Sydney Fc view of Cazarine (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Feb 28 2011 01:39
Get more on: bruno | cazarine | sydney | fc | aleague
SYDNEY FC have been given a boost on the eve of their Asian Champions League campaign with Brazilian star striker Bruno Cazarine signing on for another season.

Cazarine, 27, will lead Sydney FC's attack this Wednesday night when the Sky Blues face former Champions League winners Suwon Samsung Bluewings from Korea at Sydney Football Stadium.

He joined Sydney five games into the Sky Blues title defence and made an immediate impact, scoring on debut in a 2-1 loss to Wellington Phoenix last September. He then went on to score nine in 22 games.

"I am very excited about signing again with Sydney FC. I have a deep passion for this club and city already after just being here for one season. I put in 100 percent effort every time I play for the team and I think I have added many good things to the team," said Cazarine

"It is a very physical league and I have adapted to that very well. I love to score goals and celebrate with the Sydney FC fans. I want to do more of that during the Asian Champions League and next season in the A-League.

"It was important for me to play well as we had many injuries through the season. I liked playing the target man in attack as well as a natural striker position this season.

"The club has been excellent to me. The facilities are great and I made many friends with the team quickly.

"I have adapted to the relaxed feel of Sydney very well and that has helped me and my partner. I am looking forward to the next few games against some very big teams from Asia. I think we will do very well.

"I want to many people from Sydney come to the game on Wednesday and support us. We are playing for Sydney and for Australia in this tournament."

AFCCOVENTRY

Go to 1m 58s into the clip....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL :D

[video=youtube;CuzZ5HTO0vo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuzZ5HTO0vo&feature=related[/video]

sydneyfan

I thought i would jump online and just give my 2c.

The A-League is a pretty decent level of competition where the best teams would probably be in a relegation battle in the championship and the worst teams being in league 2. You can question this all you like but its probably worth pointing out the following:
* Mustafa Amini + Mitch Langerak = Borussia Dortmund and are in the first team at the moment for their pre-season
* Mathew Leckie = Borussia Monchengladbach
* Matt McKay = Moved to Rangers (although not successful for many reasons)
* Matt Ryan = Currently trialing at Tottenham (GK)
* Curtis Good = Finished trial with Newcastle and has been signed
* Mile Jedinak = Crystal Palace
Just a few example of young Australians who have recently (<2 years) made moves overseas from A-league to 1st division football in respective countries.

Also worth pointing out someone like Francis Jeffers who struggled here and is now at Tranmere. Also the likes of Harry Kewell and Brett Emerton who returned last season from high levels of football and have found the A-league alot higher in quality than what they expected.

With that in mind I am not sure if Bruno could be a starting XI player for a team that would be pushing for top of league one. His stats at sydney undersell his performance and with some good delivery he can score bucketloads. His heading is off extremely high quality and his hold up play, turning and finishing are also very good. He is not super quick but that doesnt mean he is your lumbering target man. I think the trial could go either way and he could probably be very successful or a good bench player.

Users who are viewing this thread