Stuart Beavon!! (1 Viewer)

CODY!!!

Just read somewhere that we're going to get this guy on a free transfer next season...quick check of the inter-web informs me hes in the top 5 goal scorers in L1 and he plays for Wycombe.

i feckin hope its true

Otis

I've heard we're still in for that striker who is 7' 6."

Hopefully we will sign him in the transfer window that ended back in January.

Hadenough

if i was running a football club as badly as whoever it is today thats running us I would start rumours like this in an atempt to appease the fans and get the dumb fuc*ers to buy a season ticket,thank god our current owners are more professional than that:eek:

WillieStanley

OOOOO Conspiracy... I love those!! The SISU Spin department!! So that's what Alastair Campbell is doing now!!

skybluelee

Beavon was at Weymouth when they were in the Conference a few years back. I rate him as one of the best players I have seen in a Weymouth shirt, alongside Claridge and Andy Townsend.

I would sign him in a shot if we could get him.

skybluebeduff

01 May 2012 00:07:49
Very strong source connected with the clubs backroom staff

Coventry city are ready to make massive chnages once the transfer embargo is lifted. current owners SISU Capital will hold crunch talks with Tim Fisher this week to talk about the budget to get coventry back into the championship. Andy Thorn has already sent his scouts out and is ready to have a massive clear out in order to remove "dead wood" here are just a few of the people Thorn has lined up ready to join.

Stuart Beavon - Free (Wycombe Wanderers)
Paulo Gazzaniga - 100k (Gillingham)
Oliver Norwood - Season loan (Mancher United)
Gary Madine - 1.8 million + Addons (Sheff Wed)
Francois Zoko - 600k (Carlisle United)
Alan Judge - 450k (Notts County)
Ian Goodison - 700k (Tranmere Rovers)

A host of players are set to leave coventry although im not 100% sure of the clubs they will go too as the players have held their cards close to their chests but the players are

Sammy Clingan - Free
Martin Craine - Free
Freddy Eastwood - Free (poss Southend)
David Bell - Loan
Clive Platt - Free
Joe Murphy - Loan
Hermann Hreidarsson - Free (poss Leeds)
Gary Deegan - 100k
Roy O'Donovan - Free
Richard Wood - part of the deal to take Gary Madine to Coventry

FOOKING FOOTBALL RUMOURS .CO.UK :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, like we're gonna spend 1.8m on Madine from a club that could be playing in the division above us yet! Goodison 750K? He's about 39! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

SonofErnie

Yeah, let's spend £3.5 million and bring 100k in!

Even if we wanted to (and SISU were willing) we can't spend that amount of money in League 1. Under FFP we are restricted to paying 65% of turnover as wages and players costing £1.8m will demand high wages. By my calculations our squad will have to average 2k per week to comply with this constraint, so if anything the players coming in will be paid less than those going out.

Marty

Beavon, not a bad record, having never seen him play, i can't really comment, but hes only 5'7" & Cody must only be 5'11". So we really need someone similar to Platt but who is able to score 10-15 a season.

I wanted a spine of good solid league one players, so for me 2 center backs, 2 center mids (1 creative/goal scorer, 1 to break things up) & another forward to go with Cody, then spend more money on getting 3 very good wingers & a goal scorer. Then if any money left, needs to be saved for January or loans. Must all be frees, it's a big ask, but big changes are needed.

Astute

The problem would not be AT signing decent players on a free. There will be enough of them about. Will SISU let us spend on wages? I see this as the problem, although the wages will be a lot lower with us being a Div 3 team now.

SonofErnie

The problem would not be AT signing decent players on a free. There will be enough of them about. Will SISU let us spend on wages? I see this as the problem, although the wages will be a lot lower with us being a Div 3 team now.

At the risk of repeating myself, the club can only spend 65% of it's turnover on player's wages next season. if anything the wage bill will need to reduce further as our turnover is now based almost exclusively on ticket sales. SISU or any other owner have to comply with this !

Marty

I understand your stance, but like I've said many times, I'd get rid of the whole team (excluding youth players & Clarke & Hussey), we could not only have a larger more balanced squad but players better suited to a more physical league.

For me, just patching up the squad isn't going to be enough, we need a complete clear out and bring in 10-14 players. With the slack taken up by the youths.

My team for the start of the season.

....... Cody - ?
.........? - ? - ? - ?
Hussey - ? - ? - Clarke
...........Murphy

kg82

At the risk of repeating myself, the club can only spend 65% of it's turnover on player's wages next season. if anything the wage bill will need to reduce further as our turnover is now based almost exclusively on ticket sales. SISU or any other owner have to comply with this !

This is true, but there were severe costcutting measures in line this season, which can only help with this. Add to that the FFP rules for this coming season only apply to Championship clubs although there is something in place in Leagues 1 and 2. Also, there are no sanctions in place for this season, they will come in the season after. And, finally, we'd probably get a season in a lower league to come to terms with the financial constaints anyway.

And can we please call it League 1 - Division 3 just sounds too bad!!

SonofErnie

This is true, but there were severe costcutting measures in line this season, which can only help with this. Add to that the FFP rules for this coming season only apply to Championship clubs although there is something in place in Leagues 1 and 2. Also, there are no sanctions in place for this season, they will come in the season after. And, finally, we'd probably get a season in a lower league to come to terms with the financial constaints anyway.

And can we please call it League 1 - Division 3 just sounds too bad!!

That's the point I'm making. The rule in League 1 is 65% of turnover can be spent on wages or a transfer embargo is imposed. I don't believe for one moment that we are compliant, even with the cost cutting undertaken to date.

Danceswithhorses

like I've said many times, I'd get rid of the whole team (excluding youth players & Clarke & Hussey)
For me, just patching up the squad isn't going to be enough, we need a complete clear out and bring in 10-14 players. With the slack taken up by the youths.
Nice idea Marty, but completely impractical.
The players you want to get rid of, are on contracts (and some long term too eg Baker and Bell).
The cost of paying up these contracts up and also giving contracts to new players would be astronomical.....and we have no money !

Marty

Nice idea Marty, but completely impractical.
The players you want to get rid of, are on contracts (and some long term too eg Baker and Bell).
The cost of paying up these contracts up and also giving contracts to new players would be astronomical.....and we have no money !

It's not a case of paying up contracts, players we could get money for need to be priced at market value (Wood & Keogh think that's about it) and the rest should be allowed to leave the club for nothing. No pay offs, just simply if another club wants a player they can have him. In return we have a fresh start to build a team.

kg82

That's the point I'm making. The rule in League 1 is 65% of turnover can be spent on wages or a transfer embargo is imposed. I don't believe for one moment that we are compliant, even with the cost cutting undertaken to date.

Pobably not, but that's where I would've thought you'd have one season of respite from those rules.

kg82

It's not a case of paying up contracts, players we could get money for need to be priced at market value (Wood & Keogh think that's about it) and the rest should be allowed to leave the club for nothing. No pay offs, just simply if another club wants a player they can have him. In return we have a fresh start to build a team.

I read somewhere that exceptional circumstanes aren't counted in the new rules, ie a player unable to carry on playing due to injury.... Option?!

Marty

I read somewhere that exceptional circumstanes aren't counted in the new rules, ie a player unable to carry on playing due to injury.... Option?!

Do you have an idea that involes a baseball bat & the club training ground? If so i'm in :whistle:

Marty

I was thinking more a rifle, isn't that meant to be more humane?!

I quite fancied chasing David Bell in his wheelchair while swinging the bat above my head

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yeah, like we're gonna spend 1.8m on Madine from a club that could be playing in the division above us yet! Goodison 750K? He's about 39! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
tbf it is just like our clubs business sense to reject signing Madine for peanuts a few years ago and then go pay 2 million for him a few years later

SkyBlue_Bear83

Given that the average wage is £1,500 and average attendance 4k or something. If we get 10k next season that is 2.5 x the average, meaning our average wage will be 4k and on a scale of attendances to wages we will still be within the same wages as the average league 1 club. Once Clingan, Cranie, Eastwood and possibly Bell leave I don't see our average squad wage being over 4k tbh. Also you can factor in ticket prices as well, gonna assume our ticket price will be above the average admission price for a standard league 1 side.

harvey098

I'm sorry, but has nobody seen that they reckon madine is worth 1.8 Million? That has to be a wind-up. He is surely worth no more than 100k?

harvey098

yes, 1 goal every 2.5 games which in league 1 isn't groundbreaking. Especially for a team that is in the automatic promotion places where he is going to get lots of chances.

Not for me thanks Nick.

Stuart Beavon at 5 ft 7in and Alan Judge at 5ft 61/2 in would have to be exceprional talents to be the sort of player needed to get us out of a brutal league, full of experienced cloggers and neanderthals.

Nonleagueherewecome

yes, 1 goal every 2.5 games which in league 1 isn't groundbreaking. Especially for a team that is in the automatic promotion places where he is going to get lots of chances.

Not for me thanks Nick.

Well he went there for 500k plus, didn't he? And has since got better. Given his age/potential, 1m minimum, probably more I'd say. Worth almost as much as Austin, and he brings a lot more than goals, he's a target man. Imagine his strike rate on Platt, and you get the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread