Striker? (1 Viewer)

Briles

Well no, but the argument is why not try Bapaga, our own development player, instead of going for someone, priced at £15m, on loan. Think they’d want higher level for him. Shocking price with next to no professional experience.

Bapaga isnt really a striker, hes a wide forward. We actually lack strikers for the u23s now, I believe its only Bremang.

Frostie

Balogun is available on a free is highly thought of probably played with young Sheaf, apparently Swansea rumoured to be interested.

Balogun is most definitely not available on a free to English clubs.

He's out of contract in the summer but is only 19 so would require hefty compensation.
Liverpool are rumoured to be interested but his agent is trying to push him to move abroad on a free to maximise his (and to a lesser extent the player's) earnings.

Alkhen

QPR rumored to be signing Glenn Murray on loan. well out of our wage range unfortunately

shame to see a rival strengthen

Magwitch

Balogun is most definitely not available on a free to English clubs.

He's out of contract in the summer but is only 19 so would require hefty compensation.
Liverpool are rumoured to be interested but his agent is trying to push him to move abroad on a free to maximise his (and to a lesser extent the player's) earnings.
Looks to me he has turned down another Arsenal contract, if it’s true Liverpool are interested you can see why he’s turned down that contract offer. Tells me he must be pretty good.

Magwitch

Not sure of the Osti position is he out of contract or do Brighton have a years option, he might fancy staying here where he’s more likely to get a lot of games and build up his representation but obviously there’s no way we can compete wage wise will be even tough to pay what would be a higher wage than he’s on here now.
He would be a great permanent addition to our squad.
I also think Brighton have a scrap on their hands to stay in the Prem.

Ccfcisparks

Not sure of the Osti position is he out of contract or do Brighton have a years option, he might fancy staying here where he’s more likely to get a lot of games and build up his representation but obviously there’s no way we can compete wage wise will be even tough to pay what would be a higher wage than he’s on here now.
Think when his loan ends he will end up signing for a team in the Bundesliga.

lordy_87

He's out of contract in the summer and has been quite vocal in that he wants to be playing every week, not stuck in a development team.

Jesse Carver

Looks to me he has turned down another Arsenal contract, if it’s true Liverpool are interested you can see why he’s turned down that contract offer. Tells me he must be pretty good.

Brentford had a £5m bid for him turned down last year. The Atheltic are reporting that he's close to signing a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club.

hamil99

Facebook User
Id try for the lad for Plymouth. He'd cost a bit but would be a great investment

Luke Jephcott I believe. I like the look of him too, but with 14 goals in 20 games and only 20 years old, I think Plymouth would want a fair whack for him. I really like this player though and he fits our mould, so maybe if Joy sells a couple of handbags, maybe.

Magwitch

Wouldn't it involve a release fee? ;-)
Not sure of the rules on that. If he came through their Acadamy I think compensation is payable but that isn’t that much, certainly a lot less than a million. Don’t think he’s one to stay years but if we could get him on a three year deal I’d be happy, good player.

Magwitch

Re: JCH, obviously there’s issues with him has been off-loaded from here twice and I know he was well regarded as a youth, shame really because he certainly knows where the net is.

Winny the Bish

Watched some of the Jephcott kid from Plymouth today while bored and I don't think he's what we need. From what I can tell he's a pure fox-in-the-box striker. Doesn't get involved in link-up play, doesn't seem to have any real pace or ability to win headers. Quality first-time finisher but I have real doubts he could play up front alone and impose himself against Championship centre-backs.

superskyblue

I never rated JCH when he was here and very surprised to see how well he's done elsewhere. Whilst obviously big, strong and pretty quick he never really seemed to use those attributes for us. And his touch and link up play was always appalling for us.

Fair play to him though, he's obviously developed well or something has clicked for him. Hopefully his career continues on it's upward trajectory.

Hoofhearted

I'd like us to go for Gnaduilliett but there seems to be a lot of other sides interested in him so like the sad act that I am I was thinking of plausible options of signings.
A lot of people on here really liked the look of Will Keane when he played against us for Ipswich last season, he is currently at Wigan but only on a contract till early January, now I know he's not got the greatest of scoring records but his link up play is good and he would cost very little as a short term option.
The other name I came up with was Connor Wickham from Palace, hasn't played much first team football recently but did have a loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday last season, skilful striker but also big and powerful. I've no idea what his injury status is or even if he would be available, it's just a name im throwing out there.
I await ridicule from people who will say I've no idea what I'm talking about and that we should sign a £2million pound striker with the money of Joy's hand bag ebay account!

Users who are viewing this thread