Supporters forum 17th January (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

The club need to explore a new TV gantry on the West Stand. Currently there are scaffold bases in the East stand blocking up loads of seats and restricting others views .

With our exceptional atmosphere and high gates it's such a shame we can't show them off instead of having cameras pointed at the half empty corporate areas.

There is seemingly loads of room to fit a permanent structure on the cladded wall of the West Stand. It would free up space and crucially mean cameras are pointing at or main stand and singers corner.

If a permanent structure isn't viable then put the scaffolding in unused seats that side

Last edited:

shmmeee

How many turnstiles are there? I’m 45 and must be one of the highest. Means it would take than an hour at peak flow to get 32k in.

Cov_92

How many turnstiles are there? I’m 45 and must be one of the highest. Means it would take than an hour at peak flow to get 32k in.
On paper yes, if it was only that simple, other factors impact, phenomenal walk up in last 30 mins. Gates are open 2 hours before KO, completely comprehend supporters have commitments prior to the game, like I mentioned there are huge factors and not just one single issue.

Sky Blue Pete

On paper yes, if it was only that simple, other factors impact, phenomenal walk up in last 30 mins. Gates are open 2 hours before KO, completely comprehend supporters have commitments prior to the game, like I mentioned there are huge factors and not just one single issue.
That’s what I thought about how long it takes

The barriers were better at the last game but could easily be improved and leave some thoroughfare for supporters to move around the ground

Then it’s communication around using all turnstiles and arriving as early as you can

Last edited:

shmmeee

Well quite. My point was we’d be nowhere near peak flow for an hour for a variety of reasons. Definitely needs more to attract people inside an hour or so before.

Cov_92

The club need to explore a new TV gantry on the West Stand. Currently there are scaffold bases in the East stand blocking up loads of seats and restricting others views .

With our exceptional atmosphere and high gates it's such a shame we can't show them off instead of having cameras pointed at the half empty corporate areas.

There is seemingly loads of room to fit a permanent structure on the cladded wall of the West Stand.nit would free up space and crucially mean cameras are pointing at or main stand and singers corner.

If a permanent structure isn't viable then put the scaffolding in unused seats that side
Seat kills are minimal in East stand for the SKY platform,a replacement gantry would run into £100's of thousands. It will be based on capital expenditure projects,with a priority 'Cost v Reward'.

shmmeee

Seat kills are minimal in East stand for the SKY platform,a replacement gantry would run into £100's of thousands. It will be based on capital expenditure projects,with a priority 'Cost v Reward'.

The arena owners should think about image as well. The place looks a lot better on TV that way around. Although no advertising for Frasers soo…

Alkhen

Yeah I think there is value in presenting the best version of the club. I would actually say our atmosphere is one of the clubs USPs and something we can use to market ourselves. Pointing the cameras at half empty corporate areas is a real shame.

And as I mentioned. If they are forfeiting seats in the East for the platforms then they can surely just switch that loss to the less popular West. A easy win

Alkhen

Added Frasersplus branding on the East would be an easy enough fix and would be a better advertisement with a full stand than dribs and drabs of the corporate lot

Saddlebrains

There has never been enough turnstiles for a 32500 capacity stadium ever since the place was built

And yes the tannoy system really is shit camr hear a thing in the family zone over the speakers. We're forgetting the place is nearly 20 years old now and them speakers and its system has been in since day 1

Needs an update at pace

shepardo01

Ticket exchange system. Could this be brought up. Many people I have spoken with have mentioned this.
With home games likely to be all over the place day/time wise, an official ticket exchange system would probably mean people may commit to buying a season ticket knowing they could get money back if they couldn't make it.

SlowerThanPlatt

Ticket exchange system. Could this be brought up. Many people I have spoken with have mentioned this.
With home games likely to be all over the place day/time wise, an official ticket exchange system would probably mean people may commit to buying a season ticket knowing they could get money back if they couldn't make it.

Only would work once a game is sold out otherwise club would be forfeiting the true price of a match ticket?

Irish Sky Blue

So it's the highlighted area, the grass was removed and replaced sometime within the last 2 seasons, but really the curbs needs to be removed and it needs to be flat to the existing road levels, with maybe bollards, also I think it would improve the accessibility for wheelchair users, because at the end of the game, they're battling to cross the road at the zebra crossing against a constant stream of people.

Generally, I think that whole corner of the site is poorly designed and ideally would look at removing the stairs and extending the useable space to get people away safer.
I saw an older bloke miss his step due to the curb and fall quite heavily after the Oxford game. In the crush of people moving down to the tunnels at the end of the game, the curb is hard to see.

Frostie

@Sky Blue Pete don't know if it’s been mentioned but the tannoy system is woeful. You cannot hear it at all in the corner. WLADITT was the worst and out of time on Saturday as you cannot hear it. Cannot make out what subs are being made etc. Surely a safety issue?
Amen.

All the announcement stuff is shite too. We've had a few really good guests interviewed in recent weeks (the likes of Chris Kirkland, Trevor Peake etc.) & I'd have been interested to hear what they actually have to say but it's literally inaudible.

bigfatronssba

The railings around car park A need to be removed.
Where people queue for the North Stand turnstiles there is no room to get past them to the East Stand. There is always a crush there

Cov_92

There has never been enough turnstiles for a 32500 capacity stadium ever since the place was built

And yes the tannoy system really is shit camr hear a thing in the family zone over the speakers. We're forgetting the place is nearly 20 years old now and them speakers and its system has been in since day 1

Needs an update at pace
The stadium design when built, needed to have met stringent specifications by SGSA ,building control and experts in crowd behaviour etc and turnstiles would have been suitable and sufficient at the time.
The world sadly has changed with HVM, safety regulations, enhanced search requirements, Pyro, supporter behaviours etc etc all impacting on density and flow for supporters.
As with all equipment, and following years of PPM, things do need replacing, and where PA is now competing across a variety of noise challenges in and outside this is only one in a long list I'm sure
The team are not only the ones with an appetite to compete in the Premier league. However, with that come a whole host of new standards and requirements for CCFC / Arena to comply with.

All upgrades will no doubt be exorbitantly high, and finding budgets for everything will be a challenge, and where do you start.
Turnstiles, PA, Camera Platforms, South stand convert to home fans, Permanent Standing sections, new seating, accessible platforms and facilities....I bet the list goes on.
The supporters forum meeting today will hopefully bring back some updates on planned improvements.

itsabuzzard

The stadium design when built, needed to have met stringent specifications by SGSA ,building control and experts in crowd behaviour etc and turnstiles would have been suitable and sufficient at the time.
The world sadly has changed with HVM, safety regulations, enhanced search requirements, Pyro, supporter behaviours etc etc all impacting on density and flow for supporters.
As with all equipment, and following years of PPM, things do need replacing, and where PA is now competing across a variety of noise challenges in and outside this is only one in a long list I'm sure
The team are not only the ones with an appetite to compete in the Premier league. However, with that come a whole host of new standards and requirements for CCFC / Arena to comply with.

All upgrades will no doubt be exorbitantly high, and finding budgets for everything will be a challenge, and where do you start.
Turnstiles, PA, Camera Platforms, South stand convert to home fans, Permanent Standing sections, new seating, accessible platforms and facilities....I bet the list goes on.
The supporters forum meeting today will hopefully bring back some updates on planned improvements.
Please spell out the acronyms; it's difficult to work out what you're saying.

Cov_92

The railings around car park A need to be removed.
Where people queue for the North Stand turnstiles there is no room to get past them to the East Stand. There is always a crush the

Please spell out the acronyms; it's difficult to work out what you're saying.
SGSA - Sports Ground Safety Authority
HVM - Hostile Vehicle Mitigation
Pyro - Pyrotechnics
PPM - Pre Planned Maintenance
PA - Public Address equipment
Hope that helps.

Bertola

People are not late, people are turning up half hour before kick off and struggling to get in for kick off due to lack of turnstiles and slow staff. Unless the plan is to make it difficult, so more turn up early and they can make more money on refreshments.

Don't forget, many people have prior commitments, I left work at 11, drove home from Birmingham, shower, changed, got to the stadium at 12, and greeted with a half hour queue. It's a shambles.

Agree with this, My lad played football in Rugby at 9:30, finished at gone 10:30, home, changed and back out, got dropped off on Burbages Lane about 11:50, absolute carnage outside the ground trying to get in.

Luckily a steward saw us and allowed us in the disabled entrance, as otherwise we'd have been in danger of missing kick off

MalcSB

Agree with this, My lad played football in Rugby at 9:30, finished at gone 10:30, home, changed and back out, got dropped off on Burbages Lane about 11:50, absolute carnage outside the ground trying to get in.

Luckily a steward saw us and allowed us in the disabled entrance, as otherwise we'd have been in danger of missing kick off
I think that this type of experience which several people have mentioned is more as a result of the kick off times being changed from 3pm.

djr8369

Where exactly are the railings
Around the car park. I was thinking what a pain they are but they will be some of the “HVM” you’ve mentioned, I expect.

Possibly there is something that could be done though to improve queuing and help footfall around the stadium (which is a wider issue).

Users who are viewing this thread