Striker? (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Yep terrible manager, shit tactics get rid of him now bring Reid back
My point is James walks into his strongest team today if we wanted to win as he clearly did we shouod or played James alongside sheaf with Hamer and O’Hare behind max,result might of been the same but it’s playing his strongest players...to have James on the bench a prem league winner for Shipley was comical...if we sign a striker who’s better than what we have - start him Saturday don’t wait

Brighton Sky Blue

My point is James walks into his strongest team today if we wanted to win as he clearly did we shouod or played James alongside sheaf with Hamer and O’Hare behind max,result might of been the same but it’s playing his strongest players...to have James on the bench a prem league winner for Shipley was comical...if we sign a striker who’s better than what we have - start him Saturday don’t wait

Go have a wank or something

D

Deleted member 11652

Then surely the one you should be moaning about being on the bench is Dabo and not James. We don’t know James walks into our team until we see him in it

PVA

He's been here 5 minutes, probably only trained once. Doubt he can even remember half his teammate's names.

Absolutely no issue with him not starting today

Hobo

We should be trying to tempt the best players from league 1. Talking about this and next transfer window.

A player I rate very highly ( although hes not a striker) would be a success in the championship scores 10 to 15 goals a season. Irish international Ronan Curtis from Portsmouth. No chance of getting him or affording him now...But.

Get rid of Allen/Shipley/kastaneer/Giles/Baka
Massive improvement on these.

And use the wages on him. Would cost about £2m if Portsmouth don't get promoted. Go all out and buy him. Signings like this would be marquee signing. Hamer this year £ 1.5m...Why not next year Curtis at about £2m. There would be lots of competition like the sane for Armand.

He's got potential to be the next Bradley Dack to go from league 1 to Championship.

"Get rid of Allen/Shipley/kastaneer/Giles/Baka
Massive improvement on these."

Oh it is so easy isn't it? What are the club wasting time for?

Offhegoes

Would like to have a look at Kastaneer through the middle if we’re not getting another striker. Can’t be as ineffective as Baka surely. Walker looks decent but struggled as the lone front man and that’s how Robins wants to play.

Hobo

Perhaps James had things to sort out around contract rather than train. He has been playing for Barnsley regularly - perhaps Robins felt he would benefit from a rest and learn a lot about the team from watching from the bench (due to his experience and leadership skills)?

skyblue025

James never played a minute in Incesters Premier League winning season he was injured for the whole of it. Can't expect him to sign and be out best midfielder after being in the door after 2 days.

skyblue025

Talking of James's, James Collins is out of contract with Luton at the end of the season. I think he is exactly the type of striker we are looking for. Leads the line well, scores 1 in 3 at championship level, doesn't miss many games, is a leader and available on a free. Miles better option than Max and Baka.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Talking of James's, James Collins is out of contract with Luton at the end of the season. I think he is exactly the type of striker we are looking for. Leads the line well, scores 1 in 3 at championship level, doesn't miss many games, is a leader and available on a free. Miles better option than Max and Baka.
But he is a cov lad for us he will probably be worse not down to him because thats how it works

AFCCOVENTRY

Birmingham are lining up Connor Wickham on loan from palace.

QPR have Charlie Austin now.

We really need to push the boat out somehow and secure some quality up front because teams below us have.

Frostie

We really need to push the boat out somehow and secure some quality up front because teams below us have.

Both are very expensive gambles though.

Connor Wickham is on huge money but is one of the most injury prone players around. He's started something like 12 games in over 4 years & has been injured for the last 3 months too so will be miles off match fit.

Austin was a great player at this level but his form has fallen off a cliff & WBA fans say his legs have gone. Might rediscover his form but for the money it's a big risk.

We can't afford to take similar gambles.

Londonccfcfan

Both are very expensive gambles though.

Connor Wickham is on huge money but is one of the most injury prone players around. He's started something like 12 games in over 4 years & has been injured for the last 3 months too so will be miles off match fit.

Austin was a great player at this level but his form has fallen off a cliff & WBA fans say his legs have gone. Might rediscover his form but for the money it's a big risk.

We can't afford to take similar gambles.

Agree. Charlie Austin crap at for baggies in championship. Was a big waste of money. Take his penalties out didn't score hardly any off top of my head. Well past it.

Hertsccfc

I suspect James will prove to be a much better signing than both of yhese

steve cooper

Just poking around the free agents on Transfermarkt. Slim pickings!

Nobody jumps out that looks a realistic target.

Still think Andre Green would be a decent pick up for the future. Was a proper prospect that was hampered by injuries, played most England youth levels and 40 time for Villa

Few players who have championship experience currently out of contract but probably not realistic :
Omar Niasse
Ahmed Musa (might have a house in the Midlands!)
Yaya Sanogo (not played in a while and a bit of a Baka)
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (not a striker and loads of baggage but would be a great player)

OOh an Cody Mcdonald is available 😀
Of all those, I think Slim Pickings sounds the best bet

steve cooper

Watching the Villa V Liverpool game on Friday, I was impressed with Louie Barry. 17 years old, and given a chance from their youth team, due to the virus hitting Villa hard.
Not saying we could get him on loan, but someone like him, from a Premiership youth team could be the answer.

cov donkey kick

Wickham no thanks not performed anywhere all potential no end product, Austin might get 5 goals rest of the season if there lucky. Not many scorers out there that are available.

skyblue025

If Austin gets 5 that will be about the same as Max and Baka together and probably more than Godden with his injury. We really need Walker to fire and to get another striker in.

Users who are viewing this thread