Striker? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Too old? he's 31. What's the gamble on a striker of his calibre when what we have is rank hopeless at the moment with our two main strikers out for a long period? We need to gamble to survive. We need goals. I think MR's would have taken him in a heart beat and paying his wages will have been the exclusion for us tbh.He will help QPR a lot who sit just below us in the table.

Well there you go.....

Gibbo

The problem:

Once Godden & Walker are fit, any incomer will likely be, at best, third in the striker pecking order, in a team that plays only one up front.

1. Would anybody who was any good, join us in that situation? Unless you are a loan
2. We can't have any more loans.
3. Or unless the new player is seen as a long term replacement for Godden. But that's too expensive

Answers on a postcard to M Robins c/o Trillion St Andrews Birmingham

shmmeee

The problem:

Once Godden & Walker are fit, any incomer will likely be, at best, third in the striker pecking order, in a team that plays only one up front.

1. Would anybody who was any good, join us in that situation? Unless you are a loan
3. Or unless the new player is seen as a long term replacement for Godden. But that's too expensive

I don't think we'd play one up front if we had two Championship quality strikers fit. And if we are going to keep playing one up, and with it be more direct than we were last season, then annoyingly neither Godden nor Walker are the right type of player to play there. I guess the alternative is we sign a better quality throughout and can play higher up the pitch like last season.

Brighton Sky Blue

The problem:

The problem:

Godden is out for months and Walker still for weeks.

1. Would you persist with just Max and Baka if you could get temporary reinforcements?
2. We can sign free agents as well as loans.
3. We don’t need a long term replacement now. Just need bodies for the remaining months.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I don't think we'd play one up front if we had two Championship quality strikers fit. And if we are going to keep playing one up, and with it be more direct than we were last season, then annoyingly neither Godden nor Walker are the right type of player to play there. I guess the alternative is we sign a better quality throughout and can play higher up the pitch like last season.
We do have championship quality strikers Godden and Walker

Skybluebeliever

The problem:

Why can’t we have any more loans ?

I think we have no alternative to bring a striker in on loan , MR will then have to decide which loan player does not make his squad for each game

Gibbo

He can only play 2 if he has 12 players. He played 1 all last year

Gibbo

Why can’t we have any more loans ?

I think we have no alternative to bring a striker in on loan , MR will then have to decide which loan player does not make his squad for each game
doesn't james mean bwe have the max for the match day squad

Gibbo

The problem:

Godden is out for months and Walker still for weeks.

1. Would you persist with just Max and Baka if you could get temporary reinforcements?
2. We can sign free agents as well as loans.
3. We don’t need a long term replacement now. Just need bodies for the remaining months.
Free agents have been rejected by their previous clubs. There may just be a reason for that.....

KenilworthSkyBlue

The problem:

We can have loans. It just means that one has to be left out of the match day squad on game day. Unfortunately, I think that's a sacrifice Robins is just going to have to make unless he decides to send one of Giles or McCallum back to their respective parent clubs.

It's looking likely that Godden is going to be out for the majority of the season (if not all of it) and with Walker injured for at least another month there's more than enough opportunity for a loan to get game time. Even once Walker returns I suspect the loan would play in front of Biamou and Baka so I see no reason why he'd struggle for minutes.

shmmeee

He can only play 2 if he has 12 players. He played 1 all last year

Different league different tactics. He said when he signed Walker he was looking at playing him with Godden, we’ve gone two up on several occasions when we had more than two strikers.

And it doesn’t change the fact that neither Walker or Godden are the right style of player to play on their own in this division.

fatso

Andre Green (former Villa) is a free agent and being linked with sheff wed, might be worth a punt as he wouldn't demand high wages.
He was once regarded as the next big thing at Villa before a bad loan move left him struggling for form.
Played for England at 5 different age levels, and former Villa manager Tim (the twat) Sherwood said he was going to end up as a striker rather than a winger.
Now that iron lung Hilssner has gone in loan, should we have a look at Green?

Skybluedownunder

Wonder what Sturridge is doing, surely he must be bored, just googled him and no stories of him going anywhere, surely he would prefer to be picking up a wage slip at the first club of his career that he didn’t get chance to play for the first team before getting poached as opposed to sitting at home doing fuck all, come in, get fit, show yourself on the big stage on a contract till the end of the season and get yourself a bigger deal, bit like what Marlon King did to us. We’d still probs be able to pay £6-8k a week and it would be local to all his family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Wonder what Sturridge is doing, surely he must be bored, just googled him and no stories of him going anywhere, surely he would prefer to be picking up a wage slip at the first club of his career that he didn’t get chance to play for the first team before getting poached as opposed to sitting at home doing fuck all, come in, get fit, show yourself on the big stage on a contract till the end of the season and get yourself a bigger deal, bit like what Marlon King did to us. We’d still probs be able to pay £6-8k a week and it would be local to all his family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't happen but even if it did I can't imagine he is anywhere near fit or sharp enough. Would take too long to get up to speed. he'll l join an MLS team I recon

Users who are viewing this thread