Supermarket shortages (1 Viewer)

Otis

People panic buying that as well? How are they storing it?
Do you not remember the boxes of electricity they used to have in those TV ads?

Funny true story actually. My missus used to work for Wilko and at the time these ads, some woman came in and actually asked for a box of electricity and got very annoyed when the assistant said they don't sell it and it doesn't exist.

She wasn't having any of it and in the end they had to tell her to try Woolworths, because she would not take no for an answer.

tommydazzle

Yes true and I suppose the determined hoarder will go round several times. I haven’t thought this through! Also favour the strong who will build retaining walls of baked bean cans to contain stacks of loo rolls etc.

Sky_Blue_Daz

My wife was on a nightshift at walsgrave last night she decided to pop into the Asda , she said it was carnage

Otis

Just been to the Co-op behind the Wallace.

Very calm there and maybe about 12 customers in there in total. Shelves are blitzed though. Hardly anything to be found at all.

I only popped in as I was passing and it was just a quick reccy to have a look at the state of the place.

Didn't buy anything, was just a general 10 second look to see the lie of the land.

Not great at all if you want general food shopping.

Marty

Just been to the Co-op behind the Wallace.

Very calm there and maybe about 12 customers in there in total. Shelves are blitzed though. Hardly anything to be found at all.

I only popped in as I was passing and it was just a quick reccy to have a look at the state of the place.

Didn't buy anything, was just a general 10 second look to see the lie of the land.

Not great at all if you want general food shopping.

M&S at the Ricoh had loads of stuff yesterday afternoon, Co-op on Earlsdon high street was still fairly well stocked this morning.

Once the panic subdues, it'll be full stock everywhere again.

no_loyalty

Went to Aldi Cannon Park yesterday afternoon, and was surprised the shelves were fairly stocked, the only thing we couldn't get was eggs.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Went to Aldi Cannon Park yesterday afternoon, and was surprised the shelves were fairly stocked, the only thing we couldn't get was eggs.
Probably cos the student numbers on Warwick Uni campus are way down. Still about 1500 there though.
Those that remain are majority from overseas, so have nowhere else to go currently.

Rusty Trombone

Talking to my neighbour this morning, she was bringing some shopping in and said 'it's mad out there', she then went on to proudly say that she had been hoarding stuff, and has bought so much that she's had to take things around to friends houses to store for her. She also mentioned that she's in a high risk category due to health problems, but 'if she gets it she gets it', she won't be staying in. Totally selfish, and no shame, you only need 1 or 2 of these people in every street and you see the problems that their attitude causes.

Grendel

Waitrose is ok - loads of eggs, pasta, paracetamol - no bread or milk but plenty of soup, meats, vegan options pizza etc

Nick

Administrator
Talking to my neighbour this morning, she was bringing some shopping in and said 'it's mad out there', she then went on to proudly say that she had been hoarding stuff, and has bought so much that she's had to take things around to friends houses to store for her. She also mentioned that she's in a high risk category due to health problems, but 'if she gets it she gets it', she won't be staying in. Totally selfish, and no shame, you only need 1 or 2 of these people in every street and you see the problems that their attitude causes.
Yeah but if you went to a pub you are a murderer

Those pricks are causing many more issues.

Nick

Administrator
Plenty of bread, milk, pasta, beer,soup.

641d90e0054c1fc0447e9310736a205c.jpg
15ea48c687e64029f849dfa23bca599d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread