Summer 2015: What Happens Next? (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

A pattern is emerging with this season's signings, and as I like a conspiracy as much as the next person (as long as the next person is David Icke) I thought I'd share it. It's to do with contract expiry dates of the majority of this seasons signings.

William Edjenguele - Summer 2015
Leon Clarke - Summer 2015
Blair Adams - Summer 2015
Franck Moussa - Summer 2015
Kevin Malaga - Summer 2015
Adam Barton - Summer 2015
John Fleck - Summer 2015

Add to this the infamous 4 years deals from last season (David Bell, Carl Baker, was there one more?) and we potentially have a total decimation of the squad lined up for the end of the 14/15 season. Is this a deliberate plan by SISU, and if so why? Or am I simply reading too much into it? :thinking about:

ggrady

Was thinking exactly the same thing. No it's just a reasonable contract length for these players. We'll be in the prem by then anyway so doesn't matter ;)

lordsummerisle

Seems sensible to me, hardly any of the current squad would really be good enough for the Championship if we got there, so wouldn't have people on really long contracts who would be superfluous if we did get promoted.

torchomatic

I wouldn't worry, we won't exist by then anyway.

dongonzalos

A pattern is emerging with this season's signings, and as I like a conspiracy as much as the next person (as long as the next person is David Icke) I thought I'd share it. It's to do with contract expiry dates of the majority of this seasons signings.

John Fleck - Summer 2015

Add to this the infamous 4 years deals from last season (David Bell, Carl Baker, was there one more?) and we potentially have a total decimation of the squad lined up for the end of the 14/15 season. Is this a deliberate plan by SISU, and if so why? Or am I simply reading too much into it? :thinking about:

Deep thinker .......

mark82

Most of these will hold their own in the Championship. Maybe not top 6 but we have plenty of mid table championship players.

conspiracy theories ! about the the lengh of contract! lmfao.. next youll be telling us the twin towers were blown up by secret missile loaded unmanned jet liners, sent by the CIA just so the illuminatti and the freemasons could start the new world order!! (someones been youtubing too much)

Sky Blue Pete

conspiracy theories ! about the the lengh of contract! lmfao.. next youll be telling us the twin towers were blown up by secret missile loaded unmanned jet liners, sent by the CIA just so the illuminatti and the freemasons could start the new world order!! (someones been youtubing too much)

Nope - that one's true!!

lordsummerisle

Most of these will hold their own in the Championship. Maybe not top 6 but we have plenty of mid table championship players.

We've currently got a team of mid-table League One players.

Who do you think would really hold their own in the Championship?

shmmeee

I think several of the midfield (Thomas, Bailey is we can keep him, Moussa and Barton and Fleck playing to their potential) and probably the fullbacks and keeper.

Would need a striker and a new CB pairing minimum on promotion IMO.

georgehudson

i would hope that MR would be able to adjust / improve / re-build the squad, if,
we achieved promotion to the championship,
that, of course depends upon the current controllers

dongonzalos

I think several of the midfield (Thomas, Bailey is we can keep him, Moussa and Barton and Fleck playing to their potential) and probably the fullbacks and keeper.

Would need a striker and a new CB pairing minimum on promotion IMO.

Thomas, Bailey, Baker (with confidence)
Murphy. Barton and Fleck at good form Adams.

They are enough to stave off relegation.

We would need two championship centre backs

And two top goals scorers

Mucca Mad Boys

2 top goal scorers!? Because they come around cheaply and easily! :facepalm: :thinking about: you also forgot we pla 1 striker! :facepalm:

2 Championship CBs? 1 will do.

If we got promoted, wingers are what we need, Bake and Sheff are old and, for the Championship, not that good either!

John Fleck - Summer 2015

Obvious we will be in The prem by then so they may not cut it.

dongonzalos

2 top goal scorers!? Because they come around cheaply and easily! :facepalm: :thinking about: you also forgot we pla 1 striker! :facepalm:

2 Championship CBs? 1 will do.

If we got promoted, wingers are what we need, Bake and Sheff are old and, for the Championship, not that good either!

Sorry Taylor read the we WOULD need bit. As oppose we WILL get ...... Would do lots of forehead slapping if I was not on my phone.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sorry Taylor read the we WOULD need bit. As oppose we WILL get ...... Would do lots of forehead slapping if I was not on my phone.

I know you said would, my reply was to 'would'.

We don't need 2 top goal scorers because we play 1 striker!

Stupid comment from you.

mark82

I think individually most could do a job. Clearly we would need to add some extra quality around them. The squad is certainly better than the one that went down last year. Only time will tell I guess.

lordsummerisle

Murphy, Thomas, Bailey, and Adams probably be about it for me. Would need a lot more better players if we wanted to stay up in the Championship.

Baker playing at his level. Barton and Fleck not good enough.

dongonzalos

I know you said would, my reply was to 'would'.

Stupid comment from you.

Saying why we want get two top goal scorers
With the slapping thing was. A stupid comment by you.

And I said two top goal scorers nothing about formations.

So keep your stupid incorrectly placed forehead slaps to yourself

Mucca Mad Boys

Saying why we want get two top goal scorers
With the slapping thing was. A stupid comment by you.

And I said two top goal scorers nothing about formations.

So keep your stupid incorrectly placed forehead slaps to yourself

I never said 'why would you want 2 top goalscoring strikers' though did I (at tis point, I invite you yo to re-read my post) I questioned you logic, I said they don't come along often nor cheaply! Of ourselves formation matters! If you only play 1 god damn striker, you aren't going to sign 2 'top goalscoring' strikers! The very statement you made was vague best, and that's being kind!

I also think wingers are a greater priority, and A CB!

So dong, cut the vague BS and stop trying to make an argument of this.

dongonzalos

I never said 'why would you want 2 top goalscoring strikers' though did I (at tis point, I invite you yo to re-read my post) I questioned you logic, I said they don't come along often nor cheaply! Of ourselves formation matters! If you only play 1 god damn striker, you aren't going to sign 2 'top goalscoring' strikers! The very statement you made was vague best, and that's being kind!

I also think wingers are a greater priority, and A CB!

So dong, cut the vague BS and stop trying to make an argument of this.

I said what we WOULD need to try and go for promotion.

You replied why that is unlikely and did a sarcastic forehead slap.

I never said whether it was going to happen or not just what I thought we needed.

As usual you don't read, run off at the mouth and get it wrong.

RoboCCFC90

Whose that? A good shout that is!!

Glenn Murray left Brighton in 2011 to join Crystal Palace on a free transfer and has 22 goals this season, 2 more than Charlie Austin..

SkyBlueCharlie

Good morning.....if we only have one 'top goal scorer' what happens if/when he gets injured or has a dickey spell? Seems to me there is always a need for cover for key positions and the cover would need to be as good as the main player.

ajsccfc

Yes, you are reading too much into it. Contracts have expiry dates, all those players came in around the same time. There's nothing sinister other than a standard initial contract period.

Users who are viewing this thread