Strong Enough to Compete in the Championship? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Wolves could be set to battle Liverpool over a summer swoop for £1m-rated Preston midfielder Adam Barton.

Manager Mick McCarthy made the latest Wolves check onLog the highly-rated 19-year-old in North End’s 2-1 defeat at Reading on Tuesday night.

He has made 32 appearances for Preston this season, including 23 Championship starts in what is his first full campaign in senior football. Barton made his League debut a year ago tomorrow for Preston in a 3-2 win over Sc-unithorpe.

Wolves were obviously scouting young prospects at the time. He obviously didn't impressive as much as Freddie Eastwood when they did the same with him. They actually bought him.

dongonzalos

Wolves were obviously scouting young prospects at the time. He obviously didn't impressive as much as Freddie Eastwood when they did the same with him. They actually bought him.

If they didn't buy him, he can't possibly have been playing well in the championship like the reports say he was.

Poor argument.

Maybe the reports that he was playing well in the championship are correct.

However Wolves and Liverpool scouted him and decided they didn't want him.

That does not mean he was not doing a good job in the championship.

No one from the premiership signed Keogh last year.

Is he good enough for the championship?

Grendel

If they didn't buy him, he can't possibly have been playing well in the championship like the reports say he was.

Poor argument.

Maybe the reports that he was playing well in the championship are correct.

However Wolves and Liverpool scouted him and decided they didn't want him.

That does not mean he was not doing a good job in the championship.

No one from the premiership signed Keogh last year.

Is he good enough for the championship?

He's good enough for the championship. That's why derby signed him and also he was chased by 2 or 3 other championship clubs.

The fact Barton wasn't tells me all I need to know.

Black6Osprey

At the moment we are still mid table in league one so I think its a bit soon to consider how good this group of players is compared to championship teams. For arguments sake I would guess we are at least 5 players short of being competitive in the championship but unless we get out of this league, which still looks a very difficult task, who cares.

dongonzalos

At the moment we are still mid table in league one so I think its a bit soon to consider how good this group of players is compared to championship teams. For arguments sake I would guess we are at least 5 players short of being competitive in the championship but unless we get out of this league, which still looks a very difficult task, who cares.

Good point, I was bored and fancied a debate with Grendal

Users who are viewing this thread