Match Thread Swansea (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Walker is also playing his what? Second game back from long term injury?
Exactly he had Covid then a tear that was his second start since coming back most teams will ease him back in needs must and we have to start him as we don’t have anyone better that’s including robins January signing of Gyo

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't think anybody is sure what point you're trying to make anymore.

Walker had one incredibly difficult chance, missed it. Biamou had 3 easier ones & missed them all no?

Both strikers were marshalled well by a team with the best defensive record in the country. Guehi, probably the best centre back in the league, did a great job on Walker. It happens.
Equally we did a good job on Ayew. Is he shit too?

Trying to diminish what I'm saying, when I have clearly explained my point seeks to make you look silly, not me. You are also making things deliberately worse by taking Walkers chance and gradually making it sound harder and harder. He wasn't forty yards out.

Biamou had decent chances. Everyone agrees. Biamou did actually put himself about a bit too.
Walker did fuck all for the entirety of the game, then had a pretty good chance at the end which he fucked up. Yet people, particularly you, don't want to acknowledge it.

I hope that he improves and gets better and better like Shmmeee has said, but I cannot help you if you can't read basic English, and if you have such weighted opinions on certain players, that's your prerogative.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He gets defended as we all know with service he will score goals we’ve seen it last nights chance that max had walker scores every time you just have to look at walkers goals to see he thrives off service not scraps and high balls

He got service at the end. He missed.

For the rest of the game you also have to work your way into positions and make runs, he didn't do enough of that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Walker is also playing his what? Second game back from long term injury?

Yes, and I commented on that yesterday.

Robins himself said that Walker should have done better, but that he is also getting back up to speed after being out so long. I think that is a fair assessment. People making out that his chance was one in a million is just bizarre, especially when the manager has put it straight himself.

cc84cov

Robins himself said that Walker should have done better, but that he is also getting back up to speed after being out so long. I think that is a fair assessment. People making out that his chance was one in a million is just bizarre, especially when the manager has put it straight himself.
He should and could of done better still doesn’t make it an easy chance mate half chance at best,Max volley was worse so was his left foot attempt after going on a run but the volley first half was a criminal miss

clint van damme

He got service at the end. He missed.

For the rest of the game you also have to work your way into positions and make runs, he didn't do enough of that.

Not saying you're wrong, a lot of your criticisms I agree with.
But I do think it's very difficult to judge a players off the ball work accurately when watching on TV. Just a general observation.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He should and could of done better still doesn’t make it an easy chance mate half chance at best,Max volley was worse so was his left foot attempt after going on a run but the volley first half was a criminal miss

In which case, if he should do better, I am really not sure what the torch and pitch forks are all about.

Biamou had a shocker in front of goal. No dispute. Walker also had one chance that he should have done much better with, as well as being anonymous all game, but it is seen as taboo to criticise him.

shmmeee

Not one in a million, but a lot harder than Biamou one where he just had to get it on target and it was in IMO.

shmmeee

Critisised his signing when it happened got shouted at for it lol if he was at the level no chance Swansea let him go

We needed someone. He hasn’t worked out. Always the risk with bringing players in. Swansea obviously saw something in him, just a shame it hasn’t worked out.

Anyway, Godden back in four games and we can stop all these arguments :p

Frostie

Trying to diminish what I'm saying, when I have clearly explained my point seeks to make you look silly, not me. You are also making things deliberately worse by taking Walkers chance and gradually making it sound harder and harder. He wasn't forty yards out.

Biamou had decent chances. Everyone agrees. Biamou did actually put himself about a bit too.
Walker did fuck all for the entirety of the game, then had a pretty good chance at the end which he fucked up. Yet people, particularly you, don't want to acknowledge it.

I hope that he improves and gets better and better like Shmmeee has said, but I cannot help you if you can't read basic English, and if you have such weighted opinions on certain players, that's your prerogative.

Not trying to diminish at all, you haven't clearly explained, hence why almost everyone is replying with questions. Happy to admit I'm silly but no, I don't understand & don't think I'm alone in that.

Here's my points to what you've said there.

Walker's chance was incredibly difficult. You disagree but xG was invented for exactly the purpose of measuring chance difficulty & Walker's chance was rated as 0.06 xG i.e. Only scored 6% of the time, you're making it out to be far simpler than it was.
By comparison, all of Biamou's were easier.

Now, the point about Walker not being involved enough is much fairer. Playing the 2 as a pair though, they don't play identical roles. Your target man (Biamou) will always come deeper to get on the ball, win flick ons etc. whilst your other striker (Walker) will attempt to find space behind etc. If they're both doing the same job they'd be useless & also we wouldn't be playing to their strengths.

Walker's movement generally is very good, no he wasn't at his best last night, but we all know his lack of game time & you also have to give credit to Swansea who absolutely did a job on him, as they did with Biamou.
They have the best defensive record for a reason.

Frostie

Critisised his signing when it happened got shouted at for it lol if he was at the level no chance Swansea let him go

Because it's sensible to at least give him a chance first.

I still think he's a decent player & could have a decent career, Østigard is lauded on here as having pedigree based on his performances in Germany where Gyökeres was equally as good.

If he didn't have talent a top team like Swansea wouldn't have wanted him in the first place.
Has he answered our goalscoring problems, no but he has contributed something.

Liquid Gold

In my opinion he missed a very good chance. Max missed two very good chances. McFadzean also missed a very good chance.

For some reason, there are people who agree with the latter two statements, but not the first. It is just a bit weird.

View attachment 18868

For someone who did nothing all game, according to his most avid supporters, he would in theory bury this chance. He didn't. The keeper was at sea, and even Robins said he should have done better.
This is a great example of a still image not telling the story. The ball was coming in over his body at pace. I've screenshotted below that he had to stretch his leg fully to even make contact

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 13.20.33.png

Skybluebeliever

We needed someone. He hasn’t worked out. Always the risk with bringing players in. Swansea obviously saw something in him, just a shame it hasn’t worked out.

Anyway, Godden back in four games and we can stop all these arguments :p
I would expect godden on the bench on Saturday

Adge

How many ‘worldies’ has he scored in the last 4 years for us?
That always seems to be the go to argument for Biamou. I can remember Yeovil, Notts County and Peterborough. 3 goals, always scores a worldy though🙄

Evo1883

Walker will be following instructions from Robins, I think we all know how kindly Robins takes to players not following his instructions

Evo1883

League Goals?? Why should we bother to count games against Leagues One and Two?

The figures for the Championship are:

Clark-Harris - 9
Walker - 10
Biamou - 3

The difference is largely because because Biamou has only played 23 Championship games. So he's on course for 6 goals in a full 46 game season. And he's played them this season.

Clark-Harris has played 57 Championship games. That's 7 goals in a full season. And he last played in the Championship four seasons ago in 2016-17.

Tyler Walker has played 63 Championship games. Also equivalent to 7 goals in a full season and like Biamou is a current Championship player.

There's no doubt that Biamou's Championship goal-scoring record is slightly worse - 6 goals a season rather than 7 - but he contributes in other ways too. And he keeps improving.

So who knows how things will turn out by the end of the season?
Not sure I get this comparison, walker played 38 of his 63 championship games before the age of 20.

And JCH signed for Rotherham when he was 19

Biamou is a seasoned pro

So it's hardly a fair comparison

Since moving to Mansfield walker has scored 42 league goals in his last 100 games, he's 23. A goal every 2.38 games

Clarke Harris has scored 52 goals in his last 132 league games including City, he's 26 a goal every 2.52 games

Last edited:

Grendel

Not sure I get this comparison, walker played 38 of his 63 championship games before the age of 20.

And JCH signed for Rotherham when he was 19

Biamou is a seasoned pro

So it's hardly a fair comparison

Since moving to Mansfield walker has scored 42 league goals in his last 100 games, he's 23. A goal every 2.38 games

Clarke Harris has scored 52 goals in his last 132 league games including City, he's 26 a goal every 2.52 games

Also Clarke Harris started only 27 games for Rotherham and many of his sub appearances were late introductions

Same I suspect for walker who started 13 games for Forest

Sick Boy

I’m genuinely shocked that no other club has come in for him yet considering he’s free to speak with other clubs. After all, he’s the best athlete and finisher at the club and the sort of person who’d have your back in the trenches.

Grendel

I’m genuinely shocked that no other club has come in for him yet considering he’s free to speak with other clubs. After all, he’s the best athlete and finisher at the club and the sort of person who’d have your back in the trenches.

It’s truly shocking 😂

Users who are viewing this thread