Support Done Good! (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Brilliant to read how great our support were last night. Hopefully it will give the players the lift they need, they must have thought 'blimey, we are 2nd bottom of the 3rd division, having won in yonks yet we have 8,000 here.' How many other clubs, in our position and having to put up with what we have over the past fews years, would take that many to Arsenal for a midweek League cup tie.

Plenty of teams would do.

If the travelling support was like that most games it would be something to be proud of, sadly it isn't though.

I know we haven't had much success but it makes me cringe when fans start patting themselves on the back for taking a large and loud following to Arsenal. Most teams in our position do, we aren't the first and won't be the last.

The time to feel proud of the supporters is if we doing that in the league and not just a cup game once every five years.

ccfcdan

If the travelling support was like that most games it would be something to be proud of, sadly it isn't though.

I know we haven't had much success but it makes me cringe when fans start patting themselves on the back for taking a large and loud following to Arsenal. Most teams in our position do, we aren't the first and won't be the last.

The time to feel proud of the supporters is if we doing that in the league and not just a cup game once every five years.

Most teams in our position? I don't know/cant think of any other team in our position, We have had nothing but decline for the last 12 odd years, without even a sniff of a promotion or even a playoff finish. We have shit on by our owners, and lost 5 games on the spin.How many teams are in our position? Go on, name me 1!

covcity4life

yup fans were brilliant and out sang arsenal fans all night long

rvp song wa sway overdone mind,got cringy

arsenal fans booing everythign arshavin does remidned me of our fickle fans

Sick Boy

Most teams in our position? I don't know/cant think of any other team in our position, We have had nothing but decline for the last 12 odd years, without even a sniff of a promotion or even a playoff finish. We have shit on by our owners, and lost 5 games on the spin.How many teams are in our position? Go on, name me 1!

Are you a Scouser? Poor poor us, we have it so hard, no other team in the world have ever been through such difficult times. Boo hoo.

If you think that we are the only lower league team to take numbers and noise to Arsenal then you are seriously deluded. It is nothing new and certainly not something to show how great our fans are,..especially after some of the away games this year. Imagine support like at Arsenal in every game in the league, it would be quality and then it would be something to be very proud of.

ccfcdan

Are you a Scouser? Poor poor us, we have it so hard, no other team in the world have ever been through such difficult times. Boo hoo.

If you think that we are the only lower league team to take numbers and noise to Arsenal then you are seriously deluded. It is nothing new and certainly not something to show how great our fans are,..especially after some of the away games this year. Imagine support like at Arsenal in every game in the league, it would be quality and then it would be something to be very proud of.

Oh dear, you can't name me 1 team in a similar position. Have a day off from being a doom merchant and try and enjoy yourself. Were you at the game last night?

Sick Boy

Oh dear, you can't name me 1 team in a similar position. Have a day off from being a doom merchant and try and enjoy yourself. Were you at the game last night?

No sorry I think that we are the least fortunate club in the history of football. No one has ever had it so difficult as us!!

Nah i wasn't, I am going to Oldham on Saturday instead. I look forward to seeing our reinvigorated support then.

JazzCat

yup fans were brilliant and out sang arsenal fans all night long

rvp song wa sway overdone mind,got cringy

arsenal fans booing everythign arshavin does remidned me of our fickle fans

I think it was because it got a reaction from the Arsenal supporters. I was in the last seat next to them and they really bit every time.

Rudda

Was some of us at the back of block 19 up for a sing song and had good banter with your lads, last night reminded me why I don't go to the bowl anymore though, full of tourists, kids and twats who wanna video everything and not support their team.

"arshavin has scoared, arshavin has scored, how shit must you be, arshavin has scored" in response to all your ones haha. "how shit must you be, we're drawing away" was funny. You could tell the kind of supporter that were at the back with us, singing old school songs no one else knew, was nice to hear our "by jesus said paddy" and "riders of the night" songs again

CovfanDan

I know what you mean mate, which is why i put the following bit...
Hopefully we will turn a corner with Robins now and any banwagon jumpers will get along to the Ricoh and away games to give their 'support' where its going to be needed even more than last night

Alot of the City fans last night were there because it was Arsenal which is a shame, we are going to need more support at Oldham than we had at Arsenal, but it can't hurt taking that many to the Emirates can it?

the_ferret

By way of comparison, average away followings so far this season in League 1, and to be fair Preston and Bournemouth have been boosted by a couple of big local derbies - and I very much doubt will finish above us in that table come May. In short, nothing wrong with our away following considering our position. Don't know why we are so hard on ourselves sometimes.

nvd4q9.png

Attachments

• nvd4q9.jpg
    nvd4q9.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread