Match Thread Swansea (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

He's not running around because he has been told to stay still.
His job is to score goals, not to battle for the ball.
That sitter was harder than it looked.

Etc etc.

Again, I'm not trying to say the two players are comparable, but the bias in some people is a bit silly because the same people then rip Max to bits. There isn't really any balance.
It’s not just the odd sitter though - Max regularly misses chances that has cost us points (forest away and Watford away being notable games) he has played 25 games and has had 2 good games.

Walker goes missing but he’s also scored 6 goals in 4 match winning efforts, and as above.. if max had put his sitter away against Watford all of walkers goals would have been point winning games.

they are 2 very different players, but Walker gets defended because he’s more likely to have game winning performances than max

cc84cov

It’s not just the odd sitter though - Max regularly misses chances that has cost us points (forest away and Watford away being notable games) he has played 25 games and has had 2 good games.

Walker goes missing but he’s also scored 6 goals in 4 match winning efforts, and as above.. if max had put his sitter away against Watford all of walkers goals would have been point winning games.

they are 2 very different players, but Walker gets defended because he’s more likely to have game winning performances than max
No we know that walker is clinical given the chances that first half volley max missed walker scores that every time compare their records league 1 & 2 you’ll get it that’s why he’s defended as he shown us Saturday give him service might help tho hey

BornSlippySkyBlue

Blackburn fans are up in arms and want Mowbray gone.
They also want Venus and Waggott gone amidst plans to sell off their training ground for housing and scrap their Cat 1 academy! Sound familiar!!??
They are calling then the "Coventry 3"
Massive questions around Mowbrays recruitment, particularly loans and his playing of players out of position.
Had two very young loans playing as back central two this evening who have apparently been struggling. Fans say team selection is like a literal lottery draw.
Just lost 5 in a row!..... fans are up in arms! ..... let's hope he's still in a job on Saturday morning! ....sounds dire what he's serving up on the pitch.
Yeah, hopefully playing them at the right time!

Londonccfcfan

Tbf. Max creates the chances for himself. Like the ones yesterday. But agreed he misses a fair few.

Grendel

He's not running around because he has been told to stay still.
His job is to score goals, not to battle for the ball.
That sitter was harder than it looked.

Etc etc.

Again, I'm not trying to say the two players are comparable, but the bias in some people is a bit silly because the same people then rip Max to bits. There isn't really any balance.

He didn’t miss a sitter - he does run and move - he’s job is a striker - as I’ve said before Linekar you would be saying exactly the same about

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He didn’t miss a sitter - he does run and move - he’s job is a striker - as I’ve said before Linekar you would be saying exactly the same about

In my opinion he missed a very good chance. Max missed two very good chances. McFadzean also missed a very good chance.

For some reason, there are people who agree with the latter two statements, but not the first. It is just a bit weird.

1614251733863.png

For someone who did nothing all game, according to his most avid supporters, he would in theory bury this chance. He didn't. The keeper was at sea, and even Robins said he should have done better.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

In my opinion he missed a very good chance. Max missed two very good chances. McFadzean also missed a very good chance.

For some reason, there are people who agree with the latter two statements, but not the first. It is just a bit weird.

View attachment 18868

For someone who did nothing all game, according to his most avid supporters, he would in theory bury this chance. He didn't. The keeper was at sea, and even Robins said he should have done better.
I thought he should have done better here. I think he was caught in two minds as to whether to control or volley

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes, Max misses loads of chances and it is really frustrating. I really don't understand the concept that If both players had an equal chance, one gets more criticism than the other.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yes, Max misses loads of chances and it is really frustrating. I really don't understand the concept that If both players had an equal chance, one gets more criticism than the other.
As I’ve said before - Walker doesn’t have 12 crap games before he has a good one. If max took chance now and then and put in performances like Brentford more often his bad games would be more tolerated

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

As I’ve said before - Walker doesn’t have 12 crap games before he has a good one. If max took chance now and then and put in performances like Brentford more often his bad games would be more tolerated

Yes, I agree with your point.

I think the consensus is that Biamou is not a first team player, but Walker very much is. Come next season I don't think the former will be playing much at all, but Walker will be. I'm not convinced on him at all, and I feel like people are comparing him to Biamou a bit too much and getting overexcited by it. I'm hoping he grows into it more, and as MR said, he is just back from a lay off so will take some time. I'm just not sure that actually any of our strikers currently on the books are really strong enough for a half-decent Championship team going forward. I think most Championship forwards would be dissapointed to miss that chance at the end, where as a lot of our supporters give him a pass where they wouldn't give one for Biamou.

Unpopular opinion I know, but I think we need a much deeper overhaul in the attacking department than some others think. It is just an opinion though.

Sick Boy

I think the consensus is that Biamou is not a first team player, but Walker very much is. Come next season I don't think the former will be playing much at all, but Walker will be. I'm not convinced on him at all, and I feel like people are comparing him to Biamou a bit too much and getting overexcited by it. I'm hoping he grows into it more, and as MR said, he is just back from a lay off so will take some time. I'm just not sure that actually any of our strikers currently on the books are really strong enough for a half-decent Championship team going forward. I think most Championship forwards would be dissapointed to miss that chance at the end, where as a lot of our supporters give him a pass where they wouldn't give one for Biamou.

Unpopular opinion I know, but I think we need a much deeper overhaul in the attacking department than some others think. It is just an opinion though.
Ideally Godden and Walker would be back-up strikers with a new couple of strikers coming in.

Frostie

View attachment 18868

You honestly think that's a "very good chance"? 😳
Dropping high out of the sky, over his shoulder for a volley on his weaker side from an acute angle!?

Biamou had 3 chances, all easier than that, yet he missed the lot, as he does most games, hence the comparison.

Yes, McFadzean's chance is probably the easiest of the lot but you don't really expect a centre back to be a better finisher than your centre forward do you?

Østigård & O'Hare have (rightly) been criticised when missing good chances, why does Biamou not deserve criticism?
He ranks 18th out of 21 for shot accuracy. For a striker that is appalling.

Paxman II

Did I not hear the commentator last night say Wilson's stats were among the highest of any keeper in europe since gettimg into the side?
he has been good tbf. All keepers will make mistakes in a game.
I can't say last night it was his fault. he was blocked and and was not helped by his own defenders crowding the line. Mcfaz was the main culprit here, he should have pushed away the defender but he got owned. It was a great ball in. Should Wilson have at least got a punch on it?

We did not lose becuase we gave a poor goal away when we had more of the game than Swansea. (56%) We lost becuase we were poor up front. A few half chances is all we had. And some poor decision making in the final third.

cc84cov

View attachment 18868

Have you ever played football ? That is not an easy chance at any level

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I would tend to agree with this. We do need a better version of Biamou, someone like Kiefer Moore mold.

shmmeee

I think you’re wrong and Walker is an excellent young Chanpionship level striker who we got for a steal.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You honestly think that's a "very good chance"? 😳
Dropping high out of the sky, over his shoulder for a volley on his weaker side from an acute angle!?

Biamou had 3 chances, all easier than that, yet he missed the lot, as he does most games, hence the comparison.

Yes, McFadzean's chance is probably the easiest of the lot but you don't really expect a centre back to be a better finisher than your centre forward do you?

Østigård & O'Hare have (rightly) been criticised when missing good chances, why does Biamou not deserve criticism?
He ranks 18th out of 21 for shot accuracy. For a striker that is appalling.

You have missed my point entirely, to go on the defence of Walker, which by definition proves my point.

I have repeatedly said Biamou should be criticised for missing his chances. They were bad attempts. Walker did a lot less in the game, which was put down to some ridiculous excuses such as lack of work effort due to being instructed to goal hang. Yet, his chance gets pardoned. It is bizarre.

cc84cov

You are trying to lecture me? Or has your eight your old got on the account again?

If you are interested, yes I have. I have also managed a team in Saturday league football.
You should know then getting a volley on target that’s dropping over your head on your weaker foot is never gonna be easy I’ve played academy level football before semi pro for southam trust me it’s hard doing that just stop beating around the bush and admit you don’t like walker 😆

cc84cov

Depends if you go for power or placement.
I don’t see how you can’t use anything else other than than using the laces to connect with it placement would be more inside of the foot making it ever harder to technically get it right bottom line that was never an easy chance

Frostie

You have missed my point entirely, to go on the defence of Walker, which by definition proves my point.

I have repeatedly said Biamou should be criticised for missing his chances. They were bad attempts. Walker did a lot less in the game, which was put down to some ridiculous excuses such as lack of work effort due to being instructed to goal hang. Yet, his chance gets pardoned. It is bizarre.

I don't think anybody is sure what point you're trying to make anymore.

Walker had one incredibly difficult chance, missed it. Biamou had 3 easier ones & missed them all no?

Both strikers were marshalled well by a team with the best defensive record in the country. Guehi, probably the best centre back in the league, did a great job on Walker. It happens.
Equally we did a good job on Ayew. Is he shit too?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You should know then getting a volley on target that’s dropping over your head on your weaker foot is never gonna be easy I’ve played academy level football before semi pro for southam trust me it’s hard doing that just stop beating around the bush and admit you don’t like walker 😆

I've also played semi-pro, and frankly I don't care if you played for Real Madrid. Even at that level I have seen players make more out of less. It is largely down to the rate of consistency players can pull it off, and in the championship sometimes those chances are all you are going to get.

I'm not saying it should be a certain goal, I am saying he should have done better if people are holding players to the same standard. He is getting a free pass because some people don't like Max. Walker is better than Max, but I feel as if some are seeing Messi because they are used to seeing Johan Elmander. He did fuck all against Swansea and many people refuse to admit it.

cc84cov

I've also played semi-pro, and frankly I don't care if you played for Real Madrid. Even at that level I have seen players make more out of less. It is largely down to the rate of consistency players can pull it off, and in the championship sometimes those chances are all you are going to get.

I'm not saying it should be a certain goal, I am saying he should have done better if people are holding players to the same standard. He is getting a free pass because some people don't like Max. Walker is better than Max, but I feel as if some are seeing Messi because they are used to seeing Johan Elmander. He did fuck all against Swansea and many people refuse to admit it.
He gets defended as we all know with service he will score goals we’ve seen it last nights chance that max had walker scores every time you just have to look at walkers goals to see he thrives off service not scraps and high balls

shmmeee

Walker is also playing his what? Second game back from long term injury?

cc84cov

I don't think anybody is sure what point you're trying to make anymore.

Walker had one incredibly difficult chance, missed it. Biamou had 3 easier ones & missed them all no?

Both strikers were marshalled well by a team with the best defensive record in the country. Guehi, probably the best centre back in the league, did a great job on Walker. It happens.
Equally we did a good job on Ayew. Is he shit too?
Walkers job as a target man receiving balls back to goal is still a learning curve for him on the job I like him as I know with service he will score plenty

capel & collindridge

league goals
Clarke Harris 72
Walker - 53
Biamou - 12

that’s the observation
League Goals?? Why should we bother to count games against Leagues One and Two?

The figures for the Championship are:

Clark-Harris - 9
Walker - 10
Biamou - 3

The difference is largely because because Biamou has only played 23 Championship games. So he's on course for 6 goals in a full 46 game season. And he's played them this season.

Clark-Harris has played 57 Championship games. That's 7 goals in a full season. And he last played in the Championship four seasons ago in 2016-17.

Tyler Walker has played 63 Championship games. Also equivalent to 7 goals in a full season and like Biamou is a current Championship player.

There's no doubt that Biamou's Championship goal-scoring record is slightly worse - 6 goals a season rather than 7 - but he contributes in other ways too. And he keeps improving.

So who knows how things will turn out by the end of the season?

Users who are viewing this thread