Support Done Good! (1 Viewer)

MrHorse1982

I was in the lower tear, just next to the arsenal fans (if you can call them that) and I want to state how proud I was of the fans, at least in this area. They sang and cheered till the end and showed the arsenal lo what being a fan really is!!

win9nut

That Van Persie chant was excellent, still laughing about it!

He left cos your sh!t
He left cos your sh!!!!t
Robin Van Persie
He left cos your sh!t

Lol lol

PUSB

LastGarrison

Got a few texts off my gooner mate and he had said our fans were quality and that we'd "definitely be back".

I reckon he must have been helping Channel 4 out with some "trials" for a programme they were doing tonight. :whistle:

pusbccfc

Yeah excellent support in the bottom tear.
Mate of mine joined us in the second half, and he said the top tear was fairly quiet?

Some great songs, didn't rate the acrostics at the Emirates though!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Great support and a great atmosphere in a beautiful arena it's got to be said. To think they built that all themselves, run it themselves, and still run with financial stability. Oh if we could have done the same!

Credit to the supporters though. I know I made digs when the draw first happened about people jumping on the bandwagon etc, but tonight wouldn't have been half as supportive (vocally) if just the regulars had gone so fair play for everyone taking the time and expense to go! Was great to see so many Sky Blues!

BigadamL

Was sat in the bottom tier row 6, bloody great feeling today!
We're gona with 5-4 were gona win 5-4..... Oh, right, we're gona win 6-5! Haha

Best bit of the night was a cute little lad with his dad on the tube just woke up by cockfoster the singin his little harmless heart out..... Robin van persie he left cuz ur shit. Didn't have a clue he was swearing! The place went up laughing haha

standupforcity

Yeah excellent support in the bottom tear.
Mate of mine joined us in the second half, and he said the top tear was fairly quiet?

Some great songs, didn't rate the acrostics at the Emirates though!

I was in the top tier...not quiet at all!!! Really enjoyed the game...we lost so what. City played well with the exception of Barton in my opinion. Great cross for our goal and great penalty save by Murphy...

A good night out!

Gaz

Fantastic support from the skyblue army, well done to all who were there.
I was right next to the gooners at the back of the lower level, had some great banter with them.

They hated that Van Persie song :D

Moe-Lask

The sky blue army, we were fantastic today! Just got home and know i'll take stick tomorrow at work but i was defo a proud Sky Blue tonight!

speedie87

How shit must you be Shrewsbury scored four.

Then arsenal got the third And responed with how shit must u be arshavin just scored.

RichieGunns

Great support tonight lads and lasses.

I was listening on the radio and you made me proud to be a Sky Blue supporter.

Wish i could have been there!

Also laughed when the Arsenal fans started chanting "Who are ya? Who are ya?" and i swear i heard "Sky Blue Army" come back at them!

They went quiet after that so well done to you all!

skybluedaze

Didn't go, but watched the highlights on the league cup show. Thought i'd reiterate how impressive the support looked, and judging by this thread i missed a great night out. Result aside, it has to be a massive positive. How many times has the sky blue army been so unified in recent years? Long may it continue. Well done to all that went. Sounds like you did the club proud. SKY BLUE ARMY!!!

I thought that this was pretty good when Ball came on.

He's yours cos you're shit
Callum Ball

I was sat in Block 116 upper tier right next to the home fans and the banter was awesome. Couldn't hear them apart from when they scored.

I thought the streakers were poor, either strip totally or not at all the gays. Also a couple of rows back from me some knob turned around and punched a guy a couple of rows back. WTF was that all about?

What time did the coaches get back? I was tucked up in bed at 12.30.

Last edited:

withnail

Great night but sad to see us take such a stuffing.
It only seems like the blink of an eye since Quinn banged in that hat-trick on the opening day of season 20 odd years back.

skybluesam66

listening to Talk sport on the way back - the commentator said

Coventry played well for first half, and only caved in when the 2nd went in
Cetainly dont look a bottom league 1 team

but support was excellent and more importantly...

Their chant about Robin Van persie, which I cannot repeat, was very funny !

skyblue19

Coach got back just after midnight. Great night, fans didn't stop all night. Looking over from the arsenal fan, they looked at us like we were mental when there was more noise from us when they scored 5!

ccfcdan

My coach got back at 1am. It was a superb night and I am still buzzing now. The 12 pins before the game was mental, bar staff couldn't hear themselves think, then during the game the Sba never stopped singing, and even afterwards making the 20 min walk back to Finsbury park, we filled the streets singing all the way. People were coming out of there houses to watch us. Well done to everyone that helped make tonight one to remember. Never been prouded to be a SkyBlue. PUSB, City till I die.

I was in the lower tier and all game the sky blue army were singing. I loved the van persie chant, and when we scored, it was as if we had just won the game and went mad. It was an awesome night. Well done the Sky Blue Army.

CovfanDan

Brilliant to read how great our support were last night. Hopefully it will give the players the lift they need, they must have thought 'blimey, we are 2nd bottom of the 3rd division, having won in yonks yet we have 8,000 here.' How many other clubs, in our position and having to put up with what we have over the past fews years, would take that many to Arsenal for a midweek League cup tie.

Hopefully we will turn a corner with Robins now and any banwagon jumpers will get along to the Ricoh and away games to give their 'support' where its going to be needed even more than last night.

Bloody road works on the motorway was a piss take though!

They wern't half. Had to leave the M25 and head up through St. Albans as the junction onto the M1 North was closed and then roadworks all the way up the M1 were an absolute piss take. Couldn't believe how long it took to get out of the car park at Cockfosters either.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
They wern't half. Had to leave the M25 and head up through St. Albans as the junction onto the M1 North was closed and then roadworks all the way up the M1 were an absolute piss take. Couldn't believe how long it took to get out of the car park at Cockfosters either.

We parked at Potters Bar which wasn't too busy although the train we were on was cramped to the max! Glad we only had to do one stop!

North York’s Blue

I was in the bottom tier (Block 20) with my son, it was actually him that started the RVP song off, took a few attempts to get it going, but was quality when it did!

Try negotiating them bleedin roadworks for every home game mate !!

Can anyone tell me what was happening in the upper tier... i was right at back of lower and several times the majority of people in front were looking up behind and pointing etc.

Try negotiating them bleedin roadworks for every home game mate !!

Can anyone tell me what was happening in the upper tier... i was right at back of lower and several times the majority of people in front were looking up behind and pointing etc.

There was the odd punch up and plenty of fans rushing to the barriers to remonstrate with the Gooners.

BigadamL

the slip road on to the M1 was a joke ended up going to the next exit and turning round, then the bloody one lane on the M1 every ten min was a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread