Supermarket shortages (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

Wonder if we've peaked panicked. No more than usual waiting to go into canley s/b today. Bread, eggs, milk and loo rolls available (though the latter not full). Veg sections looked full, mainly the likes of baked beans still empty.

Grendel

Wonder if we've peaked panicked. No more than usual waiting to go into canley s/b today. Bread, eggs, milk and loo rolls available (though the latter not full). Veg sections looked full, mainly the likes of baked beans still empty.

I think it’s just a lottery when you go In. Shelves get stocked and they empty at a very much quicker rate

Brighton Sky Blue

There were lots of fresh fruit and veg basically untouched yesterday. Meat was variable, frozen section was OK but pasta and bog roll were nowhere to be found. I hadn’t thought that there’d be no bags left so had to get an unimpressed missus to bring some from home

Otis

There were lots of fresh fruit and veg basically untouched yesterday. Meat was variable, frozen section was OK but pasta and bog roll were nowhere to be found. I hadn’t thought that there’d be no bags left so had to get an unimpressed missus to bring some from home
I got the promise of a blowjob if I came home from the shops with a bag of pasta. And that was just my next door neighbour, Hazel.

Marty

Just played Corona roulette, Sainsbury's was empty but the shelves are full, not much tinned, baking stuff, but loads of everything else.

£1.03 a litre of fuel now, stupidly cheap.

Sky_Blue_Daz

They were queuing outside Aldi at 07:45 this morning

OffenhamSkyBlue

That's also though, last bastion of the panic buyer. Seen smallish queues at other supermarkets but it seems more civilised
Aldi down here was virtually deserted at 9.30 today. And well stocked for most things, seemingly. Lidl's car park was almost empty - Morrison's looked a bit busier.

shmmeee

Aldi down here was virtually deserted at 9.30 today. And well stocked for most things, seemingly. Lidl's car park was almost empty - Morrison's looked a bit busier.

Hellohellohello is driving round checking supermarket car parks an essential journey sir?

RegTheDonk

Just played Corona roulette, Sainsbury's was empty but the shelves are full, not much tinned, baking stuff, but loads of everything else.

£1.03 a litre of fuel now, stupidly cheap.
I guess a lack of demand for petrol? Somone said it's more expensive to shut down and then re-open the refining process than to give the end product away cheap. Fill 'yer boots, erm tank.

Grendel

I guess a lack of demand for petrol? Somone said it's more expensive to shut down and then re-open the refining process than to give the end product away cheap. Fill 'yer boots, erm tank.

Oil prices crashed a few weeks ago

D

Deleted member 4439

I guess a lack of demand for petrol?

Demand is a contributory factor but it's mainly supply-side - Saudi's are dumping oil on the market as part of their oil war with US and Russia. It's been around 50 dollars pb for crude over the last two years - touched 20 dollars yesterday but is up 15-20% today on news that US and Russia are about to enter preliminary talks.

shmmeee

Busted!

Your honour, here's the map of my journey from home (just off the top of the map) to Aldi. Don't know how much we are obliged to go to the nearest available supermarket or if we can choose (Aldi have preferred brands of some stuff).

View attachment 14723

I was wondering this. What if I really like Waitrose stuff, at I OK to travel to Kenilworth or do I have to start shopping at Asda cos it’s closest?

tommydazzle

Yes, read a joke somewhere that Waitrose had brought in new restrictions and were only delivering to people who lived in council tax properties F and above.

(Must admit actually like shopping in my local Waitrose)

clint van damme

Yes, read a joke somewhere that Waitrose had brought in new restrictions and were only delivering to people who lived in council tax properties F and above.

(Must admit actually like shopping in my local Waitrose)

Never shopped there but enrolled the other day to try and get an online slot but none available.
Had a browse of their website, didn't think they're as expensive as people make out.

tommydazzle

I think they price match brands anyway but I just like the shop - bright and airy, never seems crowded and lots of high quality and ethical stuff.

Grendel

Never shopped there but enrolled the other day to try and get an online slot but none available.
Had a browse of their website, didn't think they're as expensive as people make out.

They are not that expensive

Mcbean

Flour definitely in short supply because of all the people who panic bought bread which went mouldy and is now in the green bin - we freeze all our bread which means a couple of loaves can last a fair time ( there’s only two of us)! Our farm shop has 12kg bag of flour if you need it for those regular bakers - yeast was short but now available local to here

Users who are viewing this thread