Match Thread Swindon Town Friendly (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Going on endlessly about how it's only preseason is fine, but you're allowed to take good and bad things away from a preseason game, even if the results and performances are mostly meaningless at this point.

Was very impressed with Burroughs and Bapaga. O'Hare, Baka and Jones also did well.

It's concerning that Swindon (who look like a very tidy side!) are so far ahead of us in terms of sharpness.

Agreed, it's ridiculous to criticise people for asking questions based on what they've seen today.
It would be equally ridiculous to write us off or start melting down based on a pre season friendly. Both are extreme positions.

Ring Of Steel

Actually, I'm criticising the very performance in front of me, I know exactly how we played last pre season, we were not as sloppy, alot sharper and didnt look a million miles away... This performance says we have an awful lot of work to do... Rather than say It means nothing because its an irrelevant match... And I get that attitude but the fact is the gulf today was bigger than I'd have liked it to be... We could easily have lost by several goals and had we have done so... People like yourselves would also be screeching on here.

Nobody would have been screeching unless they’re an idiot, like you. I couldn’t give a fuck how we played in a game like this, what “gulf” you perceive, and history very clearly shows there is zero correlation between pre season and actual season. It’s why I can’t stand friendlies, they’re garbage- god knows why people on here decide to turn into Mourinho and dissect everything to the nth degree and slate everyone. Friendlies are shit (apart from for the piss up) and you can read nothing into them.

Evo1883

Nobody would have been screeching unless they’re an idiot, like you. I couldn’t give a fuck how we played in a game like this, what “gulf” you perceive, and history very clearly shows there is zero correlation between pre season and actual season. It’s why I can’t stand friendlies, they’re garbage- god knows why people on here decide to turn into Mourinho and dissect everything to the nth degree and slate everyone. Friendlies are shit (apart from for the piss up) and you can read nothing into them.

Right let's wrap something up quickly... Can you have a chat without the shit insult... The performance was poor, we look a long long way off, further off than I would like us to be in truth.. tell me what I've said That's not actually reasonable

cc84cov

i was simply stating a fact kid and the irony of you mocking someones "banter" and then coming out with that?

You seem to have the iq and wit of 5 year old child who's in a coma.

I
No mate you was simply getting in on mine and Nick’s action relax yourself son he’s a big boy we have a few back and forth’s we enjoy it he doesn’t need you to look after him...nick tell this cock sucker to stay out of our banter please mate will ya 🥴

cc84cov

he talks more about football than anyone else but seems to know less about football than anyone else.
I’m still waiting for you to quote me on your last post mate we spoke about 3 weeks ago ? Don’t let me see you talk about me again until you clear up that matter please mate 🤨😆

Saddlebrains

What is he referring to? Player movement?

Exactly that.

Its clear we need to shift some shit, the likes of Kastaneer and 1 of max or baka at least.

And as covered we're all on agreement we need cover for kelly, at least 1 striker and a centre half.

Think you'll see things move now, robins has had 6 weeks training and 2 games now to see what he needs and who isnt good enough

David O'Day

Evo I feel for these grown men who cling to other men for likes on a forum mate it’s weird

What's weird is you being a weirdo on here.

My favourite line of yours was the one about knowing John Dawkins personally liek anyone gives a flying fuck
No mate you was simply getting in on mine and Nick’s action relax yourself son he’s a big boy we have a few back and forth’s we enjoy it he doesn’t need you to look after him...nick tell this cock sucker to stay out of our banter please mate will ya 🥴

Mate you seem to lack the read comprehension of someone who has actually been to school.

I didn't step in to anything with you and Nick, someone else said the 84 was your IQ and I simply said it was your penis size in mm.

Come back when you can read.

David O'Day

I’m still waiting for you to quote me on your last post mate we spoke about 3 weeks ago ? Don’t let me see you talk about me again until you clear up that matter please mate 🤨😆

Or what would you actually do? You are a weirdo who was obvs bullied at school.

nigel you are just making yourself look like a c**t now

larry_david

Bapaga looked decent. Quick, direct, confident.
Shipley is either stunning or dreadful
Giles looks very good. Tall, strong quick and direct.
Jack B considering playing out of position looked great. Needs a solid loan once we have players back at rwb.
JJ decent enough.
Eccles calm and fairly classy but still looks like a boy playing a man's game.
Mason looks like he's fallen out of love with football tbh.
Enjoyed the last 25 mins. Will B was all over the pitch, love it

cc84cov

What's weird is you being a weirdo on here.

My favourite line of yours was the one about knowing John Dawkins personally liek anyone gives a flying fuck

Mate you seem to lack the read comprehension of someone who has actually been to school.

I didn't step in to anything with you and Nick, someone else said the 84 was your IQ and I simply said it was your penis size in mm.

Come back when you can read.
You embarrassed yourself chomping at nicks Nuts mate you’ve had an attempt at banter and clearly got yourself all wound up we will leave it there I think.

Colin Steins Smile

Positives from our younger players today: Giles, Burroughs, Jones, Bapaga. The players all worked hard closing down and I felt they were possibly lacking a yard of pace after a hard week of training

Thought we left too much space between the back 3 and midfield - Swindon exploited that and our right side of defence first half looked weak.

Ring Of Steel

you mean the one where I said you spent most of the season getting things wrong and saying Robins didn’t have a clue what he’s doing?

fatso

I just feel that too many players were doing nothing more than going through the motions. Yes it was only a friendly and no points were at stake, But for fuck sake I’d expect a few to at least break into a sweat. It speaks volumes that it was the younger u23 players who stood out, Most of the first team may as well not of travelled.
I thought Giles looked good, Jones was busy and offered something, Hamer is neat and tidy, but I can’t see Hilsner getting anywhere near the starting line up, (hope he proves me wrong)
In short, plenty to work on before the next friendly, and hopefully a couple of new faces.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Going on endlessly about how it's only preseason is fine, but you're allowed to take good and bad things away from a preseason game, even if the results and performances are mostly meaningless at this point.

Was very impressed with Burroughs and Bapaga. O'Hare, Baka and Jones also did well.

It's concerning that Swindon (who look like a very tidy side!) are so far ahead of us in terms of sharpness.
I don’t think anyone has a problem with pointing out deficiencies, it’s the knee-jerk “we’re shit” posts that grate. Particularly given its a friendly etc etc.

Hadn’t seen a lot of Bapaga before today, but if he carries on like that he could be some player. Also great to see JJ looking sharp, confident and fit and Burroughs was impressive.

Plenty of positives, and the main negative seems to be match sharpness which is something we have a month to sort out.

David O'Day

You embarrassed yourself chomping at nicks Nuts mate you’ve had an attempt at banter and clearly got yourself all wound up we will leave it there I think.

Nah mate i'm going to play with you some more

Years ago I was in the cross on a Sunday daytime drinking sesh and some weird bloke was dragged out the toilet for passing our andpissing himself.

That man was you Nigel

Colin Steins Smile

Apologies if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but are we presuming that Kastaneer and Ponticelli not featuring is an indication that they are on their way out of the club?

Users who are viewing this thread