Takeover given go ahead (1 Viewer)

Noggin

The football league are even more guilty than sisu in this mess imo, in the same way it's the governments fault when amazon pay a pittance in tax.

The Reverend Skyblue

Well goodbye Cov, I will support you away only, no money ever again on merchandise or anything else, and I will never set foot in any stadium other than the Ricoh you call home.45 years of my support and finally shafted by some London hedge fund lowlifes

cloughie

It does not say they have approved it it said they have noted appletons decision and they will work with him and proposed purchaser to fullfil the FL inslovency policy etc

Sky Blue Dal

The FL and FA is a farce ...

Fit and proper nonsense is all front and political.

I hate the way we criticise FIFA and Sep Blatter when our FA and FL are far worse.

Maybe we should get our own house in order before crapping on FIFA.

No wonder England failed in its bid to get the World Cup. FIFA must have seen straight through them and realised they are just as corrupt.

What a Joke.

I am cutting my ties with CCFC SISU ... the final straw that has broke the camels back for me ... Don't give a toss what happens with them anymore.

I'm off, got better things to do like watch Villa.

Last edited:

SBS

I think the FL are far more concerned with the fact they haven't got a title sponsor in time for the release of the fixtures and the betting contract with Bet Butler that has just been terminated halfway through its duration.

Can't be worrying about the "real fans" in these desperate and worrying times!

RegiswasGod

Clearly the FL don't really look deeply enough into companies when conducting their fit and proper tests! If they did, they would see that it is the same company and same people that are "taking over" the club that are one of the biggest contributors into why we are in this mess!

As for a takeover - surely it can't be classed as a takeover when the paperwork and debts have just been moved from one room in a building to another. How can a company "takeover" a company they already own?! I still don't understand it.

What a mess :confused:

Sky Blue Dal

It does not say they have approved it it said they have noted appletons decision and they will work with him and proposed purchaser to fullfil the FL inslovency policy etc

I know you trying to give us a glimmer of hope... but can't see them doing Jack ... They as corrupt as SISU.

But I hope I am wrong.

Sky Blue Dal

Clearly the FL don't really look deeply enough into companies when conducting their fit and proper tests! If they did, they would see that it is the same company and same people that are "taking over" the club that are one of the biggest contributors into why we are in this mess!

As for a takeover - surely it can't be classed as a takeover when the paperwork and debts have just been moved from one room in a building to another. How can a company "takeover" a company they already own?! I still don't understand it.

What a mess :confused:

My exact sentiments!

Sick Boy

Of course it isn't.

We probably have some of the worst, most disloyal fans in the whole country.

Sterling Archer

Of course it isn't.

We probably have some of the worst, most disloyal fans in the whole country.
I try not to tar all our fans with the opinions of a loud section of this place. It scares me that the club reads this forum and makes judgements about our fans feelings based on it.

Our fans have always been quite apathetic though. I don't remember seeing the "Sky Blue coffin" or the "SISU out balloons" last season when we were going through a good run of form and looking like we could make the JPT Final.

Sick Boy

I try not to tar all our fans with the opinions of a loud section of this place. It scares me that the club reads this forum and makes judgements about our fans feelings based on it.

Our fans have always been quite apathetic though. I don't remember seeing the "Sky Blue coffin" or the "SISU out balloons" last season when we were going through a good run of form and looking like we could make the JPT Final.

My sentiments exactly. Fair play to Nick for running the forum, but it makes me feel ashamed that this is regarded as the main forum for ccfc fans. It scares me as well that the club may well make judgements about the fans based on this site.

If opposition fans came on here, it would probably give them a good laugh as well.

jesus-wept

Knee-jerk reactions. No decisions yet by the FL on Optium or where we are to play. This is just the start. None of the big hitters have spoken yet, Elliott, Hoffman, MPs. They won't until things transpire and become official. I hope the Trust are lobbying would be landlords and fans of that club as we speak. Getting the ground share drivel cancelled has to be paramount. I agree the local press by now should have found things out in the Birmingham area through their colleagues over there, perhaps it seems they haven't is a good sign.

The Reverend Skyblue

I wonder how upset some people would get if something that they didn't actually expect happened?

I understand what your saying Lordsummerisle, we all expected this ,it doesn't stop it hurting like f**k , everytime something is released I just picture that smug bastard Fishers grin on his fat twat of a face.

covcity4life

I understand what your saying Lordsummerisle, we all expected this ,it doesn't stop it hurting like f**k , everytime something is released I just picture that smug bastard Fishers grin on his fat twat of a face.

but you ALWAYS do this rev;)

how many times this season have you spoken about how you feel we could be weeks away from liquadation etc

cheer up, long way to go in this saga yet i feel

torchomatic

Sometimes when I come on here I think I've logged onto the Little Girls Crying Like Babies forum instead of one about Coventry City. Jesus, some of the things on here are embarrassing. My favourite though last week was "RIP Coventry City, you are now dead to me, I will never see your beautiful face again". I mean, come on. Get a grip.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going remember. That's what BO said, not "give up and cry like a little girl".

The Reverend Skyblue

oh do calm down

Clearly no passion for the club ,it comes through every one of your posts. You just don't care at all what happens to the club, you'll just sit back ,slag off anyone who states how he hates whats going on, and go whatever.
Have you no fight boy, or are you happy with the direction our club is going in, and the way SISU are "taking us forward" as a club

covcity4life

Clearly no passion for the club ,it comes through every one of your posts. You just don't care at all what happens to the club, you'll just sit back ,slag off anyone who states how he hates whats going on, and go whatever.
Have you no fight boy, or are you happy with the direction our club is going in, and the way SISU are "taking us forward" as a club

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: tried to be nice to you

fleebagfisher

We haven't exactly been standing outside the fa hq in our thousands giving them something to worry about have we! Come on guys the fact is the game is still being played between the players, no matter who owns us, where we play, whether we own the ground if the players are so crap they cant get out of the third division its no point caring about the rest. If the players put in a full seasons shift (which they haven't done for years now) the owners will start funding them.

All this goodbye city you have been my life rubbish is tedious, if your a fan you will continue ton support the team no matter where they play or who they are owned by. It is just another part of ccfc history and in 5 years we will be looking back wondering what all the fuss is about. And don't forget - the council forced this issue by threatening and applying for their administration claim. Blame the council for the current debacle sisu are acting absolutely correctly for a business in their position, having to run a club haemorrhaging cash, fighting the acl / council scum bags and trying to defend themselves against a baying crowd of supporters who will not even attempt to understand the club is a business, not a loved animal, ITS NO WONDER SISU STAY AWAY AND USE THE MOUTHPIECE FISHER. GIVE THEM A BREAK LADS THEY SAVED THIS CLUB DON'T YOU REMEMBER? AND THEY HAVE KEPT US FROM EXTINCTION FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS. IN ALL HONESTY I CANT FIGURE OUT WHY FANS ARE COMPLAINING. FOR THOSE WHO TRULY BELIEVE IN BILLIONAIRES OWNING US AND EVERYTHING BEING ALL RIGHT' ...

GOT NEWS FOR YOU WE HAVE BILLIONAIRE OWNERS,

THE THING ABOUT BILLIONAIRES IS THEY BECAME BILLIONAIRES BY BEING SAVVIE - THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT SISU ARE DOING NOW. I SAY LETS GIVE SISU TIME TO WIN THIS PARTICULAR BATTLE, SUPPORT THE TEAM, HOME AND AWAY, AND LETS SEE THE OUTCOME IN 1 YEAR. IF NO CHANGE THEN LETS GET OFF OUR BACKSIDES AND DO SOMETHING. AT LEAST STOP THE KEYBOARD WARRIOR BULLSHIT AND GET TO LONDON TO PROTEST. SAY IT LOUD SAY IT CLEAR. TO MANY WANKER FANS HERE TAKING THE PISS OUT THE PROTESTERS LAST WEEK --- SLAGGING THE NUMBERS YET THEY DIDN'T BOTHER TO GO THEMSELVES. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE THIS SITUATION MY FELLOW CITY SUPPORTERS YOU NEED TO HIT THE STREETS AND BE HEARD.

Last edited:

duffer

I think there's a bit of jumping the gun here.

ACL haven't said what they're going to do yet in terms of perhaps challenging the Administrator's decision, and the FL haven't confirmed that Otium have met the "requirements of The League's insolvency policy", just that they'll work with them on it.

There may yet be a time for a great wailing and gnashing of teeth, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Actually it says it notes Appletons decision and will now work with the administrator & the bidder to see if they meet the FL insolvency criteria before they decide whether they can accept the proposed new owners

What it does not do is accept that Otium now own CCFC Ltd or even rubber stamp it

Users who are viewing this thread