Supporters forum 17th January (2 Viewers)

oakey

Can I add a late entry. Access for disabled fans is shocking.
1. To reach Disabled entry doors, blocks 18 to 23, you have to cross the hordes of drinkers and smokers loitering or queuing across the pavement and road.
2. Inside is even worse as you have the Camden real ale bar, catering queues and chaos.
3.There are lots of able bodied fans who block the entrance to the disabled bays and stand in front of disabled toilet doors.
4. Many fans have decided to take a short cut through the disabled bays at half time and full time by opening the side gates. Stewards reluctant to stop them.

It is not a pleasant experience for frail people and their carers.

shmmeee

Oh speaking of smokers: can we please have more than one smoking area for the entire stadium?

Happy_Martian

The club need to explore a new TV gantry on the West Stand. Currently there are scaffold bases in the East stand blocking up loads of seats and restricting others views .

With our exceptional atmosphere and high gates it's such a shame we can't show them off instead of having cameras pointed at the half empty corporate areas.

There is seemingly loads of room to fit a permanent structure on the cladded wall of the West Stand. It would free up space and crucially mean cameras are pointing at or main stand and singers corner.

If a permanent structure isn't viable then put the scaffolding in unused seats that side

Wasn't there an issue a couple of years ago with Sky wanting the main gantry opposite the managers so they could get reaction shots of the benches ? Don't know if that stipulation is still relevant.

Happy_Martian

@Sky Blue Pete don't know if it’s been mentioned but the tannoy system is woeful. You cannot hear it at all in the corner. WLADITT was the worst and out of time on Saturday as you cannot hear it. Cannot make out what subs are being made etc. Surely a safety issue?
Royston Dooley was asked on Twitter a couple of weeks ago about the speakers. His response was that they are aware of the reduced quality in the speaker output. They've notified the club and are now waiting.

djr8369

Royston Dooley was asked on Twitter a couple of weeks ago about the speakers. His response was that they are aware of the reduced quality in the speaker output. They've notified the club and are now waiting.
I’m sure even fairly recently (middle of last season?) they were fine but suddenly it’s like listening to a toddler talk down a toy megaphone.

Alkhen

Wasn't there an issue a couple of years ago with Sky wanting the main gantry opposite the managers so they could get reaction shots of the benches ? Don't know if that stipulation is still relevant.

I did wonder if there was some lame rule. That must be for the IFollow/EFL highlights when they have only 1/2 cameras then

bigger games they have one over the other side I think. Would be so easy to flip them. But then its the same issue in coverage of games at Wembley and they arent exactly rushing to sort that.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Please spell out the acronyms; it's difficult to work out what you're saying.
Totally agree. Acronyms are a massive time waster, by having to search for potential meanings. The point of acronyms is to save time BUT THEY DONT, there increase time and self defeating. Its poor communication.
Also makes people who don't understand them feel INADEQUATE and out of touch.

itsabuzzard

Totally agree. Acronyms are a massive time waster, by having to search for potential meanings. The point of acronyms is to save time BUT THEY DONT, there increase time and self defeating. Its poor communication.
It's standard procedure to spell out the acronym/initialism the first time it's used, then there's no problem.

Sky Blue Pete

Oh speaking of smokers: can we please have more than one smoking area for the entire stadium?
The answer was no

Since making the change the club has received numerous thanks and only one complaint. Having more doors open led to an unhealthy smoke haze in the concourse

Cov_92

Around the car park. I was thinking what a pain they are but they will be some of the “HVM” you’ve mentioned, I expect.

Possibly there is something that could be done though to improve queuing and help footfall around the stadium (which is a wider issue)

Never aimed to make people feel inadequate, those initialisms have been used on here quite a few times (maybe not this discussion) just ask if you aren't familiar, it encourages further dialogue, I'm happy to provide the full meaning if asked.👍🏻

bigfatronssba

extended queue lanes adjacent to the building will help pull the crowd in from the fence

That’s all it needs.
The queue spills right across the road, so those trying to walk around to the east stand get funnelled up against the fence.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Never aimed to make people feel inadequate, those initialisms have been used on here quite a few times (maybe not this discussion) just ask if you aren't familiar, it encourages further dialogue, I'm happy to provide the full meaning if asked.👍🏻
My point about acronyms being a time waster and making people feeling out of touch and inadequate is a GENERAL point and NOT specific to this forum. I see this in the workplace and other places in life.

Users who are viewing this thread