Supporters' group tells Coventry City FC owners to clarify stadium plans (2 Viewers)

Astute

i find that a depressing point of view in that you don't think it likely that we would have taken steps to secure a long-term home for the club by then.

We were told that we would see plans for a new stadium in 3 weeks. We have seen or heard nothing 2 years later. The bond needs to have been paid back in 6 1/2 years. Just 3 times the amount we have waited for something that was going to happen in 3 weeks.

Can anyone see SISU building a stadium? Can anyone see them leaving our club without making some money back in some way?

italiahorse

Lucas went to London as part of the PR war to "get" Seppella. She's not very bright but clearly bright enough to fool the likes of you and Italia.

Doesn't say much then for some of the people on this board that respond to reasoned argument with swearing and abuse !!
Makes Tony and myself shine.

Again fag packet politics and no references.
As for Ann, she certainly won the Lucas/Seppella battle. Sisu are small fry compared to her.:whistle:

Nick

Administrator
Doesn't say much then for some of the people on this board that respond to reasoned argument with swearing and abuse !!
Makes Tony and myself shine.

Again fag packet politics and no references.
As for Ann, she certainly won the Lucas/Seppella battle. Sisu are small fry compared to her.:whistle:
There are references to that aren't there?

torchomatic

We were told that we would see plans for a new stadium in 3 weeks. We have seen or heard nothing 2 years later. The bond needs to have been paid back in 6 1/2 years. Just 3 times the amount we have waited for something that was going to happen in 3 weeks.

Can anyone see SISU building a stadium? Can anyone see them leaving our club without making some money back in some way?

We were told that a sports team should not be ripped from its community. We were told SISU shouldn't, couldn't and wouldn't have the Arena as they would borrow against it.

We were told a lot of things by all sides. Most of it downright lies.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

martcov

Lucas went to London as part of the PR war to "get" Seppella. She's not very bright but clearly bright enough to fool the likes of you and Italia.

I am getting confused now. Did she actually go to London? ML wanted her to, but didn't someone say she decided not to go? When did she go, if she did go? What was the result of the meeting?

martcov

We were told that a sports team should not be ripped from its community. We were told SISU shouldn't, couldn't and wouldn't have the Arena as they would borrow against it.

The story was the "unencumbered feehold was not for sale".

torchomatic

I think you need to read what Mr Mutton said.

Astute

I agree. But what has this got to do within the context of the reply I was giving? :)

Grendel

Well Martcov at least you acknowledge it was a story and not a fact.

torchomatic

Not sure why Tony, Mart are posting so much here. They got the result they wanted; No CCFC owned Ricoh.

Grendel

So what was the fact in your eyes?

And where is that letter you said about?

The only "fact" is that Anne Lucas stated that this was a reason for not selling ACL to sisu. It actually, if true, would make Tony look silly as it acknowledges an offer was made.

Lucas says many many things that have been proven untrue - and that's not even just regarding this particular dispute. Look at her anti mayor stance that's now changed over-night.

So there is no evidence at all that this was an issue. Indeed there is a quote somewhere from Tim "always tells the truth" Fisher that a 125 year lease was "as good as" the freehold.

As for "the letter" it on a link from another thread that was posted in the last month. As it makes grim reading for the council and the CET I am frankly amazed that a man who "only wants the truth" hasn't read every page of it so it can confirm their balanced viewpoint.

Actually no - I am not surprised at all.

Sick Boy

God this is tedious. Even if both the council and the franchise admitted wrongdoing, their trusty troops would still camber round trying to find excuses.

Sick Boy

How did you come to that conclusion? It clearly wasn't by using your brain of by quoting me.

You come on this forum to dicuss Wasps and to deflect criticism away from the council.

How about expressing something positive about out club? Or perhaps indicating that both the council and sisu messed us about? I don't believe you have ever said a bad word against them?

Astute

The only "fact" is that Anne Lucas stated that this was a reason for not selling ACL to sisu. It actually, if true, would make Tony look silly as it acknowledges an offer was made.

Lucas says many many things that have been proven untrue - and that's not even just regarding this particular dispute. Look at her anti mayor stance that's now changed over-night.

So there is no evidence at all that this was an issue. Indeed there is a quote somewhere from Tim "always tells the truth" Fisher that a 125 year lease was "as good as" the freehold.

As for "the letter" it on a link from another thread that was posted in the last month. As it makes grim reading for the council and the CET I am frankly amazed that a man who "only wants the truth" hasn't read every page of it so it can confirm their balanced viewpoint.

Actually no - I am not surprised at all.

Local authorities rarely let freeholds go. Joy will have known this. Unencumbered freehold an offer?

I have never said that CCC have been truthful or have said they have done the right thing. You would find the opposite to this but it wouldn't go with your agenda.

Tim the truth Fisher? Just like I said you would bring up earlier in this thread.

Have not read any such letter. So how am I supposed to know what was in it?

I certainly have a more balanced view than yourself. All you ever do is attack anyone that doesn't have a go at CCC or anyone involved with them. But you defend everyone else. You even tried to defend Richardson on this thread as you usually do.

torchomatic

How did you come to that conclusion? It clearly wasn't by using your brain of by quoting me.
Your posting history.

covmark

dsb1.gif

Noggin

Without wanting to be the annoying ex smoker, once you stop feeling you need to correct anyone whose wrong on the internet you'll be happier and have more free time, this is especially the case when you've already told them they are wrong 83 times before over 3 years and they similar to you.

martcov

Not sure why Tony, Mart are posting so much here. They got the result they wanted; No CCFC owned Ricoh.

People talk about facts on here. Obviously there not enough of them though, because you seem to like making up new 'facts'. I wasn't in charge of stadium negotiations so don't give me the 'credit' for fucking them up so much to get the result " no CCFC owned Ricoh". I want a stadium in Cov with 365 income sources and a capacity high enough fo a successful Premiere League Club. The Ricoh fits the bill. Why would I want to achieve the situation which SISU have got us into?

torchomatic

People talk about facts on here. Obviously there not enough of them though, because you seem to like making up new 'facts'. I wasn't in charge of stadium negotiations so don't give me the 'credit' for fucking them up so much to get the result " no CCFC owned Ricoh". I want a stadium in Cov with 365 income sources and a capacity high enough fo a successful Premiere League Club. The Ricoh fits the bill. Why would I want to achieve the situation which SISU have got us into?
It's not just SISU.

Well at least you admit we need 365 revenue. It's a fact that's usually denied.

James Smith

One person is not the council.
Reference ?
Basically I said SISU is not a fit and proper organization and 50% should not be sold to it. However, I did suggest a rent reduction would be acceptable. John Mutton's reply to my email:-

" Thanks for your feedback Keith. Your views are entirely in line with my own, however, as leader of the Council I have to explore all possibilities that may be available including bringing in new investors or new owners. That does not mean I would ever allow SISU to be able to use the Ricoh as collateral to be able to borrow against it then disappear"

In short, f**k off SISU, we know what your game is !

He sent that to everyone.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/17230-Reply-from-John-Mutton

martcov

It's not just SISU.

Well at least you admit we need 365 revenue. It's a fact that's usually denied.

Who denies it? I have always asked what are the proposed 365 revenues are and how much will we have to pay the SISU investors or Propco for them when the new stadium comes ( or rather should it ever come ). Asking these questions is probably one of the differences in our thinking. Some people just say " 365 days " and don't go any further into details.

skybluetony176

You come on this forum to dicuss Wasps and to deflect criticism away from the council.

How about expressing something positive about out club? Or perhaps indicating that both the council and sisu messed us about? I don't believe you have ever said a bad word against them?

I now come on here to stop the likes of yourself diverting the attention away from our owners. I suggest you look at who starts the threads in the Wasps sub forum if you want to know who wants to talk about Wasps. Or try looking at threads on here and see who's first to bring Wasps up. Page 1 on this very thread would be a good starting point, try post #2.

As for never saying a bad word about Wasps or CCC the first time you accused me of that I pointed out that I had in fact said it twice already in the very same thread. You made yourself look a right prick. I even got a couple of likes of posters who never give me likes. So keep saying it. You already know it isn't true, I don't care but torch is apparently impressed other than that it's hard to see what you gain from saying it.

Haigha

Nick

Administrator
Without wanting to be the annoying ex smoker, once you stop feeling you need to correct anyone whose wrong on the internet you'll be happier and have more free time, this is especially the case when you've already told them they are wrong 83 times before over 3 years and they similar to you.
You are wrong......

lifeskyblue

8 days...nearly a thousand posts....and still the waters surrounding SISU, CCC, wasps, the 'new' stadium are as muddy as ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

Grendel

Small parts of land. No major assets. And this has been brought on because of the government cuts.

Lol. The council speaks - "astute" believes.

martcov

Lol. The council speaks - "astute" believes.

A propros "speaks", has SISU clarified the Les Reid scoop? Will we be getting a stadium with 365 days revenues at the Butts? What will be the capacity and how much will we be paying the SISU Propco? Genuinely would like to know.....

Users who are viewing this thread