Swindon Match Thread (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Vince takes out a man for the second time and gets a yellow. Lucky after the first on the byline but could escape a booking for this one. All from a thrown / roll out by RCC that he didn't trap before thinking of his next move

Free kick is a good one Swindon celebrate but it's actually wide

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Great ball from Rose to send Armstrong beyond the defende, he has MAF up with him who I'm not too sure what he wanted to do. Volley? Control? Take a touch before having a go? He did all these at the same time and keeper is laughing. Easy take for him

Best chance of the game for us

Otis

Vincekot has had a bit of a shocker! Could bring rose in and Murphy on?
Yep. Vincelot HAS to go off and he's a red card just waiting to happen.

Some of our passing has been truly dreadful.

Another thing has become apparent. Our pace players have no physicality and our physical players have no pace.

We replaced the pace today and all it has done is throw up another problem.
Rose has done okay and so too Cole, Stephens and Martin.

Lorentzson was doing well until that woeful pass near the end.

Otis

Swindon look quite comfortable.

We need to change something I think to threaten a bit more.

Armstrong not getting a sniff.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
HT 0-0 (optimistically almost put 1-1 then :facepalm: )

Could have conceded right at the death but shot goes wide

Better performance and both sides up for it in the main.

Couple of times early on our midfield looked like they were dozing but all but Vince have woken up and have improved over the 45.

Rose looking very useful and him and Lorentzen playin in front of one another is a contract to Ricketts and Cole on the left. Can you get a slower partnership in any other league? :thinking about:

Only one real chance for each team but ended up with celebrations being cut short

Can't see many goals in this, but can see both teams coming out in the second half wanting to get atleast one.

I'd be looking for Vince to go off. Not sure who I'd bring on though. Was going to say Ruben (is he on the bench? If not Murphy) and put Rose alongside Fleck, but he's having a great game where he is, then Bigi for a like for like change, but it's Bigi, or Maddison, but he wouldn't defend and he was awful in the right on Ssturday

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Lots of passes going astray. Seems to be a regular thing since xmas.

Great_Expectations

Lorentzon, Stephen and Martin impressive so far.

Vincelot having a poor poor game and he must be odds on to get send off. Either bring Bigi on (I know he's not particularly liked on here, but he's more then good enough at this level, he just needs confidence) or bring Murphy on and push Rose inside.

Rose is definitely not a winger, his first touch/pass is always backwards, but he's doing well enough and is an outlet in the air.

lifeskyblue

We surrendered initiative after 5mins and allowed Swindon time and space. They look comfortable but I don't think either team really putting everything in to it. At least not yet. We need to inject some desire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Lorentzson looks pretty good. Rose is out of position but does bring something.

We lack creation of chances though. No wingers no crosses from the bi-line - the team suddenly looks pretty drab.

If Mowbray is serious about winning the formation has to change as to the personnel. Maddison and Murphy will have to play at some stage but Mowbray ultimately is cautious and will see it as a sign if positivity we aren't conceding.

It's worrying out two best players are players he's chosen to omit from the team for most of the time they've been available. Rose is no superstar but at least has energy and pitch coverage. The right back looks very good.

Otis

Lorentzon, Stephen and Martin impressive so far.

Vincelot having a poor poor game and he must be odds on to get send off. Either bring Bigi on (I know he's not particularly liked on here, but he's more then good enough at this level, he just needs confidence) or bring Murphy on and push Rose inside.

Rose is definitely not a winger, his first touch/pass is always backwards, but he's doing well enough and is an outlet in the air.
Being Bigi on?

Aren't enough passes going astray as it is? ;)

Otis

Would also say Rose has put a couple of great balls forwards into the box.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread