Taxi on the way (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grendel

There is still time to cancel it but unless things improve before the end of December it has to be arriving for Mr Robins soon.

stevefloyd

I think we have to see what business he does in January before he has to go he has still only had 1 transfer window this time around and has tried to bring in a new team, biggest thing he has to try and do is get more consistent at winning rather than mediocrity

rupert_bear

Robins performances are not good enough, from tactics to team selection, and remember this is his team, most signed by him, I’ll give him until the Stoke cup-tie and see where we are at, but imo there needs to be significant improvement

Captain Dart

What's Andy Thorn doing these days?

dongonzalos

I think I'm right in thinking Robins has never had a successful promotion campaign in his managerial career?

To be fair nothing against the bloke but I always did find this fascination with him by Cov fans as a bit bizarre.
Prior to us he had hardly set the world alight.
With us he inherited DMC who went on fire.
He was smart enough to the jump ship before it imploded.
At Huddersfield he was below par as shown by his predecessors.
Came back here as the Missiah when really he was just a naughty boy.
Saying it all that, we have sacked too many managers too soon. That is our downfall. The blokes budget is around where we are.
Give him the January Window.
Hoping Mcnulty would score 20 was his biggest screw up. However signing McDonald, Doyle, Kelly and Grimmer outweighs that. Let’s see if he can get a creator to replace Jones and a goalscorer.
Then for once in our sorry lives if a manager gets us around where our budget is let’s not sack him.
Instead let’s look at the Senior management team to get a budget in the top three next time and guess what......

Last edited:

chinamans view

I'd rather see if he takes it on board and starts to sort it out or not and address the issues.
He has not took it on board since the start of the season that we were struggling to create or score goals. Must give JP a run of games now

Covstu

Agree we need JP playing, everything else has failed. This can’t be the odd game or last 20 mins. I don’t think it’s time for change yet, he knows it’s not good enough now down to him and our owners to fix this issue in january
He has not took it on board since the start of the season that we were struggling to create or score goals. Must give JP a run of games now

CJ_covblaze

To be fair nothing against the bloke but I always did find this fascination with him by Cov fans as a bit bizarre.
Prior to us he had hardly set the world alight.
With us he inherited DMC who went on fire.
He was smart enough to the jump ship before it imploded.
At Huddersfield he was below par as shown by his predecessors.
Came back here as the Missiah when really he was just a naughty boy.
Saying it all that, we have sacked too many managers too soon. That is our downfall. The blokes budget is around where we are.
Give him the January Window.
Hoping Mcnulty would score 20 was his biggest screw up. However signing McDonald, Doyle, Kelly and Grimmer outweighs that. Let’s see if he can get a creator to replace Jones and a goalscorer.
Then for once in our sorry lives if a manager gets us around where our budget is let’s not sack him.
Instead let’s look at the Senior management team to get a budget in the top three next time and guess what......

Agree with this. Has he had success anywhere? Bar one or two I was and still am struggling to see why so many were optimistic given his signings.

However will we get better than him? No. Could we do worse? Yes. Sacking him is not going to make any difference right now. Why not give him at least until the end of the season?

BackRoomRummermill

There is still time to cancel it but unless things improve before the end of December it has to be arriving for Mr Robins soon.

Fully agree the resources he has vs other teams at this level dictate that he can’t manage the situation

He has some good players here but not organised in certain games

We are in Div 4 , competing against dross , this forum reflects that as well - mirrored .

Sky Blue Harry H

Need to hang in there until January window and see a) what business he can do then b) re-assess at the end of the season. Doing anything now will definitely create further instability - something we do not need.

lifeskyblue

I’m uncertain about whether we give robbins the money in January or a possible successor. I can’t help feeling we are a better set of individuals than we are a team. Robbins needs to change the system or he could well find himself looking for a new job in Xmas week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackRoomRummermill

It's the only way this club can be turned around, or else we'll continue in the same continuous loop whilst they remain. It amazes me why so many people don't comprehend it first and foremost.

Too many mugs here that accept failure , I feel blessed I watched the team in the top division for so long near on 25 years , there is a number who have not on this forum and accept being a lower division club , it is a massive tradegy

The 40000 that went to see a piss pot cup bear testament to that , i remember my first game in 76 against Liverpool midweek and I think 37 K was the attendance which was normal

Nick

Administrator
Too many mugs here that accept failure , I feel blessed I watched the team in the top division for so long near on 25 years , there is a number who have not on this forum and accept being a lower division club , it is a massive tradegy

The 40000 that went to see a piss pot cup bear testament to that , i remember my first game in 76 against Liverpool midweek and I think 37 K was the attendance which was normal
Or they support their team no matter what division?

1976 was over 40 years ago, maybe the issue is people living in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread