Summer Plans (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'll watch the euros but I'm not too arsed about them.....a bit like all the multi-millionaire players involved I should imagine.....

Family Summer hols in Anglesey & Devon.

Several festivals & gigs booked in to get messy with me mates.

Cycling in the Lake District & Dartmoor.

Riding my vintage Lambretta.

Fixing my vintage Lambretta.

Hopefully we have a hot summer & I can spend most of it chillin in me garden with a few beers, a few smokes & some gourmet BBQ's...:cool:

CJ_covblaze

No idea what I am doing. Got my left arm crushed on valentines day. lots of hospital appointments so can't plan anything. The hospitals I am going to are in Manchester and Wigan so are a fair bit away. Can't take the motorhome away as can't drive a manual. Can only drive my people carrier as it is an automatic and the shifter is on the right of the steering wheel. On long term sick so have plenty of time to do what I like though as long as I am capable of it :)

Sounds awful. Hope everything gets sorted for you and the long term effects aren't too severe.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
gym, drinking, music festivals here in toronto perving on women most the summer, go back to ireland for 10 days in august but mostly gym drinking and perving at women!!

ajsccfc

Euros, holiday, get married, Olympics, write the next Great American Novel, practice backflips.

Skyblueweeman

Cancel Sky Sports

I phoned up to cancel mine as it was going to £104 a month (we have sports, movies, HD, the lot). After a couple of conversations on the phone, I've managed to get it back down to £69 a month for 12 months at which point, we'll be hoping to move anyway.

Skyblueweeman

Just had a long weekend in the Algarve playing golf with mates and was shocking...so getting in some more practice. Back out on the road bike when the weather chirps up a little.
Mid-June is my busiest time at work when the fixtures are released (Prem and League released a week apart for as long as I can remember) so I won't have any more holiday until late August.

Looking forward to seeing how my beloved N.Ireland do in the Euros...anything better than a spanking in each game will be a result!

Hopefully buy a house as well, all being well.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

We've agreed an open relationship when it comes to sausage parties, there's only so much I can be tamed.

Oh shit yeah, we're moving in to a new house too. I remember the Olympics but forget that, priorities.

Moff

Euros, holiday, get married, Olympics, write the next Great American Novel, practice backflips.

We've agreed an open relationship when it comes to sausage parties, there's only so much I can be tamed.

Oh shit yeah, we're moving in to a new house too. I remember the Olympics but forget that, priorities.

As good as that all is (said by a man married for a number of years) , good luck with the backflips, oh and the novel! ;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Slowly getting back into running I started in January doing 3 miles increased it to 5 then 7 eventually did 11 before Easter
I got a dodgy ankle and rested it for about 4 weeks did 3miles on the treadmill at the gym and struggled did 5 miles last Thursday on the road and going again tomorrow for 5
Then back to my 7 mile route, some lovely parts of Coventry
Especially round Corley and allesley village

Sky_Blue_Daz

wait till your wife gets pissed off for no reason whatsoever

thats always fun
That happened to me Sunday she was in a right huff

My wife and daughter have been snapping at each other for the last week or so usually I just let it go over my head
But every now and again I have a go back and feel rotten about it coz I'm not the type to have a row

Sky_Blue_Daz

Always remember behind every angry wife is a husband with absolutely no idea what he's done wrong

Moff

Slowly getting back into running I started in January doing 3 miles increased it to 5 then 7 eventually did 11 before Easter
I got a dodgy ankle and rested it for about 4 weeks did 3miles on the treadmill at the gym and struggled did 5 miles last Thursday on the road and going again tomorrow for 5
Then back to my 7 mile route, some lovely parts of Coventry
Especially round Corley and allesley village

7 miles is a nice distance Daz, especially after the injuries, as I know how frustrating it is when you get them.

I really enjoy running, have done for years, and used to run similar distances, between 6 miles and 13 but due to persistent injuries, which are now permanent problems, to back, groin and hamstring I am now restricted to 4 or 5 mile runs. I still love it though, it de-stresses me and gives me time to think...also a bit of peace and quite from a hectic home!

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm only gonna go twice a week now but would like to get back to 11 miles
I walk the dog for an hour every day too

Travs

I am a pretty dedicated fell-runner. Ran in the English Champs in the Peak District on Saturday. 181st. It was only 4 miles though, too fast and furious for me.

Speciality is longer races. Got 6 races over the summer, in Lake District, Wales and Shropshire, varying between 17 and 25 miles. But the big one is in January. I'm building up to the Spine Race, which is a non-stop race along the Pennine Way, 268 miles, due to the time of year will be mostly in the dark. Absolutely bricking it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I did the cov half marathon last year first time I did one
Did it in 2hrs 8 mins was quite happy with that as I had put myself in the 2:15 category
Really enjoyed it in a strange way
Running is quite addictive

Astute

Sounds nasty. Will you get insurance / combo if you have to take early retirement?

Will have to see how much use I get back in my hand first. I am in my 40's still so early retirement isn't exactly what I want. They would have to give me a job I could do with 1 hand. But other than going back to management there wouldn't be a lot to do. And I want nothing to do with office based work. So getting paid off could be the best result for both sides.

CJ_covblaze

why are you going europa final cj? you support liverpool too?

No. Can't stand them. We applied for tickets a while back. Should be a good game and a decent trip.

Covstu

Cycling in Mallorca in July, euros, golf in Portugal and maybe look at the olympics. Should suffice...

Sky Blue Harry H

I've got 2 weeks in the Moroccan wilderness with my hippy mate, and then I've got a Amsterdam trip in there somewhere as well
few friends and family have tickets for the euros for me so will get on the boat to st malo and drive to meet them

I'm hearing 'Morocco, Amsterdam, hippy, seeing a 'rasta' hat in your avatar. You're not going to remember a thing about this summer :laugh::claping hands::laugh:

Terry Gibson's perm

Not worth as much as CJ - I'm waiting for CJ to stay at home for 6 months and with the savings he's amassed, he can build the CJ stadium for us :). (only kidding CJ, carpe diem and all that!)

Air miles CJ enjoying himself again:D jealous as hell me

skybluedan

I'm hearing 'Morocco, Amsterdam, hippy, seeing a 'rasta' hat in your avatar. You're not going to remember a thing about this summer :laugh::claping hands::laugh:
hahaha you know it mate I don't drink alcohol though just float man
gonna sleep in a field of green strain hunters style, am hoping to get a Swaziland trip in this year as well might treat me pal and not tell him but yeah mate all good in the hood

Users who are viewing this thread