Supporters' group tells Coventry City FC owners to clarify stadium plans (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
A propros "speaks", has SISU clarified the Les Reid scoop? Will we be getting a stadium with 365 days revenues at the Butts? What will be the capacity and how much will we be paying the SISU Propco? Genuinely would like to know.....

Have many on here believed the butts stuff or have they talked in a "what if" scenario?

letsallsingtogether

The only "fact" is that Anne Lucas stated that this was a reason for not selling ACL to sisu. It actually, if true, would make Tony look silly as it acknowledges an offer was made.

Lucas says many many things that have been proven untrue - and that's not even just regarding this particular dispute. Look at her anti mayor stance that's now changed over-night.

So there is no evidence at all that this was an issue. Indeed there is a quote somewhere from Tim "always tells the truth" Fisher that a 125 year lease was "as good as" the freehold.

As for "the letter" it on a link from another thread that was posted in the last month. As it makes grim reading for the council and the CET I am frankly amazed that a man who "only wants the truth" hasn't read every page of it so it can confirm their balanced viewpoint.

Actually no - I am not surprised at all.
Your right about the Quote by Tim unfortunately it was not him that needed convincing?

Philosorapter

Have many on here believed the butts stuff or have they talked in a "what if" scenario?

Bargaining position on costs at the Ricoh.

Still think it is far from sorted. Would of thought whoever is financing this at Wasps are taking a huge financial hit. Not convinced of this bond issue from Wasp fans seeing how many of them have made the trip from their home down south to Coventry. Not getting a naming sponsor so far on the stadium must also be biting at their purse strings. Crowds dwindling whilst an upsurge going on with CCFC. Obvious advertising campaign going on by Wasps must be costing a bomb as well. Seems a perfect strategy for SISU to keep the fans on board saying we're moving to the Butts, not out of Coventry. No need to put pressure on the council anymore to say they are moving out of Coventry. Could be the fans base have finally become part of a strategy for SISU concerning the Ricoh.

Just wonder how much clout Land Rover will have in all this. Got to be favourite for the naming of the stadium. We do need a decent train service on the line as well.

Call me a cynic but hell, its been a great season so far in the third tier. Couldn't ask any more from the football club.

#PUSB

Last edited:

Astute

Lol. The council speaks - "astute" believes.

So I am never to believe a single word from CCC or Fisher?

Yes both of them have been untruthful at times. We all know that. You must have taught them well.

Astute

I now come on here to stop the likes of yourself diverting the attention away from our owners. I suggest you look at who starts the threads in the Wasps sub forum if you want to know who wants to talk about Wasps. Or try looking at threads on here and see who's first to bring Wasps up. Page 1 on this very thread would be a good starting point, try post #2.

As for never saying a bad word about Wasps or CCC the first time you accused me of that I pointed out that I had in fact said it twice already in the very same thread. You made yourself look a right prick. I even got a couple of likes of posters who never give me likes. So keep saying it. You already know it isn't true, I don't care but torch is apparently impressed other than that it's hard to see what you gain from saying it.

We should be looking at what has gone wrong from all sides. And trying to work out what is presently going on. We can't trust any of them to tell us the truth so we have to look at the facts (we also have to work out what are the facts).

The best thing that could have happened this season has happened. We are looking like promotion candidates. We have something to cheer about for once. And this has taken a lot of negativity away from SISU as they can be seen to have done the right thing. So now we can look more at the long term instead of worrying about another relegation.

The vast majority on here are more neutral than some would like you to believe. But when someone always attacks either CCC or SISU there will be disagreements caused. No need to name anyone as we all know who it is that leans too much to one side.

Sick Boy

I now come on here to stop the likes of yourself diverting the attention away from our owners. I suggest you look at who starts the threads in the Wasps sub forum if you want to know who wants to talk about Wasps. Or try looking at threads on here and see who's first to bring Wasps up. Page 1 on this very thread would be a good starting point, try post #2.

As for never saying a bad word about Wasps or CCC the first time you accused me of that I pointed out that I had in fact said it twice already in the very same thread. You made yourself look a right prick. I even got a couple of likes of posters who never give me likes. So keep saying it. You already know it isn't true, I don't care but torch is apparently impressed other than that it's hard to see what you gain from saying it.

I have always maintained that we need new owners. The notion that people support sisu on this forum is a lie to justify diverting attention away from the franchise and the council.

The only thing you do on here is look like a fool.

You got a couple of likes from people who don't normally give you them likes? How old are you? 10?

Skyblueweeman

Would anyone care to summarise circa 1,000 posts for me as I can't be arsed to read it all? Is a 'Grendel vs' thread (as per) or is there any substance or something new that's been brought to the table?

Cheers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

To get a better idea you would be best to look at people's posting history.

Surely you come on here to discuss ccfc? Why would somebody just come on here for that reason? That sounds like a reason for somebody from a pr company, not a city fan.

skybluetony176

I have always maintained that we need new owners. The notion that people support sisu on this forum is a lie to justify diverting attention away from the franchise and the council.

You got a couple of likes from people who don't normally give you them likes? How old are you? 10?

At least one year older than someone who keeps repeating something that they know is an untruth fishing for likes. Like I said. Keep saying it, I know it isn't true. I've pointed that out to you at least twice in the last week and many times before. I don't care that you post it because you make yourself look a prick every time you do.

skybluetony176

To get a better idea you would be best to look at people's posting history.

Surely you come on here to discuss ccfc? Why would somebody just come on here for that reason? That sounds like a reason for somebody from a pr company, not a city fan.

No, you look at the people who step between the cracks and hide in the shadows. I've told you many times I've only stopped posting on the football related threads because I can't take the site seriously any more as a football site.

This thread being a perfect example. Started in the CCFC talk section under the guise of a CCFC thread and then promptly diverted into a Wasps thread. Look at who starts the Wasps threads in the Wasps sub forum. Why do we even have a wasps sub forum? Answer, because the people who start the threads clearly want to talk about Wasps, the same posters don't want to talk about CCFC's owners and divert any attention pointed at them to (wait for it) wasps. Again, this thread being the perfect example.

Your right though. Posting history tells alot, you only pick up on mine which is unnecessary as I perfectly up front why I NOW come on here these days. Not always been on here for that reason, that's been reactive not proactive. I never set out to do it.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No, you look at the people who step between the cracks and hide in the shadows. I've told you many times I've only stopped posting on the football related threads because I can't take the site seriously any more as a football site.

This thread being a perfect example. Started in the CCFC talk section under the guise of a CCFC thread and then promptly diverted into a Wasps thread. Look at who starts the Wasps threads in the Wasps sub forum. Why do we even have a wasps sub forum? Answer, because the people who start the threads clearly want to talk about Wasps, the same posters don't want to talk about CCFC's owners and divert any attention pointed at them to (wait for it) wasps. Again, this thread being the perfect example.

Your right though. Posting history tells alot, you only pick up on mine which is unnecessary as I perfectly up front why I now come on here these days. Not always been on here for that reason, that's been reactive not proactive. I never set out to do it.

There's lots of people who solely talk about football, match threads, players etc.

It wasn't promptly diverted into a wasps thread was it? Read the history of the articles. It always involved wasps, it wasn't being diverted to them. The second line in the article puts it about them.

You now admit you only come on here to keep the attention on sisu and not let anyone else be discussed. Why would you do that? What Will that achieve?

I only pick up on yours because you are pretty much the only one who does it, The self proclaimed person to keep the attention on sisu and nobody else. Are you after a job at ws or cet?

Do you mean the same posters who posted about wasps who are in every match thread, player thread and football related discussion on here as well as wasps?

martcov

So, to sum up. Les Reid got a scoop from "sources". RobS says it's true because the "sources" are annoyed that it came out. The club neither confirms nor denies the "scoop". Some talk about a "tight" stadium in Cov. Others point out that it is nigh impossible to have a decent sized stadium at the Butts. Hardly anyone believes the scoop. Many think the whole thing is just another PR decoy. ( Including me ). It must seem strange to an outsider that we are discussing a non-existent stadium. Maybe we could call on the expertise of the stadium group under Garlick to discuss the curtain colours and seat colours? Let's see what Les comes out with this week. Thank god there is a match on TV on Sunday.

Sick Boy

At least one year older than someone who keeps repeating something that they know is an untruth fishing for likes. Like I said. Keep saying it, I know it isn't true. I've pointed that out to you at least twice in the last week and many times before. I don't care that you post it because you make yourself look a prick every time you do.

You are tedious troll who has previously admitted to coming on here to wind people up. You don't even know who our players are.

skybluetony176

There's lots of people who solely talk about football, match threads, players etc.

It wasn't promptly diverted into a wasps thread was it? Read the history of the articles. It always involved wasps, it wasn't being diverted to them. The second line in the article puts it about them.

You now admit you only come on here to keep the attention on sisu and not let anyone else be discussed. Why would you do that? What Will that achieve?

I only pick up on yours because you are pretty much the only one who does it, The self proclaimed person to keep the attention on sisu and nobody else. Are you after a job at ws or cet?

Do you mean the same posters who posted about wasps who are in every match thread, player thread and football related discussion on here as well as wasps?

The article mentions Wasps once in the background story as to why the Trust is concerned about the academies future. The article wouldn't have made sense if it didn't and yes the thread was promptly directed at Wasps. It's all in your posting history, post #2 on this thread.

At least I'm big enough to put my hands up to my motivations, you clearly started this thread with one motivation and it wasn't to talk about the academy or CCFC. Indeed after FP pointed out (on topic) that the trust are right to voice this concern you briefly agree and then in your very next post you diverted it back to Wasps. It's all there on page one to see. In fact have you actually made another post on this thread about the risk of losing the academy facilities and therefore losing the academy status? I doubt it.

So like you said posting history tells alot as does the threads you start and on which section you start them. How many threads have you started on the Wasps sub forum now?

Sick Boy

Hahaha this is hilarious. Last time you posted you made yourself look like a fool when you didn't even know who plays for us.

Your attempts at portraying yourself as some sort of voice of reason or marta are even better hahahahha

Nick

Administrator
The article mentions Wasps once in the background story as to why the Trust is concerned about the academies future. The article wouldn't have made sense if it didn't and yes the thread was promptly directed at Wasps. It's all in your posting history, post #2 on this thread.

At least I'm big enough to put my hands up to my motivations, you clearly started this thread with one motivation and it wasn't to talk about the academy or CCFC. Indeed after FP pointed out (on topic) that the trust are right to voice this concern you briefly agree and then in your very next post you diverted it back to Wasps. It's all there on page one to see. In fact have you actually made another post on this thread about the risk of losing the academy facilities and therefore losing the academy status? I doubt it.

So like you said posting history tells alot as does the threads you start and on which section you start them. How many threads have you started on the Wasps sub forum now?

How many posts do I.post about games and our players? How often do I post about matches I'm at?

My motivation to come on here is as a city fan. Not running some sort of pr campaign, if that's your motivation and reason for coming on here then I.suggest you don't bother. This is a forum for city fans, not pr teams.

martcov

How many posts do I.post about games and our players? How often do I post about matches I'm at?

My motivation to come on here is as a city fan. Not running some sort of pr campaign, if that's your motivation and reason for coming on here then I.suggest you don't bother. This is a forum for city fans, not pr teams.

I would not stick my neck out about PR teams. .... ;-)

italiahorse

Why do we need to keep bringing up the council, they are out of it now?
If Sisu say they want to build in Coventry then they are back in.
Wasps will be here for a few years to come, even if they fail, so we won't be affecting them.

You can keep moaning about both but it does not move things on.

Sisu are the ones we need to get too as they are messing with our future.

It seems to me that this forum is letting them get away with murder, just because the team are doing well.
In reality it's a short term vision as behind the scenes our future is ebbing away.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps will be here for a few years to come, even if they fail, so we won't be affecting them.

It seems to me that this forum is letting them get away with murder, just because the team are doing well.
In reality it's a short term vision as behind the scenes our future is ebbing away.

Ok, so nobody will ever mention us playing at Northampton again?

It seems to me you don't like that not everybody gets wound up when you try to get war cries going, rather than letting people get away with murder. The same people you were telling everybody to support in the same way you are trying to tell them not to let them get away with murder.

SkyBlueZack

Ebbing away? We're second in the league with a good manager in charge and a very good squad at this level. Albeit some are loan players but there is still a foundation of which to build from. We still have cat 2 academy status. Neither the club nor the Higgs centre themselves have come out and officially said the rolling contract will be terminated. We currently have a rent deal which allows us to be competitive at this level but will need to be readdressed when we get promoted. We're currently being run at break even. I wouldn't call all that 'our future ebbing away'. I think you're being a bit melodramatic and trying to stoke fires you shouldn't be. Like it or not Wasps will always be mentioned in certain threads, certainly regarding our future as they to some extent have our future in their hands, which is down to the council. So they will too be mentioned. It's unfortunate that we can't just talk about football and only have owners, managers or players to blame but it's the situation we're in.

Moff

Why do we need to keep bringing up the council, they are out of it now?.

Is that the same Council that own the freehold of the Ricoh, you know the Stadium you want us to commit to for ever and a day.

Is that the very same council who if the Club ever, and I say that with wishful thinking, decide to build their own stadium, could agree or veto a new stadium within the city boundaries if the club applied to build one there.

Last edited:

Moff

Would anyone care to summarise circa 1,000 posts for me as I can't be arsed to read it all? Is a 'Grendel vs' thread (as per) or is there any substance or something new that's been brought to the table?

Cheers...

Yadda, yadda, argue, argue, opinion as fact, opinion as fact, its not a fact, not a fact, argue, yadda, argue, yadda, no one knows the truth but we will continue to argue as everyone thinks they know better, argue, yadda.

I hope that helps ;)

tisza

Cheers...

nothing new. same people arguing about the same things that they've argued about once or twice a month for the past 2/3 years.
we'd been doing so well it seemed as the last couple of months seemed to be just about the football but all good things must come to an end.

Nick

Administrator
nothing new. same people arguing about the same things that they've argued about once or twice a month for the past 2/3 years.
we'd been doing so well it seemed as the last couple of months seemed to be just about the football but all good things must come to an end.

It will all be about the football come Sunday, and hopefully good too!

Captain Dart

Is that the same Council that own the freehold of the Ricoh, you know the Stadium you want us to commit to for ever and a day.

Is that the very same council who if the Club ever, and I say that with wishful thinking, decide to build their own stadium, could agree or veto a new stadium within the city boundaries if the club applied to build one there.

Not possible, the planning regulations must be followed, they can object but reasons must be provided & it would be possible to appeal, up to the secretary of state, as in fact the guy who wanted to develop Baginton Airport did, but the fat boy rejected it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-31454138

Skyblueweeman

Cheers Moff/Tisza. I can sunbathe in peace now. ***Waiter....another Pina Colada please, it's all good***

Sick Boy

Ebbing away? We're second in the league with a good manager in charge and a very good squad at this level. Albeit some are loan players but there is still a foundation of which to build from. We still have cat 2 academy status. Neither the club nor the Higgs centre themselves have come out and officially said the rolling contract will be terminated. We currently have a rent deal which allows us to be competitive at this level but will need to be readdressed when we get promoted. We're currently being run at break even. I wouldn't call all that 'our future ebbing away'. I think you're being a bit melodramatic and trying to stoke fires you shouldn't be. Like it or not Wasps will always be mentioned in certain threads, certainly regarding our future as they to some extent have our future in their hands, which is down to the council. So they will too be mentioned. It's unfortunate that we can't just talk about football and only have owners, managers or players to blame but it's the situation we're in.

Many stated that our top flight achievements were good enough seem to think we'd have been better of getting promotion in the lower leagues.

I expect these posters will be hailing sisu as our greatest ever owners after breaking our record of not finishing the top 6 for 1000 years?

Sick Boy

Fully agree with the sentiment, sadly the telegraph seems to like offering negative news that never comes to anything.

italiahorse

Ok, so nobody will ever mention us playing at Northampton again?

It seems to me you don't like that not everybody gets wound up when you try to get war cries going, rather than letting people get away with murder. The same people you were telling everybody to support in the same way you are trying to tell them not to let them get away with murder.

So don't upset Sisu just enjoy the football?
We can do both surely ?

We have lost the Ricoh because Sisu said they are building elsewhere.
We 'may' loose the academy because they are building elsewhere.
We may get a poor deal with Wasps because we are only here for a few years and there is JR2 in the pipeline that brings in Wasps.
The Ricoh is being developed without our input because we are going elsewhere.

Sisu show us some evidence of the new stadium and if we like what we see we can get behind you.

Nick

Administrator
So don't upset Sisu just enjoy the football?
We can do both surely ?

We have lost the Ricoh because Sisu said they are building elsewhere.
We 'may' loose the academy because they are building elsewhere.
We may get a poor deal with Wasps because we are only here for a few years and there is JR2 in the pipeline that brings in Wasps.
The Ricoh is being developed without our input because we are going elsewhere.

Sisu show us some evidence of the new stadium and if we like what we see we can get behind you.
I don't know if I could do both and sweep stuff other parties have done under the carpet at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread