Supporters' group tells Coventry City FC owners to clarify stadium plans (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

I don't know if I could do both and sweep stuff other parties have done under the carpet at the same time?

Your dwelling on stuff in the past. That will come out in time but our situation will not change from it.
It's the future we want to know about.

Moff

Not possible, the planning regulations must be followed, they can object but reasons must be provided & it would be possible to appeal, up to the secretary of state, as in fact the guy who wanted to develop Baginton Airport did, but the fat boy rejected it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-31454138

It is possible, they have the power to accept or reject, based on the planning application and planning regs. Which is exactly what I said, and what you have said. One in layman's terms, one more specific. When I said veto, I did mean according to Planning regs.

Having worked in planning a number of years ago, I am aware of how the system works.

SkyBlueZack

We could sign a 250 year contract with Wasps and they would still develop the Ricoh without our input as A, they own it and B, they wish to maximise their brand. You know this though. SISU also initially said build a ground then changed to own a ground, it's posturing. Again, you know this. We may get a poor deal from Wasps because they need all the money they can get, irrelevent of JR2. You're right though and no one disagrees. SISU need to provide us with a clear plan and direction. At the same time they are within their rights to stay quiet and see how things pan out for the rest of the season. We will be in championship come next season, which will alter the landscape. You may not be happy that SISU are not falling over themselves to get into bed with an out of town franchise but I'm ok with it for the time being. I'm happy to see how things go, not make any hasty decisions. You know, like selling HR. Or selling your half share in Higgs for 6m yet being expected to pay 10m back for it. I just think we're in a good place at the minute on the pitch, let's just focus on that for the time being. Heck, let's make Wasps sweat. Land Rover seem to be......:whistle:

Moff

Your dwelling on stuff in the past. That will come out in time but our situation will not change from it.
It's the future we want to know about.

I take it if we dont dwell on the past you would welcome forgiveness of SISU for all their misdeeds then and to forget about it all? ;)

italiahorse

I take it if we dont dwell on the past you would welcome forgiveness of SISU for all their misdeeds then and to forget about it all? ;)

I can forgive anybody including Sisu, but they need to win my trust back.
If they sack that arrogant Tim Fisher that would be a good start.

skyblueinBaku

I can forgive anybody including Sisu, but they need to win my trust back.
If they sack that arrogant Tim Fisher that would be a good start.

Sounds good to me.

Captain Dart

It is possible, they have the power to accept or reject, based on the planning application and planning regs. Which is exactly what I said, and what you have said. One in layman's terms, one more specific. When I said veto, I did mean according to Planning regs.

Having worked in planning a number of years ago, I am aware of how the system works.

No you implied that the local authority could override planning regs, they can't.

veto

noun: veto; plural noun: vetoes

• 1. a constitutional right to reject a decision or proposal made by a lawmaking body.
    "neither state was given a veto over amendments to the Act"

Moff

No you implied that the local authority could override planning regs, they can't.

No I didnt.

I was referring to the right of the council to turn down a planning application, based on the advice of the Planning department.

If you want to be petty and small minded to try to prove a point, regarding my choice of words then well done I hope you feel better.

Captain Dart

No I didnt.

I was referring to the right of the council to turn down a planning application, based on the advice of the Planning department.

If you want to be petty and small minded to try to prove a point, regarding my choice of words then well done I hope you feel better.

Don't think I was being petty at all, merely making a point, this is being petty & small minded..
Tony officially one of Italias disciples..
You think? In other words made up bollocks.
Why do you have a picture of Anne Lucas as your Avatar?

See the difference?

Moff

Don't think I was being petty at all, merely making a point, this is being petty & small minded..

See the difference?

Yes I can see the difference.

You were merely making a point by playing on single word, when it clearly wasnt what I meant. That is also petty and small minded in my opinion, not in yours. Well done you.

Grendel

See the difference?

Yep. I see a difference. I see one poster defending he club and the other slavishly towing the council line.

Don't be too offended about the Lucas remark. No amount of air brushing would make her look that good.

Astute

Yep. I see a difference. I see one poster defending he club and the other slavishly towing the council line.

Don't be too offended about the Lucas remark. No amount of air brushing would make her look that good.

Who is defending our club?

You don't defend our club. You just attack CCC. You defended Richardson after everything he has done to our club and us. That tells me that you are more interested in attacking CCC than what is best for CCFC.

Sick Boy

You don't defend our club. You just attack CCC. You defended Richardson after everything he has done to our club and us. That tells me that you are more interested in attacking CCC than what is best for CCFC.

A number of posters defend the club and I consider myself one of them. It comes across as though some want the club to simply roll over and be treated second rate.

The club's long-term future has been under threat by both sisu's long term management and behaviour from from the other parties.

Sisu are going to be gone one day but being a tenant to an out of town rugby club for potentially the foreseeable future isn't.

Why accept their attempts at making us the 2nd team in city and complete disregard for the city's current rugby team? Any reasonable supporter should never accept that.

We are the biggest club in the city and always will be buthe it's naive to accept a franchise come in and to take that away? They are probably annoyed we are doing so well as it further diminishes their chances of picking up support and attention.

Grendel

Your obsession with Richardson is just odd. Are you on some kind of bet that you mention him in every thread?

letsallsingtogether

A number of posters defend the club and I consider myself one of them. It comes across as though some want the club to simply roll over and be treated second rate.

The club's long-term future has been under threat by both sisu's long term management and behaviour from from the other parties.

Sisu are going to be gone one day but being a tenant to an out of town rugby club for potentially the foreseeable future isn't.

Why accept their attempts at making us the 2nd team in city and complete disregard for the city's current rugby team? Any reasonable supporter should never accept that.

We are the biggest club in the city and always will be buthe it's naive to accept a franchise come in and to take that away? They are probably annoyed we are doing so well as it further diminishes their chances of picking up support and attention.

Utter Bollox so because we dont see it with sisu tinted glasses we are against the club.

Why are we the second team in the City have Cov Utd jumped above us in the leagues?

Sick Boy

How is that in in anyway written with 'sisu tinted glasses'.

I thought it was pretty obvious I meant sports team.

Astute

Your obsession with Richardson is just odd. Are you on some kind of bet that you mention him in every thread?

I wonder how many people think it is odd that you defend Richardsons actions that put our football club in so much debt and sold our ground.

Grendel

I wonder how many people think it is odd that you defend Richardsons actions that put our football club in so much debt and sold our ground.

Less than you want judging by the thread we had on the topic

Like it or not we would be better off if he'd stayed and robinsons puppet had not been appointed.

Astute

Less than you want judging by the thread we had on the topic

Like it or not we would be better off if he'd stayed and robinsons puppet had not been appointed.

You even tried to defend him on this thread.

Yes CCC have acted like a bunch of cunts. And SISU have been no better. But both only got involved because of Richardsons actions. We were at least 30m in debt and losing at least 1/2m a month when he sold HR. Yet you try and say he is innocent of all charges.

Grendel

You even tried to defend him on this thread.

Yes CCC have acted like a bunch of cunts. And SISU have been no better. But both only got involved because of Richardsons actions. We were at least 30m in debt and losing at least 1/2m a month when he sold HR. Yet you try and say he is innocent of all charges.

No I'm saying if he'd stayed we would have been debt free at a stroke and either still at Highfield Road or at the Ricoh with us in the driving seat.

If you have the courage of your convictions do a poll -.who was better for the club Bryan Richardson or Mike Mcginity and see what the outcome is.

italiahorse

Nobodies defending Wasps.
What I'm saying is Sisu have gambled with our club and lost our prize asset, maybe for ever.
If Wasps fail it will because they have also gambled and lost but IMHO they had nothing to loose.

Slagging off Wasps and CCC, will make us feel better, but it will not change anything.
We need now to look at where we go from here and try and influence any areas we can.

Sisu hold the cards but we should be worried we can't see what they are.
I guess we should be reassured that we appear to be able to use the Ricoh until a new stadium is built (or not).

I don't believe that Sisu plan to build a new stadium and if they did I don't believe for many reasons that it will be what we want.

So, I want Sisu to commit to the Ricoh for a period of 10 years and get the best deal they can from Wasps.
I want Sisu to get the legals out the way so we can call the stadium our home until other options become available.
I want Sisu not to pull the plug in January and continue the good work that has got us in a position that should end in promotion.
I want Wasps to take us on board and wait until the legals are out of the way before they make any big decisions at the Ricoh.
I want Wasps to allow us to personalise areas of the stadium once we have committed to a long term deal.

I just want get back to how I was when CCFC were just my football team playing in our stadium and I didn't care about who owned the stadium or who paid the bills.

Astute

No I'm saying if he'd stayed we would have been debt free at a stroke and either still at Highfield Road or at the Ricoh with us in the driving seat.

If you have the courage of your convictions do a poll -.who was better for the club Bryan Richardson or Mike Mcginity and see what the outcome is.

You previously have said that our problems are not the fault of Richardson. He started our downfall and every one that has followed him has been firefighting without any water.

Try a poll then. Add everyone who could be seen as liable for what has happened to our club. I would be very surprised if there was enough CCC or SISU haters that wouldn't know what has gone on.

Grendel

You previously have said that our problems are not the fault of Richardson. He started our downfall and every one that has followed him has been firefighting without any water.

Try a poll then. Add everyone who could be seen as liable for what has happened to our club. I would be very surprised if there was enough CCC or SISU haters that wouldn't know what has gone on.

But you do not know what went on - you think he sold the rights to Highfield Road. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread