TalkSport (1 Viewer)

SleepyGinger

Anyone listening? White and Jordan had Waghorn on, talking about what a story it would be if we could get back to the premier league.

Londonccfcfan

Well it would be the greatest achievement in football league history ..

Won't happen though yet, nice thought

Yup 100% be the greatest achievement ever bar NONE if he gets up this year. ( yes it isnt gonna happen).

Teams like
Bournemouth, Brentford, Sheffield united , Huddersfield spent millions to get there.

I remember just like yesterday sitting in a A pub after accrington away in league 2 and watching Wolves in the championship and thinking Championship seems light years away. The man has already deleivered big time.

Everything now is a bonus.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yup 100% be the greatest achievement ever bar NONE if he gets up this year. ( yes it isnt gonna happen).

Teams like
Bournemouth, Brentford, Sheffield united , Huddersfield spent millions to get there.

I remember just like yesterday sitting in a A pub after accrington away in league 2 and watching Wolves in the championship and thinking Championship seems light years away. The man has already deleivered big time.

Huddersfield and Sheffield United spent millions? Sheffield United’s budget was mid table iirc and Huddersfield’s even less

SlowerThanPlatt

Huddersfield and Sheffield United spent millions? Sheffield United’s budget was mid table iirc and Huddersfield’s even less

Huddersfield £11m:

United's wage bill came to £263m, the biggest in England; Huddersfield's wage bill in their promotion-winning campaign was around £11m; indeed it was some £2m lower than in 2012-13, whereas United's went up £81m in the same period.

Evo1883

Doesn't really matter to be honest , we would have gone from league 2 to the Premier league spending probably less than 5 or 6 million in transfer fees .

Sheffield United or Huddersfield never did that

Far greater achievement

torchomatic

Teams like

I remember me and my mate leaving the ground after we'd beaten Stockport away 3-0, our first game since being relegated from the Prem, and thinking "we'll piss this league and be back up next year."

Twenty years later....

I certainly don't think we'll be going up this year, but we are closer than we have ever been in twenty years.

rob9872

I remember me and my mate leaving the ground after we'd beaten Stockport away 3-0, our first game since being relegated from the Prem, and thinking "we'll piss this league and be back up next year."

Twenty years later....

I certainly don't think we'll be going up this year, but we are closer than we have ever been in twenty years.
We said exactly the same (although it was 2-0 and first goal Hughes as we both backed the double). In fact I thought Hughes would fire us back up and was a great Hartson replacement :-( They gave us two sides of their ground too and we arrogantly thought it was a season on tour with some new grounds to visit.

It could be worse - look where Stockport ended up. I think they finished bottom that season with very low points which is perhaps where our false confidence came from.

slowpoke

While we are outsiders for promotion I don’t think we are outsiders to be in the top half and challenging for the top six. We have a decent and versatile squad can mix our game plan too. The big thing injuries cost us big time last season fingers crossed that’s not so bad this season

NorthernWisdom

Twenty years later....

Tell you what, you really were optimistic. We won that game 2-0, not 3-0!

shmmeee

Bigger than Wimbledon?

Or, more recently, Blackpool?

Definitely. Both were over a decade ago and the gap has only got bigger, plus we’d have done it in shorter time than Blackpool did. Not going to happen though, we’re six games in and have played five lower half teams lol.

NorthernWisdom

Definitely. Both were over a decade ago and the gap has only got bigger, plus we’d have done it in shorter time than Blackpool did. Not going to happen though, we’re six games in and have played five lower half teams lol.
Wimbledon had less than zero cash and were still basically a non-league setup. Blackpool managed the rare achievement of having worse owners than us, yet despite that got promoted.

Jagmannn

Back in 1986 3rd round draw of thr FA cup . when they said imagine if Coventry City won the FA cup ...Oh how they laughed

Last edited:

rob9872

The way it's going at the moment it will be Alex scott

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
Can't be her - she's already down to play Viveash, the physio and the back 5.

Users who are viewing this thread