months ago.

Just because I don’t presume to know better than a manager who played football to the highest standards under one of the greatest managers of all time doesn’t make me ignorant.

You presume you know better than MR fair enough. You clearly don’t though.

Nick

Administrator
Just because I don’t presume to know better than a manager who played football to the highest standards under one of the greatest managers of all time doesn’t make me ignorant.

You presume you know better than MR fair enough. You clearly don’t though.

In which case SISU are good people and he has had additional support. He worked at one of the biggest clubs in the world so he knows what he is talking about.... ;)

Have a look through the match threads when they are going on, the fans agree more about his negative tactics in some games and the way he was setting us up in games when he didn't need to more than they do pretty much anything else. The stats people like Esoterica also back it up when he goes out parking the bus against teams also parking the bus.

There have been games where it has been blindingly obvious. Yes, people mistakes so it's then down to how he addresses them which he needs to do.

Grendel

Bournemouth were one of the biggest spenders - that’s why they they broke FFP rules and at one point were paying a striker £36,000 a week to sit on the bench. Losses in that season alone were £40 million

Obviously relegated clubs struggle as they end up saddled with a crippling wage bill which isn’t offset sufficiently.

As for toxic clubs Blackpool got promoted last year didn’t they? I haven’t actually checked but I think they did.

skybluetony176

Bournemouth were one of the biggest spenders - that’s why they they broke FFP rules and at one point were paying a striker £36,000 a week to sit on the bench. Losses in that season alone were £40 million

Obviously relegated clubs struggle as they end up saddled with a crippling wage bill which isn’t offset sufficiently.

As for toxic clubs Blackpool got promoted last year didn’t they? I haven’t actually checked but I think they did.

They did yes, via the playoffs. Not sure exactly what point you’re trying to make but I guess you’re saying that even the Oystons can create a winning environment unlike SISU and you’re using the Oystons as a yardstick of how truly awful SISU are. Incidentally Blackpool’s manager achieved promotion with a far worse win percentage than the manager you currently have a taxi on speed dial for. Just shows how idiotic you and your thread are. Too stupid to realise that we’re onto a good thing with MR and if we fall down it’s down to the one constant of the last ten years not the current manager.

oucho

Grendel

They did yes, via the playoffs. Not sure exactly what point you’re trying to make but I guess you’re saying that even the Oystons can create a winning environment unlike SISU and you’re using the Oystons as a yardstick of how truly awful SISU are. Incidentally Blackpool’s manager achieved promotion with a far worse win percentage than the manager you currently have a taxi on speed dial for. Just shows how idiotic you and your thread are. Too stupid to realise that we’re onto a good thing with MR and if we fall down it’s down to the one constant of the last ten years not the current manager.

I don’t have a taxi on speed dial for anyone you dribbling parasite.

letsallsingtogether

Ohhhhh hit a sore point has he.
giphy.gif

skybluetony176

Snigger, “dribbling parasite”.

And I quote “There is still time to cancel it but unless things improve before the end of December it has to be arriving for Mr Robins soon“.

You’ve already called it apparently, you’ve already pressed the speed dial button.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Mowbray in fact gave up the ghost before he was forced to go. He left with the parting comment that at some stage the owners would have to invest in the club if it was ever to move forward. Obviously he was wrong, had been backed to the hilt and was simply covering his own back.
I though Mowbray was a good manager and a good man. I hope he succeeds at Blackburn, like he did at Hibs and WBA but like every other manager we have had under Sisu ( ten at the last count), wasn’t able to here.

Came the closest tho. Love that man lol

At leaat in MR we have someone who most fans always rated and feel like he can make a difference

Grendel

skybluetony176

Nice to see you and Tony are such good friends. Where do you meet? As it’s Tony clearly not at ccfc games.

Usually in the ticket office. We both have match packages and tend to arrive at the same time before a game to redeem them. Anymore misinformed drivelling parasitical vile nonsense you want to throw my way or are you done?

Grendel

Usually in the ticket office. We both have match packages and tend to arrive at the same time before a game to redeem them. Anymore misinformed drivelling parasitical vile nonsense you want to throw my way or are you done?

I’m sure you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread