Takeover News!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordsummerisle

Lordsummerisle can get under your skin a bit if you let him but he does give opposite and alternative views in this murky world of football ownership and warned about sisu 4 years ago and has been consistant in his views and i have to say proved right. I can see why he maybe suspect of this latest venture, i cling to the hope that someday we will get it right.

Thanks ER, but to even question whether something is not as perfect as it appears is a hangable offence in some quarters.

Just want everybody to question a bit this time, and be a bit more thoughtful before wholeheartedly throwing their support behind something of which there are no details.

Nobody even knows for sure if there is any bid, or any investors waiting in the wings.

Gaz

What you actually mean is "don't disagree with the majority view or you are a knob?"

Bit knobbish that.

Nope, try and twist things all you want, I don't care if anyone has a different opinion to the majority or to me or whatever, infact I welcome different opinion's to a forum, but what I don't welcome is comments like you come out with that show you as being a knob.
Clear ?

Gaz

It doesn't work though positive thinking does it?

You and Rich have been saying to yourself over and over "I'm not an idiot, I'm not an idiot, I'm not an idiot" for years.

You're still idiots though.

This doesn't seem like "just having a different opinion to the majority"

More like just an example of being a ..well a knob.

Nonleagueherewecome

So what's the latest on the takeover? I've not heard any news since last year.

From what CWR say all the speculation has been massively premature, and they implied that came from the Hoff camp.

ICHAN

Not going to pick sides but from what I have read both sides are slaging each other off the same as the other side, so why not call a truce shake hands and debate the original thread with facts if they are available, without lowering yourselves to name calling because it just does not back up anyones point of view. :wave:

Nonleagueherewecome

Gaz

I think the takeover will take longer than we think too, but I don't think it will happen soon enough to save our season, so as long as it's done in time for the next transfer window I'll be happy.

I think the takeover will take longer than we think too, but I don't think it will happen soon enough to save our season, so as long as it's done in time for the next transfer window I'll be happy.

You think it will take longer than we think? That in my business is called cyclic reasoning and does not make sense.

ICHAN

I would be surprised if it doesn't happen in time for the January window it will be at the end of the season.

Lets hope they still want us at the end of the season if were relegated.:(

I would be surprised if it doesn't happen in time for the January window it will be at the end of the season.

Lets hope they still want us at the end of the season if were relegated.:(

I think they may want us more if we're relegated. You can build a bigger fan base by winning league 1 than by being mid table Championship.

Nonleagueherewecome

Lets just hope it happens at all. May have to write this season off, but at least we're showing fight despite the threadbare squad.

Gaz

You think it will take longer than we think? That in my business is called cyclic reasoning and does not make sense.

Yes I think it will take time for this takeover to all be done and dusted, more time than was first thought.

Problem ?

When you say We you include yourself, so when you say "I think it will take longer than we think" you may as well have written "I think it will take longer than I think".

The correct sentence would be "I think it will take longer than you think"

So no problem, just trying to help a fellow CCFC fan.

ICHAN

And we will be worth less as a net asset , so will be more atractive to buy............. just like Southampton were

Not much of a financial wizard so please bear with me.
So being worth less as a net asset then surely sisu would be pushing them to takeover? I may be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong.

Gaz

I think they may want us more if we're relegated. You can build a bigger fan base by winning league 1 than by being mid table Championship.

Would love that to be true as it's looking more likely that we will be a league lower next season. but any investor with a brain would rather the team they are trying to buy be in the highest league possible, that's obvious I would have thought.

Investors will look for a return regardless of league position. They look at the business. Like I say, I'd expect higher crowds if we were top of league 1 than we have now. Higher crowds = higher revenue = better return on the business. I'd definitely buy a league 1 team to build rather than a championship team if I had the cash to invest after the intial purchase.

SISU may also realise this and hang on for this reason.

BackRoomRummermill

Not much of a financial wizard so please bear with me.
So being worth less as a net asset then surely sisu would be pushing them to takeover? I may be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong.

It is all about the cost ICHAN, whatever is left of CCFC and squad will be worth less in that they will be in L1 and not getting in the revenue, crowds and all the rest so will be worth less.

We dont even own the stadium, maybe just maybe your correct and if there does exist a takeover and this is not all bull that SISU now want to get the most they can now which maybe is what is going on , it is all speculation but the fact remains we will be cheaper to buy in League one the the Championship.

To be honest we dont really know a thing, which is the most frustrating thing. All we have is a few tweets and comments which to be honest is what i would expect if there was somthing happening, at the end of the day it is a private buissness deal and would not want any emotion attached IF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

We have had a few people with some snippets Dark Knight etc and I would never want to say if they are correct or not as I simply do not know.

PUSB

Gaz

I don't think it's a clear as that.

Lower league position = lower ticket prices and less fans.
There is no guarantee we will be at the top of the league so If I was to buy a football team, then I would much rather that team be as high as possible.

And just because I know how much you care that we all write English the correct way, try writing the word one as a word and not the incorrect way of putting down a number. ;) just helping out a fellow Ccfc fan and all.

WillieStanley

I do know that the club are preparing for relegation in the form of a 50% slash in matchday staff.

The revenue is certain to take a sharp dip should we get relegated. Even if our attendances rise and we have another "hit" replica shirt (of which I'm quite excited about due to the 87 anniversary).

WillieStanley

Although, on review of what I just said... A cut in matchday staff may mean an increase in ST sales..?:laugh:

@richh87

If the takeover happens, worst case scenario is that we storm League 1, which would be inevitable. Add to that most of the squad are nothing more than league 1 players anyway - Bell, Baker, McDonald, Platt etc etc

I'm not sure the 'worst case scenario' would be storming league 1 mate ;) We thought that when we got relegated from the Premiership.

I'd love us to win League 1 next season though. In fact i'd prefer it to staying up - as long as winning that league was guaranteed (which it can't be)... :whistle:

Grendel

Nope, try and twist things all you want, I don't care if anyone has a different opinion to the majority or to me or whatever, infact I welcome different opinion's to a forum, but what I don't welcome is comments like you come out with that show you as being a knob.
Clear ?

Your intellectual arguments are so persuasive. Summerisle just presents reasoned arguments which dampen the hysteria which currently exists. I, like him 4 years ago said SISU were a disaster. 4 years ago you and Rich(number something) would be preying at the SISU Temple. Sorry some of us have the ability to question that something new may not be something good just becuase it is new.

@richh87

Your intellectual arguments are so persuasive. Summerisle just presents reasoned arguments which dampen the hysteria which currently exists. I, like him 4 years ago said SISU were a disaster. 4 years ago you and Rich(number something) would be preying at the SISU Temple. Sorry some of us have the ability to question that something new may not be something good just becuase it is new.

If you go back through the thread you'll find the prophet of doom that is Summerisle has been pretty abusive - so don't give people the "he just presents reasoned arguments" rubbish.

There is a difference between being perpetually negative and being cautious or well balanced.

Anyway, I think we've all had enough of this arguing now so let's get back to praying for a takeover.

cloughie

Ref kduffy
Oh the I'm more intelligent than you response is it,

now there was me thinking that everyone was entitled to an opinion and that the I am always right brigade could go into a room by themselves and agree but I doubt they would even listen to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread