Striker Stats (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Cyrille Regis played for England and had a FA cup winners medal, enough said.

No it’s not as without Sillett by his own admission his career was down the toilet

Go on show some dumbass GIF to make no sense

Irish Sky Blue

Was there 2 Fergusons - the one I remember scored a goal virtually every other game
He had that golden season with Wallace before injuries took their toll. I would be very surprised if over his career he had a 1 in 2 ratio. In fact, a bit like Biamou, when he first got in the team he really struggled, was taking a fair bit of stick from the fans and finding it hard to score.

Irish Sky Blue

No it’s not as without Sillett by his own admission his career was down the toilet

I think the fact that Regis struggled in those seasons was down to being played in the wrong way. The long ball tactics, first of Gould and then Makay were never going to bring out the best in him. Both Sillett and Regis said that in a conversation between the two when Sillett first took over Sillett asked him how he wanted the ball played to him. Sillett recognised what a good player he was and built the Cup winning team around him. Cyrille was a real Rolls Royce of a player, powerful and sheer class.

Grendel

He had that golden season with Wallace before injuries took their toll. I would be very surprised if over his career he had a 1 in 2 ratio. In fact, a bit like Biamou, when he first got in the team he really struggled, was taking a fair bit of stick from the fans and finding it hard to score.

He scored about 90 goals in 220 games. His ratio for us was virtually identical to Dublin

Sky Blue Harry H

giphy.webp

DannyThomas_1981

Is this the real Grendel?

"Dumbass GIF."

I think your account has been hacked by some teenager from the States.

Or just trying to keep up with the youth?

;)

Irish Sky Blue

There’s absolutely no comparison, Ferguson was better in every department.
I loved Fergie and that team. He is one of my favourite all time players. However your statement I think is wrong. Just one example would be Cyrille’s goal in the quarter final At Hilsborough. Fergie could never have outpaced that defence from the half way line before smashing it into the bottom corner.

Marty

2 of the 3 forwards for Maldon and Tiptree (currently playing Leyton Orient FA cup), have scored 17 each already this season, Imagine having 2 strikers being able to score that by the middle of November.

fatso

I loved Fergie and that team. He is one of my favourite all time players. However your statement I think is wrong. Just one example would be Cyrille’s goal in the quarter final At Hilsborough. Fergie could never have outpaced that defence from the half way line before smashing it into the bottom corner.
But what about Ferguson's 4 goal demolition of birmingham city at HR. He was totally unplayable.

Grendel

Wasn't that Ipswich? Didn't Regis score 6 in a game against Chester?

i think it was 5 but Ferguson has an identical goals per game ratio to Dion Dublin and was too scorer before Wallace joined and top scorer at Birmingham

Users who are viewing this thread