Taskmaster on Dave (2 Viewers)

Si80

Episode 2 is also available for download. Watched yesterday and just as good as the first episode.
I'm not sure that the format suits Acaster and his style of comedy, he has some real laugh out loud moments (McHammer - Can't touch this). And whilst watching the programme after seeing the show being recorded you see just how heavily cut it is from the stuff that we watched.
It's definitely funnier than last season all ready.

Also, I quite like Knappet.

Nick

Administrator
Episode 2 is also available for download. Watched yesterday and just as good as the first episode.
I'm not sure that the format suits Acaster and his style of comedy, he has some real laugh out loud moments (McHammer - Can't touch this). And whilst watching the programme after seeing the show being recorded you see just how heavily cut it is from the stuff that we watched.
It's definitely funnier than last season all ready.

Also, I quite like Knappet.

From watching him on panel shows I think he needs people to say stuff to him so he can respond rather than him just saying things. He is pretty quick / witty

Si80

From watching him on panel shows I think he needs people to say stuff to him so he can respond rather than him just saying things. He is pretty quick / witty
Absolutely. Also his stand-ups are very much built around stories than he can eek out for the laugh with his awkwardness. His Repertoire gigs on Netflix are brilliant.

Si80

I’ve had that Kettering Town song in my head for weeks
I had to stop watching it as I was sat in the office kitchen with about 30 people and I got the giggles which just made me look mental sat looking at my phone laughing like a lunatic

ajsccfc

Updated my superscoreboard, and it's a hell of a swing

Rhod Gilbert
Jessica Knappett (the most endearing person on tv)
James Acaster
Kerry Godliman
Phil Wang

It's been a strong first half, it really is a format that never has to get old but just relies on the mix of people. They all seem to be having a cracking time apart from Kerry who is confused and angry in equal measure which is also great

Otis

Updated my superscoreboard, and it's a hell of a swing

Rhod Gilbert
Jessica Knappett (the most endearing person on tv)
James Acaster
Kerry Godliman
Phil Wang

It's been a strong first half, it really is a format that never has to get old but just relies on the mix of people. They all seem to be having a cracking time apart from Kerry who is confused and angry in equal measure which is also great
Yeah. The only one who is annoying me is Phil Wang and his outfit.

We get the dick 'joke'. Why on earth wear that outfit every episode though? It's a bit embarrassing now.

Liking Jessica Knappett very much as a person too, but I still fancy Kerry Godliman. She has a bit of the cheeky devil about her.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah. The only one who is annoying me is Phil Wang and his outfit.

We get the dick 'joke'. Why on earth wear that outfit every episode though? It's a bit embarrassing now.

Liking Jessica Knappett very much as a person too, but I still fancy Kerry Godliman. She has a bit of the cheeky devil about her.
I thought it was all filmed at once that's why they wore the same?

Otis

I thought it was all filmed at once that's why they wore the same?
No, I don't think so. 10 episodes? Would be aln all-nighter.

Usually they film them in 2's. Hour programme, plus there will be other bits of banter with the audience that are not broadcast.

There were definitely at least two days of filming when I saw tickets available at Pinewood studios.

Liquid Gold

No, I don't think so. 10 episodes? Would be aln all-nighter.

Usually they film them in 2's. Hour programme, plus there will be other bits of banter with the audience that are not broadcast.

There were definitely at least two days of filming when I saw tickets available at Pinewood studios.
They have to wear the same outfit for all the tasks incase they need to re film any bits

Liquid Gold

Hmmm. That sounds very feasible, but James Acaster hasn't worn the same thing every episode and nor has Jessica Knappett.
They have an outdoor outfit an indoor outfit then different clothes in the studio. James Acaster has definitely worn the same green thing in all the outside ones.

Otis

Okay.

Could have sworn Jessica Knappett hasn't worn the same thing, but maybe I'm mistaken.

As I say, it makes sense in one sense, but at the same time they will have filmed over several weeks. I don't see that they would have to wear the same outfit, except for a particular task for continuity.

Otis

I did notice Tim Vine wore the same outfit for every task last series, but I think he was the only one. Well, I thought so anyway.

Otis

Don't you remember Tim Key's red tracksuit or Noel Fielding's yellow skeleton thing?
Yeah, remember Fielding's yellow outfit, but didn't think he wore it every single episode.

Think you are right though. Just had a flick back through the last 3 episodes and I think they do wear the same thing, but in some episodes, Kerry Godliman for instance, is wearing a coat and scarf and in others just a blouse, so that may have thrown me.

I'm sure what you're saying is true, but surely from a production point of view the only continuity you would need would be within each individual task. Each task is unique after all.

Si80

The outside stuff and things at the Taskmaster house are filmed well in advance of the recorded show.

Snow in one of the last episodes means it was March time? I went in June to see the recorded tv show.

Edited to say 2 recorded shows per day over 5 days at Pinewood.

Otis

The outside stuff and things at the Taskmaster house are filmed well in advance of the recorded show.

Snow in one of the last episodes means it was March time? I went in June to see the recorded tv show.
Yeah, for sure. My mistake on that one. Of course the studio stuff is filmed completely separately and almost certainly months after. Think you can tell it is months after, because at times the contestants forget about the tasks when they are brought up in conversation.

Nick

Administrator

Edited to say 2 recorded shows per day over 5 days at Pinewood.

Yeah it's the outside task things isn't, they seem to film them all in one go.

It's the same as the teams, you can tell that certain people were available on certain days as well when they team up.

Otis

Yeah it's the outside task things isn't, they seem to film them all in one go.

It's the same as the teams, you can tell that certain people were available on certain days as well when they team up.
Sounds right, but then in some tasks it's snowing and they have coats on and others they are without coats and it seems a lot warmer season.

Otis

Best series for some time that.

Trying to get my head round who they might get on next.

Any suggestions?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Alex Brooker
Susie dent
Romesh rangenthen
Jessica Hynes

Last edited:

Otis

No he's annoying and not funny. Tries too hard
Not saying I like him, just saying he would be a good shout as a probable contestant.

Those likely to appear opposed to those I would want.

I would like Ross Noble, Reginald D Hunter, Dara O'Brian.

Otis

Henning Wehn might be a possible.

Trying to think of those who aren't too big.

Micky Flanagan would be great on it, but can't see it happening.

Ed Byrne? Gary Delaney?

Otis

Miles Jupp would be a very, very good shout I reckon.

He's just at that level that everyone seems to know him, but he's not overly popular.

I hear Susan Calman loves the show and wants to appear. Can't say I find her at all funny.

Users who are viewing this thread