Taskmaster on Dave (1 Viewer)

Otis

Mixed feelings elsewhere I've looked too. I think it can take a while to warm up and I went in a little pessimistic so I was pleasantly surprised by it myself, plus I'm just happy they didn't stop it completely after the champions special. Never seen much of Alice Levine before but I like her.
She came across as the wittiest of the lot I would say.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, she is quite witty on the radio as well.

Don't like it when they try and force it.

Otis

Just watched the 2nd episode.

Now that was much, much, much funnier!

There's still hope left.

ajsccfc

Watched the second and third in succession, big improvement and I didn't mind the first anyway. Asim Chaudry is still a bit rubbish but likeable, and Liza Tarbuck is running away with it so far. There's ten episodes this series apparently, bloody hell.

Otis

The second one was pretty good but haven't watched the third yet.
Same here. Yet to watch the third.

I have not been impressed with Asim Choudry either. No idea what he's famous for past being Paul's brother.

Otis

Series 7 line up announced.

Looks good.

Rhod Gilbert - Don't mind him. Can be funny at times.
Philip Wang - Like him.
Kelly Godliman - Like her a lot
Jessica Knappett - Never heard of her
James Acaster - Really like him and think he will be great, because he has that off the wall thinking that works so well on here.

Could be the best line-up so far perhaps.

Otis

Really can’t wair for James Acaster. Any idea when it’s on?
No, but I saw there were tickets going for the recording of the shows. That's next week. I nearly applied for tickets, but Pinewood Studios is a bit of a pig to get to,

Would guess at the end of the year.

ajsccfc

I'm sure I read it'll be on in September somewhere

EDIT - here we go Taskmaster Series 7 line-up revealed

Talking about the Series 7, producers say: "The double BAFTA-nominated and Broadcast Award winning comedy game show is set to return for its seventh series with 10 brand new episodes this September

I think it'll be early September as there's an official book out on the 6th - Taskmaster: 200 Extraordinary Tasks for Ordinary People: Amazon.co.uk: Alex Horne: 9781785943584: Books

Getting that

Nick

Administrator
Think it will be much better with James Acaster on it. Didn't really like the last one :(

Si80

Looks good.

Philip Wang - Like him.
James Acaster - Really like him and think he will be great, because he has that off the wall thinking that works so well on here.

Got priority tickets to go and see it next Monday. Can't wait!
Big fan of James Acaster, Rhod Gilbert and Jessica Knappett. Loved Kerry Godliman in Derek and seen some of her standup which has been funny. Phil Wang I've only ever seen on comedy panel shows, but he does make me laugh.

I've started to re-watch the whole series.

Otis

Got priority tickets to go and see it next Monday. Can't wait!
Big fan of James Acaster, Rhod Gilbert and Jessica Knappett. Loved Kerry Godliman in Derek and seen some of her standup which has been funny. Phil Wang I've only ever seen on comedy panel shows, but he does make me laugh.

I've started to re-watch the whole series.
I like Kerry Godliman a lot. Saw one stand up on TV and it was very funny.

For anyone who is interested, Dave have been asking viewers their favourite tasks from all the series and a week on Friday (I think) Dave are showing the top 10.

42 calippos has to be in there. Also the one where they were having to shout across the river.

Moff

Looks good.

Philip Wang - Like him.

Looking forward to that, just hoping its an improvement on Series Six, which whilst at times was funny, I enjoyed the least of all the series so far.

Moff

I like Kerry Godliman a lot. Saw one stand up on TV and it was very funny.

For anyone who is interested, Dave have been asking viewers their favourite tasks from all the series and a week on Friday (I think) Dave are showing the top 10.

42 calippos has to be in there. Also the one where they were having to shout across the river.

Definitely 42 Calippos, I also loved the potato throwing competition when Joe Wilkinson won and then they showed him stepping on the mat and getting disqualified, from hero to nothing in a few small moments.

Si80

Just an update on going to watch the filming of this. If you get the chance to go, just do it. Brilliant few hours spent seeing this recorded last night for the upcoming season.

covmark

Really good episode tonight. Not usually a fan of Rhod Gilbert, but he made me laugh in this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I didn't think the way most of the tasks were played out was that funny, but what was humorous was the banter between the group. Thought that worked well.

Also, call me mad if you want, but I quite fancy Kerrie Godliman.

rob9872

Really good episode tonight. Not usually a fan of Rhod Gilbert, but he made me laugh in this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He's a little one dimensional with his ridiculous rants and I know a few people who have tired of him, but he's still one of my favourites. Possibly because I'm a bit of a curmudgeon too.

ajsccfc

My early ULTIMATE POWER RANKINGS from the first episode, arguably more important than the actual show scores:

Phil Wang
everyone else
Jessica Knappett

Nick

Administrator
I think it has a better mix of people this time and nobody is really overly trying too hard to be something they aren't which makes it a bit better.

Not too sure about the girl from the Inbetweeners though.

Users who are viewing this thread