Match Thread Sunderland - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Dec (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Typical of our luck, Sheaf has probably his best half of the season and gets injured.
Having said that, we've got the ball forward a bit quicker since he went off.

Brighton Sky Blue

Take the lead and O'Nien goes in the book, great couple of minutes. Need to be a lot sharper going forward though, likewise need to be much more careful with the ball.

Johnnythespider

That had to be a penalty surely, unless he's booked both players, which I don't think he did

skybluepm2

Take that every day of the week. We’ve been poor on the most part, ref pretty dreadful but got the all important decision right for the goal. Gobsmacked the tosspot who headbutted Sheaf wasn’t sent off, and why we weren’t given a penalty when he’s booked that rat for a blatant foul despite an earlier warning. Need to get the second and the gimps will turn on Beale and the team.

Godden on for Simms by 60, Lati for Allen the ant. Wouldn’t change a lot else. Saka and O’Hare key to sealing a win here. Come on boys!

shmmeee

Of course you can, it was a professional foul, refs go back to book people after playing the advantage all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Nah he’s right. If the booking is for “stopping a promising attack” it’s not given. But surely that’s a booking anywhere on the pitch? He just dragged him down by his head.

steve101

Solid half. Wright holding the ball better. Definitely improving. Allen has really struggled but needs to step up with Sheaf off the pitch. Van Ewijk and Sakamota causing more problems than Clark so far. Long may it continue. Bidwell sticking to Roberts like glue. What a solid defender.

Frostie

Of course you can, it was a professional foul, refs go back to book people after playing the advantage all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
What Law of the Game are you penalising him for?

Screenshot_20231223-155217.png

I'd like to see the non penalty award again, looked like the ball was in play before he blew to me.

Sky Blue Pete

Take that every day of the week. We’ve been poor on the most part, ref pretty dreadful but got the all important decision right for the goal. Gobsmacked the tosspot who headbutted Sheaf wasn’t sent off, and why we weren’t given a penalty when he’s booked that rat for a blatant foul despite an earlier warning. Need to get the second and the gimps will turn on Beale and the team.

Godden on for Simms by 60, Lati for Allen the ant. Wouldn’t change a lot else. Saka and O’Hare key to sealing a win here. Come on boys!
Absolute madness no second yellow
Clear as day and had time to make the correct call

no_loyalty

Really happy we are in front. We have played ok but still giving possession away too easily, O’Nien is just a thug and should have gone. Hume also lucky to still be on the pitch.

Tommo1993

Remember when McEveley flew through Lameiras at Bramall Lane? I’d love that on O’Nien, except:

1. We don’t have anyone stupid enough to commit to it.
2. Even if we did, we wouldn’t get away with it.

itsabuzzard

Gimps! Superb.

Users who are viewing this thread