Strikers who would do a job (3 Viewers)

ceetee

If an attack of Beavon, Ponticelli and the 80% fit Reading lad can muster 6 between them, do we have to have a bludgeoning centre forward? Ideally, I understand that we need it as an alternative if a more mobile attack won't function, but the above (with McNulty instead of Beavon?) might prove effective?
You can't take that in isolation. You need to know what sort of passes were played from midfield.
That strike force wouldn't thrive on hoofed passed down the middle

RoboCCFC90

What about Nicky Ajose???

Not wanted at Bury (where he is currently on loan) and not wanted by his parent club Charlton.

We’ve been linked with him before and I think he would be excellent at this level.

Only downside is Ajose isn’t the the target man type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

What about Nicky Ajose???

Not wanted at Bury (where he is currently on loan) and not wanted by his parent club Charlton.

We’ve been linked with him before and I think he would be excellent at this level.

Only downside is Ajose isn’t the the target man type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he's only 5"7 max, not the type we need. Good striker though, but never has seemed to settle anywhere for more than one season. Would be excellent at this level although considering Charlton paid 800 grand for him I can imagine a pretty hefty fee would be warranted. Wages would also be a stumbling block even if he would consider dropping down a league.

Warwickhunt

we need a big mobile unit up front to help McNulty and to upset some of the planks at the back most of the L2 teams seem to have. Akinday of Wycome causes all kind of hit fo them

steve82

Cole Stockton looks set to leave Hearts with Carlise very interested.

Not experienced in age terms but a player who's a handful who is a No9, done his graft and gained some experience at Tranmere do is used to the ruff and tumble of non league.

Hit some form for Tranmere last season as they narrowly missed out on promotion before a free transfer to Hearts.

Carlisle and others set to be interested, could be a option going forwards.

10 goals in 48 league two appearances for Tranmere and Morecambe
5 goals in 16 national league appearances last season for Tranmere

Still only 23, gets my vote!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread