Stuart Linnell (1 Viewer)

Didge76

By god is that bloke shagging Thorn or what??? Fair play to Juggy tho, reckon he should do the presenting of the radio instead. Linnell is an absolute joke.

Ccfc1979

So anyway, will he judge him after 10 games, 20 games or more? or will he never judge him? Or how dare anyone judge him? Andy Thorn; sponsored by the C and W Sports Desk.

how could he say that we deserved to win tuesday, i mean they battered us in the 1st half and had two cleared off the line. we were much much better in the 2nd but overall we never deserved to win

Paxman II

Mr Linnell is one of those people who has an unfortuate way of agitating the hell out of people.

The sort of guy that finishes your sentances, like when he goes to an outside reporter for an update but before doing so announces the score update himself!
Yep he's a me,me, me type of guy and I have little time for him. He's longwinded when a shorter summary would suffice and to top that he certainly does not have a radio voice.
But then the BBC standards are so slack these days. He's professional enough but not suited to the task - in my honest opinion of course :)

ccfc1973

linnell is doing my head in!! i used to like his passion for the club but the way he defends thorn and sisu has become embarrasing! and behold anyone who calls up being negative , i mean weve had so much to be positive about in recent years, sorry stuart but you are becoming a :jerkit:

Grendel

Linnell only came back two seasons ago well after Gurney left. He has ruined the programme. Despite Clive Eakin's machine gun stammering voice he is a fair journalist. He plays devils advocate and will give as good as he gets but allows it to be a two way debate.

Linnell is now a poor mans Jon Gaunt. Desperate to be deliberately controversial but very poor and unconvincing in his delivery. He has turned the programme into a vehicle about him and has ruined it.

Since the Ogrizovic incident which I have previously talked about I have no time for him.

lord_garrincha

I used to see him every morning at Cov train station when he went to Northampton for his BBC mid-afternoon show... Constantly finishing off the tannoy announcements ;)

ClarrieB

Linnell only came back two seasons ago well after Gurney left. He has ruined the programme. Despite Clive Eakin's machine gun stammering voice he is a fair journalist. He plays devils advocate and will give as good as he gets but allows it to be a two way debate.

Linnell is now a poor mans Jon Gaunt. Desperate to be deliberately controversial but very poor and unconvincing in his delivery. He has turned the programme into a vehicle about him and has ruined it.

Since the Ogrizovic incident which I have previously talked about I have no time for him.

link please?

JulianDarbyFTW

I actually quite like Linnell. He's so biased it makes me smile, however his idea of 'giv(ing) managers 3 years contracts and deduct(ing) 12 points if they are sacked in the first year' makes him sound like a complete and utter loony.

Otis

Did he come up with that one in conjunction with the '1 extra point to the club with the best Balti pies?'

JulianDarbyFTW

To be fair, Waggott came over as quite impressive. I particularly like the way he disassociated himself from the Bell and Baker contract extensions.

georgehudson

bell & baker contracts = that astute footballing person called ken dulieu, or so previous press announcements were made,
& as far as tonight's (fri), prog was concerned, no-one, was willing to address the real problem,
which, in my opinion, is, that in recent years the dire mis-management of the club is down to non-football persons making decisions on football,
if you were a company making cars, would you employ directors of a hairdressing company?
q.e.d.
PUSB

Last edited:

skyblue dan

Ogrizovic incident? what was that, i missed it.

Grendel

Ogrizovic incident? what was that, i missed it.

Many years ago (it may even have been on Mercia) the keeper was not having the best of times. We lost an away game to Norwich. There was no TV coverage then but fans who had never been to the game were ringing criticising him and linnel was letting it go on an on.

In the end ogrizovic's wife called the show saying her son was crying due to the level of abuse he was getting.

It was appalling.

Grendel

Otis

I'm seriously thinking of complaining about Stuart Linnell.

Today: "There is a load of nonsense on the texts but we will come to them in a minute."

What happened to BBC impartiality? :(

It is not his job to say there is nonsense from the texters. It was obviously clear that he meant people calling for Thorn's head and blaming him for today, because when he read the texts out that was what was coming across.

At least Eakin tries to stay impartial and even Cov fan Geoff Foster does it too.

Not acceptable I'm afraid.

torchomatic

I bet you complained about Harry's naked pictures too.

I'm seriously thinking of complaining about Stuart Linnell.

Today: "There is a load of nonsense on the texts but we will come to them in a minute."

What happened to BBC impartiality? :(

It is not his job to say there is nonsense from the texters. It was obviously clear that he meant people calling for Thorn's head and blaming him for today, because when he read the texts out that was what was coming across.

At least Eakin tries to stay impartial and even Cov fan Geoff Foster does it too.

Not acceptable I'm afraid.

Otis

Don't give two shits to be honest and have never complained about anyone ever.

Wrong as usual Torch.

ajsccfc

Isn't the BBC impartiality thing more of a philosophy they try to apply with news reporting rather than in everything they do? It'd be impossible to practice otherwise. Five Live alone would have been pulled off the air years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread