Strikers (2 Viewers)

mark82

In fairness Robins got slated by a lot of clueless clowns on here for signing him, definitely showed he was right but didn't get the best out of him. That said, he's a young player who will get better so maybe it's a bit of that as well

System didn't suit him. Would have liked to see him more in a 2 up front. Think he would've been good for us this year, but it wasn't to be.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

We keep looking at the forwards seeing who we could buy. It's not the individuals, it's the system we play. As someone said on another thread Harry Kane would struggle up front on his own for us.
Look at JCH and Chaplin, they leave CCFC and they start scoring freely, Chaplin in the league above for one of the worst teams at that level. Our system isolates them.
Robins needs to surely see signing a 5 ft 6 player and playing him up top alone (Chaplin) was never going to work in a physical league. Our goals return this season is dire. You could see at the end with Max and Godden they were hunting as a pack anticipating where the ball might be flicked onto. It worried their defenders and pushed us up the pitch.

Some aspects of this are true but it’s not a height thing. Armstrong was no bigger than Chaplin and tore the league apart up top on his own for months. It’s the system. Godden got about five touches all game today and none were east chances. One more for Hill: Godden, isolated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

In fairness Robins got slated by a lot of clueless clowns on here for signing him, definitely showed he was right but didn't get the best out of him. That said, he's a young player who will get better so maybe it's a bit of that as well
Yup. I stuck up for Chaplin on more than one occasion and that was against a barrage of Craplin on here. So many posters were saying what a terrible player he was, but we simply didn't seem to deploy him correctly.

He's now obviously scoring loads in the division above.

higgs

Should we give bremang a chance he seems to know where the goal is

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Yeah but dont that this forum is full of scouting experts who know their stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread