Takeover News!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblueinBaku

my own assessment of this is that whilst GH remains the only "realistic" alternative there is still a long way to go.

I think the current fervour is driven more by the fans desperation for change and chinese whispers rather than any real details. I don't think it will be done by 7th January suggested by some (too quick in terms of what needs to be done),

Something is happening behind the scenes but it doesn't mean either that it is close or that it will be successful. Only time will tell, keep calm and deal with those things we can affect.
Perhaps the forthcoming announcement (if there is to be one) will be that agreement has been reached in principle, and the details are still being worked on. This would show that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully (as far as SISU is concerned) defuse the situation re the upcoming protest. Just a thought........:thinking about:

Skybluedar

Perhaps the forthcoming announcement (if there is to be one) will be that agreement has been reached in principle, and the details are still being worked on. This would show that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully (as far as SISU is concerned) defuse the situation re the upcoming protest. Just a thought........:thinking about:

That's a sensible and probably likely scenario should anything positive come to a head this week. I am sure that Hoffman and SISU will both want (for clearly different reasons) to have an announcement regarding a deal (hopefully) made asap.

junglej13

Isn't this what happened with the Manhatten Group years ago - which ultimately came to nothing. I would like to think (fingers crossed) we are passed that stage. I did sceptically think that possibly these rumours could be a giod thing for SISU as they would probably dampen any protests for the weekend.

cloughie

I have also thought how these rumours will help sisu dampen the protest......no wonder they haven't denied it but then again who would know, as they denied Deluded Ken had gone, look how true that was.

We can end up tied up in knots trying to Guess what is really happening.

lordsummerisle

WHAT!!?

Is this a Marlon King thing? Are you saying i'm that 'Who' bloke from GMK?

You really are an odd, depressed fellow. Do us all a favour and pack in supporting City. Tell me this - if the takeover is successful, they buy the Ricoh and fund us to promotion back to the Premier League what will you say?

I'd be over the f*cking moon but I know you'd find something absolutely twatish to moan about. Seriously your life must suck.

*Apologies to the rest of you but seriously over the years this guy has never had a positive word to say about this football club or our City - and I genuinely think he's here on a wind-up.

Seriously when it happened I'll be happy, just like over the years you've obviously been esctatic about the way things have been going with Sisu, Ranson, Coleman etc?

If you haven't previously been esctatic about them, then what have we had to argue about?

You've never been right in the past, though as even a stopped clock is right twice a day, there is always the chance you could be right now.

Given past form though, wouldn't bet on it.

Think you're constantly moaning on here now about SISU, just because you're a bit late to the party you seem, like many others, to try to make yourself more anti-sisu than others now in some fundamentalist(though possibly drop the funda- in your case) way.

Those refuse to heed the lessons of the past are forever likely to repeat it.

Don't know about you, but I've rather cared about who runs the club and how it's run, you don't appear to give it a moments thought, and run blindly from one messiah to another.

Gaz

I'm with Rich on this one.
Keeping positive is what gets us through the depressing times we find ourselves in.
And listening to same same negative BS time after time from the same small few is boring to say the least.

kg82

Seriously when it happened I'll be happy, just like over the years you've obviously been esctatic about the way things have been going with Sisu, Ranson, Coleman etc?

If you haven't previously been esctatic about them, then what have we had to argue about?

You've never been right in the past, though as even a stopped clock is right twice a day, there is always the chance you could be right now.

Think you're constantly moaning on here now about SISU, just because you're a bit late to the party you seem, like many others, to try to make yourself more anti-sisu than others now in some fundamentalist(though possibly drop the funda- in your case) way.

Don't know about you, but I've rather cared about who runs the club and how it's run, you don't appear to give it a moments thought, and run blindly from one messiah to another.

Not sure how you know or don't know if he's been right in the past, you got him confused with someone else in your last post?

lordsummerisle

I'm with Rich on this one.
Keeping positive is what gets us through the depressing times we find ourselves in.
And listening to same same negative BS time after time from the same small few is boring to say the least.

It doesn't work though positive thinking does it?

You and Rich have been saying to yourself over and over "I'm not an idiot, I'm not an idiot, I'm not an idiot" for years.

You're still idiots though.

lordsummerisle

Not sure how you know or don't know if he's been right in the past, you got him confused with someone else in your last post?

Well if we;ve been arguing over the years about stuff, then can only think over the years that I've always been saying that Sisu and Ranson were not to be trusted, and that Coleman was a crap manager.

So if he argued about them, ergo he was in support of them?

kg82

Well if we;ve been arguing over the years about stuff, then can only think over the years that I've always been saying that Sisu and Ranson were not to be trusted, and that Coleman was a crap manager.

So if he argued about them, ergo he was in support of them?

Is that all you argue about? Fulfilling

J

Jack Griffin

I think most of us have seen football takeovers before, they are not always the best for the club in question, are we not now in a position to realise that whoever is interested may not be the best owner, although I cannot believe they could possibly be worse than SISU. I can olny hope they care enough for the club not to leave it in a poor financial state when they depart (as they they almost certainly will).

By its nature Football is composed of winners & losers, but over a decent period of time each club finds its level. Coventry City FC are never going to be the new Man Utd and are not even going to be as successful as Aston Villa (..eughhh..), what we need now is a decade of yo-yoing between Championship & Premiership. That will be our natural level, rather like Birmingham City, Leicester, Wolves & Stoke, who are pretty much on the same level.

lordsummerisle

Is that all you argue about? Fulfilling

What do you want to argue about on a Coventry message board?

Rising energy prices?

Cameron's austerity programme(which I certainly know from another board some are huge supporters of, and totally against any bail-outs in Europe for Greece etc, as "they have to live within their means", yet are some of the most vehement anti-SISU types because they are attemting to "live within our means". Go figure.)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If a deal was agreed in the next week how long would you estimate due dilligence etc to take OSB?

I would guess a couple of weeks GSS. It could be done quicker but given past history if I were the investigating accountants I would want to be sure and not be rushed. When SISU came in remember they & RR claimed there were more debts than thought and that impacted on their player investment

Paxman II

I think most of us have seen football takeovers before, they are not always the best for the club in question, are we not now in a position to realise that whoever is interested may not be the best owner, although I cannot believe they could possibly be worse than SISU. I can olny hope they care enough for the club not to leave it in a poor financial state when they depart (as they they almost certainly will).

By its nature Football is composed of winners & losers, but over a decent period of time each club finds its level. Coventry City FC are never going to be the new Man Utd and are not even going to be as successful as Aston Villa (..eughhh..), what we need now is a decade of yo-yoing between Championship & Premiership. That will be our natural level, rather like Birmingham City, Leicester, Wolves & Stoke, who are pretty much on the same level.

Slightly strange comment in which I see your point but at the same time would have to say that we have had a 34 year run in the Premiership before losing that status.
Blackburn are a small town club but with money they were able to win the Premiership, have 15m pound rated Alan Shearer and are still fighting in there now? Are they any different from us? In fact they are a much smaller club than us.
You may be assuming your statistical 'ideal' from fan base alone? In fact as a City which is in the top ten largest in England smack in the industrial heart of the country should we not then expect to be in the top league?

kg82

Rising energy prices?

Cameron's austerity programme(which I certainly know from another board some are huge supporters of, and totally against any bail-outs in Europe for Greece etc, as "they have to live within their means", yet are some of the most vehement anti-SISU types because they are attemting to "live within our means". Go figure.)

What, so SISU are the be all and end all of stuff to talk about with Coventry City? I'm not arguing, just wondered why you thought you were definitely right with rich.

Astute

I would be worried about our future more if new owners bought our club for£1 than like it seems now where they are taking their time and having to put a serious amount of cash up front to get rid of SISU This points towards maybe getting astute owners for once.

It is easy to say everything is crap about our club when we are doing crap, and then suddenly shut up when things are looking better. Then when things go crap again say "I told you so"

donald_trumps

Rising energy prices?

Bore off lordsummerisle.

Skybluedar

I would be worried about our future more if new owners bought our club for£1 than like it seems now where they are taking their time and having to put a serious amount of cash up front to get rid of SISU This points towards maybe getting astute owners for once.

It is easy to say everything is crap about our club when we are doing crap, and then suddenly shut up when things are looking better. Then when things go crap again say "I told you so"

Totally agree with both points. Well said mate.

lordsummerisle

It's easier to say things are brilliant, do a 180 degree about turn, say that things are the worst they have ever been, say things are brilliant again, then do another 180 degree about turn.

Doesn't involve any original thinking following the crowd.

lordsummerisle

What, so SISU are the be all and end all of stuff to talk about with Coventry City? I'm not arguing, just wondered why you thought you were definitely right with rich.

I'm not sure to be honest, he seems to think he's my nemesis, however I can't really remember arguing with him in particular about anything, so assumed would be my anti-Sisu stance(which has been a bit more measured over the years than current arguments).

Maybe it was a different user-name he had(which i thought), if not, perhaps his arguments weren't very memorable, so a bit of a shit nemesis really!

@richh87

You (as usual) got it wrong when guessing that I used to post under 'theWho' and saying that i support the idea of slapping women is appalling. That kind is accusation has no place on this forum.

I am an optimist but also realistic. What i actually object to is that you hold absolutely everyone with the utmost contempt.

Everybody knows SISU couldn't give a toss about this club. They are just faceless money men with an investment gone wrong - yet you spend your time on here sneering at people like Hoffman, who frankly couldn't be more credible.

Just have a word with yourself - and stop being abusive (and getting your posters mixed up).

DazzleTommyDazzle

It's easier to say things are brilliant, do a 180 degree about turn, say that things are the worst they have ever been, say things are brilliant again, then do another 180 degree about turn.

Doesn't involve any original thinking following the crowd.

That's true, no more original thinking than always being negative!

:):)

lordsummerisle

You (as usual) got it wrong when guessing that I used to post under 'theWho' and saying that i support the idea of slapping women is appalling. That kind is accusation has no place on this forum.

I am an optimist but also realistic. What i actually object to is that you hold absolutely everyone with the utmost contempt.

Everybody knows SISU couldn't give a toss about this club. They are just faceless money men with an investment gone wrong - yet you spend your time on here sneering at people like Hoffman, who frankly couldn't be more credible.

Just have a word with yourself - and stop being abusive (and getting your posters mixed up).

That's the thing, where is the credibility for Hoffman?

The fact that he is a Coventry fan?

Don't give all the highly successful banker rubbish, as just a little research(which I have done, you choose to ignore) shows not quite as good as many think.

His three years on the board with Sisu?

No actual bid as yet for the club, apart from rumours?

You might want to get over-excited over nothing, I prefer facts.

Apologise for confusing you with The Who(Who is a misogynisytic twat, who really did say that "split-arses deserve a slap", with no irony), but unfortunately don't remember arguing with you in the past.

@richh87

That's the thing, where is the credibility for Hoffman?

The fact that he is a Coventry fan?

Don't give all the highly successful banker rubbish, as just a little research(which I have done, you choose to ignore) shows not quite as good as many think.

His three years on the board with Sisu?

No actual bid as yet for the club, apart from rumours?

You might want to get over-excited over nothing, I prefer facts.

Apologise for confusing you with The Who(Who is a misogynisytic twat, who really did say that "split-arses deserve a slap", with no irony), but unfortunately don't remember arguing with you in the past.

Could you kindly point me in the direction of this research - or at least give an outline of what it concerns?

I'm sorry but no matter how you try to twist it he IS 3 things:

- a highly successful and knowledgeable 'banker'

- extremely well connected

- someone who loves our club

Gaz

It doesn't work though positive thinking does it?

You and Rich have been saying to yourself over and over "I'm not an idiot, I'm not an idiot, I'm not an idiot" for years.

You're still idiots though.

No the only idiot is you.
All you do is post negative crap and then jump on anyone who wants to look for hope and stay positive.

I would hate to be like you,
For god's sake try cracking a smile for once in your sad life rather than trying to bring everyone down to your pathetic level.

lordsummerisle

Could you kindly point me in the direction of this research - or at least give an outline of what it concerns?

I'm sorry but no matter how you try to twist it he IS 3 things:

- a highly successful and knowledgeable 'banker'

- extremely well connected

- someone who loves our club

Have posted before about him being " a highly successful and knowledgeable banker"

A myth, was removed from his role as Chairman of Barclaycard after huge losses(before the credit crunch, when it was thought virtually impossible for a credit card company to make losses) and then made vice-chairman in charge of "equality and diversity", a nothing job if anything, and hardly a high powered business role.

Took over as chairman of Northern Rock, when the worst was over, but left after a relatively short time, sold then later at a loss to Virgin.

He left to head up NBNK, in order for them to set up a new high street bank, with two targets, Northern Rock(which he should have been well placed to bid for having being the chairman a year earlier), and the sell off of Lloyds bank.

Didn't succeed with any of them, which, as NBNK was an empty shell set up just for those bids, means it should be wound up fairly soon.

He does know how to line his own pockets though, which is success of a sort, but in the banking world nowadays, not necessarily showing success.

His connections have brought us what exactly? According to some on here Keys introduced these mystery investors to Hoffman, not the other way round, though of course don't give credence to any of them.

He's a Coventry Fan, so what? So are you, so am I? So are some of The Enemy, doesn't make us any more likely to have the backing for a bid, or mean that The Enemy are now better than Oasis because they're from Coventry.

Isn't John Clarke a Coventry Fan? Joe Elliott? Geoffrey Robinson? The Ccat in a bin woman possibly?Ranson isn't(Yet people love him), and doubt very much if any mystery Far Eastern investor has been a life-long fan of Coventry either.

The Coventry Fan argument is spurious.

lordsummerisle

No the only idiot is you.
All you do is post negative crap and then jump on anyone who wants to look for hope and stay positive.

I would hate to be like you,
For god's sake try cracking a smile for once in your sad life rather than trying to bring everyone down to your pathetic level.

You'd love to be like me, good looking, intelligent, and modest.

Gaz

You'd love to be like me, good looking, intelligent, and modest.

It's clear your just arshole who more than likely still lives with his mum.

Just let people have there views on here without being a knob yeah ? FFS

if you're not talking about the possible takeover then please don't post. Start a seperate thread if you want to argue about other stuff.

EleanorRigby

Lordsummerisle can get under your skin a bit if you let him but he does give opposite and alternative views in this murky world of football ownership and warned about sisu 4 years ago and has been consistant in his views and i have to say proved right. I can see why he maybe suspect of this latest venture, i cling to the hope that someday we will get it right.

lordsummerisle

What you actually mean is "don't disagree with the majority view or you are a knob?"

Bit knobbish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread