Match Thread Sunderland - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Dec (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Sunderland - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Covcraig@bury

3-1 win
Simms x 2
Sako
Similar tactics as Leeds but man mark Clarke as everything goes through him . Take him out of the game and we will win . Start KP to mix it up a tad in the centre drop JA to the bench . We need to be physically brutal against these .

itsabuzzard

Met Office has issued a weather warning for that day: there'll be heavy showers of shit over the Stadium of Shite, so don't forget your brollies.
As for the football, we'll be too strong for them if we start with CBS16's selection. Palmer, Godden, etc on as players tire or the tide turns in the Mackems's favour. Feels like the momentum is building, so not the time to start defensively.

CV22SBA

Another tough game but the way we are playing at the moment i can't see us losing. Keep it tight at the back first half and then attack them in the second. Its important we score first. 2 nil City.

pusbccfc

Only 1000 sold

Tommo1993

Would go. Just the timing and distance is unfortunate. Even if it was only Birmingham I’d really have to think about it.

Evo1883

I want to go , but leeds was expensive plus Christmas plus just paid for boro which is nearly 40 quid for the 2 kids ontop of ours .

Too much

This season looks like il be missing about 5 away games which is the most for about a decade

alexccfc99

Gone down well up there

IMG_8590.png
If we go 1 up early could get very toxic

They’re some of the stroppiest boo boys in English Football anyway, but in the last week they’ve appointed a manager no one seems to want, uprooted 6000 season ticket holders from their usual seats for the upcoming Newcastle game and had a flag display veoted by their own club for the Newcastle game as well

An early goal would be massive

pusbccfc

yea could be the "worst" following of the season so far which is a shame.

But days before Xmas, forking out for Leeds away this weekend, and the need for boosters on your jabs makes it less attractive, just hope the team and fans can put a shift in!

Yeah, torrid time to play them but as usual fans have embarrassed themselves on twitter taking the piss out of Middlesbrough'd 350 to Swansea.

Now they are looking silly.

SleepyGinger

To be fair I’d be disappointed if we appointed Beale. His QPR team were starting to slide down the table by the time he left and he completely failed at rangers.

fernandopartridge

To be fair I’d be disappointed if we appointed Beale. His QPR team were starting to slide down the table by the time he left and he completely failed at rangers.

To be fair Celtic were resurgent under Postecoglou as much as he 'failed', they got 92 points which is a decent total usually sufficient to win it.

Paxman II

Sunderland not exactly doing that. A bit inconsistent of late but still hanging in there. I sense a slide for them but this Belligham kid is on fire (must run in the family) Though at17 he will be against men on Saturday. Think we have too much for them. I will give them more chance as they are at home with good local support. So we need to start fast and get at them and upset their rytham from kick off. Keep the ball, frustrate them. If we avoid the home spurt from them, we will go on to win.

Covcraig@bury

Sunderland not exactly doing that. A bit inconsistent of late but still hanging in there. I sense a slide for them but this Belligham kid is on fire (must run in the family) Though at17 he will be against men on Saturday. Think we have too much for them. I will give them more chance as they are at home with good local support. So we need to start fast and get at them and upset their rytham from kick off. Keep the ball, frustrate them. If we avoid the home spurt from them, we will go on to win.
Two individuals that are a threat, take one out is good take both out they really don’t have anything. I can see an away win . Simms will be chomping at the bit to prove his worth .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not going to be an easy game. We'll certainly start out to be solid and not concede, so hopefully that'll work out again. Could sneak a win but I'll go with the draw.

Just hope the ref doesn't let O'Nien get away with being the fouling little shit he is.

pusbccfc

What's our lowest Saturday following this season? I don't think we've gone below 2000 besides the 1970 we took to Swansea that was sold out.

I know there's a lots of reasons but a 1000 is very, very low compared to usual. Managed 3000 to Leeds at £50 but then are struggling to shift any for Sunderland.

It's look likely that this will be a lower following than Cardiff on a Tuesday night

Users who are viewing this thread