Sunderland fans (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

Any group of people is going to contain a spectrum of intelligence, personality, aggression etc. They are no different, nor are we. Not all Leeds fans are violent, racist scum and not all Norwich or Swindon fans are inbred village idiots.

This Sunderland thing is a bit weird though. I was at the game in 77/78 and all the huge fuss about it seems only to have come about in the last couple of years. Coincides with their decline I think. When they were doing well they didn’t care, now they’re looking for someone to be bitter towards. Given that it was 40 years ago most of the ones banging on about it either weren’t born or must have been infant prodigies to recall it. And they’d have done the same!
* 1976/77 and of course we also 'stitched' them up on the last day of 1996/97.

The Great Eastern

Coventry City are the number one cause for divorce in Tyne and Wear apparently.
Talked to a Brizzle City fan a few weeks ago & they are detested by the Mackems too. Perhaps not as much as us but they are equally blamed for the sterile last 15 minutes of THAT game !

Sky Blue Harry H

I think fans like a common 'pantomime villain' that they can hate - think we're an obvious sideshow compared to Newcastle (for obvious reasons - they really don't like each other). I always thought it would be kind of funny if two sets of fans who detested each other were mixed up in a pub (particularly where accents weren't a giveaway) and they were all temporarily blinded for a bit - it would be really funny for them working out who was meant to hate who. A bit weird, I know, but I sometimes think things like this!

Irish Sky Blue

I think fans like a common 'pantomime villain' that they can hate - think we're an obvious sideshow compared to Newcastle (for obvious reasons - they really don't like each other). I always thought it would be kind of funny if two sets of fans who detested each other were mixed up in a pub (particularly where accents weren't a giveaway) and they were all temporarily blinded for a bit - it would be really funny for them working out who was meant to hate who. A bit weird, I know, but I sometimes think things like this!
An idea for another reality TV show!

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah I heard his interview last night.
It was gibberish ,the pay must be well worth it.

He's just done a promo video for them to try and get season tickets next season, good luck with that. Blew two great shots at the play-offs with us, got Gareth Bale to qualify for the Euros now found lacking again this year.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm absolutely devasted they are struggling. I might have to end it all.
Surely they can find some sort of link that we are infact to blame for them getting relegated this season.
Infact have we kicked off late anytime this season, can someone check this before they rant about us.
Horrible pathetic shit club always in the shadow of their more illustrious neighbour
I'm sure we had a delayed start recently at an away game? It was down to heavy traffic if I remember. Just can't place where? I remember posting at the time that we should look out for the shit from Scumderland fans!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm sure we had a delayed start recently at an away game? It was down to heavy traffic if I remember. Just can't place where? I remember posting at the time that we should look out for the shit from Scumderland fans!
Thinking back, wasn't it the FA Cup game at Brighton?

Evo1883

We’ve played Sunderland a lot of times since the incident and I’ve never really detected any animosity amongst fans.

Is it just exaggerated by the forum society we now live in?

I said that to my dad , we’ve played them a lot and I’ve never sensed animosity .
It only came to my attention over the last few years more specifically with some of the comments made after jimmy hill passed

wingy

TBF I couldn't give a monkeys about them or this rediculous vendetta they percieve ,I've just had a bit of fun with now't better to do.
But what will rankle me about them and their team Is Nick Summrrbee and that shocking career ending tackle on Steve Froggat.
He should have taken out a civil action in the courts for that one.

hill83

We’ve played Sunderland a lot of times since the incident and I’ve never really detected any animosity amongst fans.

It’s exactly that. None of us would have any idea if the internet didn’t exist. And I doubt more than 50 of their lot would know about it either.

Hullinho87

Yes, I thought this. Been to a few Sunderland games away and no signs of animosity at all!

Moff

It's a fair point G, but as we know the Internet gives us all a voice, and theirs albeit mainly on their forum has been pretty vitriolic, certainly the morons celebrating the death of Jimmy Hill.

I have met a few Sunderland fans in my time and most have made mention to the Bristol City game, and what cheats we are. They love to play the victim.

pastythegreat

If we were to go up and play them next year, somebody with the knowhow should get a load of Jimmy Hill masks made up and sell them before the game, all profits to the Jimmy Hill legacy fund.

Terry Gibson's perm

TBF I couldn't give a monkeys about them or this rediculous vendetta they percieve ,I've just had a bit of fun with now't better to do.
But what will rankle me about them and their team Is Nick Summrrbee and that shocking career ending tackle on Steve Froggat.
He should have taken out a civil action in the courts for that one.

That injury was the start of our problems as he gave us good balance in the side, I spoke to him last year as he sorted out my mortgage he is a lovely bloke, he wanted to sort the mortgage I just wanted to talk about his time here like a schoolboy meeting his hero.

ccfcricoh

Jimmy Hill clearly delayed our game Vs Brighton in FA cup which has caused Sunderland to implode and get relegated.....

fatso

Just point out to them, that if they’d of won their last game that season, they’d of stayed up. Survival was in their own hands, and they fucked it up. But they forget that, and would rather blame us instead. Complete bunch of northern tossers.

Vote Coleman for manager of the season!

Otis

Just point out to them, that if they’d of won their last game that season, they’d of stayed up. Survival was in their own hands, and they fucked it up. But they forget that, and would rather blame us instead. Complete bunch of northern tossers.

Vote Coleman for manager of the season!
If there's a poll in the local Sunderland rag asking if they should stick with Coleman for next season we should all go on their site and vote yes!

Users who are viewing this thread