Shots on target percentage: 46%

BIAMOU
Goals scored: 1
Minutes per goal: 267
Number of shots: 7
Shots on target percentage: 71%

(Stats taken from BBC Sport)

higgs

Anyone surprised mcnulty hasn't scored more with Sunderland?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

LEAGUE ONLY (THIS SEASON ONLY)

BAKAYOKO
Goals scored: 4
Minutes per goal: 168
Number of shots: 17
Shots on target percentage: 47%

GODDEN
Minutes per goal: 249
Number of shots: 25
Shots on target percentage: 52%

HIWULA
Minutes per goal: 315
Number of shots: 24
Shots on target percentage: 46%

BIAMOU
Goals scored: 1
Minutes per goal: 267
Number of shots: 7
Shots on target percentage: 71%

(Stats taken from BBC Sport)

Painful, hopefully they wake up

Grendel

Amazing Harvey now admits our strikers are rubbish

Grendel

Also I don’t think it’s just league is it? They only exclude the stupid cup we were in the other night

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

NO THERE ISN’T!!!
I mean there clearly is... Firmino is widely (and rightly lauded) as a top rate centre forward yet his goal tally of 51 in 148 for Liverpool in the league is hardly prolific. That's not to say I think our specific strikers offer much more/less than their goal tallies suggest but to rate strikers based purely on their goal tallies isn't accurate.

Grendel

Where did I say that? It is pretty much exactly what I would expect from league 1 strikers. You have unrealistic expectations mate, lower them and you'll be less angry all the time.
How do Peterborough strikers compare?

fatso

I mean there clearly is... Firmino is widely (and rightly lauded) as a top rate centre forward yet his goal tally of 51 in 148 for Liverpool in the league is hardly prolific. That's not to say I think our specific strikers offer much more/less than their goal tallies suggest but to rate strikers based purely on their goal tallies isn't accurate.
Listen mate, no fucker EVER mentions Allan Shearer, and talks about the throw ins he’s taken, or the players he’s marked at corners, or the tackles he’s put in on the half way line!
Strikers are all about goals, nothing but goals, goals are what they are bought in to score, and goals are what they are judged on, nothing more than goals, nothing less than goals, Goals matter, goals win matches, it’s all about goals !!! End of, Period.

GOALS!

rob9872

Listen mate, no fucker EVER mentions Allan Shearer, and talks about the throw ins he’s taken, or the players he’s marked at corners, or the tackles he’s put in on the half way line!
Strikers are all about goals, nothing but goals, goals are what they are bought in to score, and goals are what they are judged on, nothing more than goals, nothing less than goals, Goals matter, goals win matches, it’s all about goals !!! End of, Period.

GOALS!

You mean like Cyrille?

SlowerThanPlatt

It is quite worrying that you have to go down to 34th to find a Cov player in the top scorers list in the league and it’s not as if the goals are being shared majorly around the park as well with the rest of the top 6 out scoring us by at least 5

Grendel

It is quite worrying that you have to go down to 34th to find a Cov player in the top scorers list in the league and it’s not as if the goals are being shared majorly around the park as well with the rest of the top 6 out scoring us by at least 5

Don’t be silly - all league 1 strikers are the same

harvey098

How do Peterborough strikers compare?

About the same.

Shot on target percentage:
Ivan Toney 47% -- Bakayoko 47%

Shots to goals percentage:
Ivan Toney 4.58% -- Bakayoko 4.25%

So in terms of out and out finishing they are pretty much equal. I obviously only see Toney in highlights (plus the full match from when we played Peterborough) and obviously I'd much prefer to have Toney in my team than Bakayoko.

What is interesting is Toney has had 55 shots compared to Bakayoko's 17. He has played well over twice the minutes of Bakayoko. What the stats don't show is how many of those shots are opportunities that hes made himself that Bakayoko couldn't have made and that would probably be a more telling stat but in terms of actually shooting they are about equal.

harvey098

More to do with the minutes played. We've been sharing the position of one central striker for most of the season. Bakayoko played 673 minutes. Godden played 995 minutes. Biamou played 267 minutes. Compared with the top scorer playing 1513 minutes.

SlowerThanPlatt

More to do with the minutes played. We've been sharing the position of one central striker for most of the season. Bakayoko played 673 minutes. Godden played 995 minutes. Biamou played 267 minutes. Compared with the top scorer playing 1513 minutes.

We’ve had to share it because there hasn’t been a stand out one and because of injuries - not because we’ve got three really good options. Madden has 10 in less minutes than Godden and Forrs of Wimbledon has 7 in less minutes than both Bakayoko and Godden.

Grendel

About the same.

Shot on target percentage:
Ivan Toney 47% -- Bakayoko 47%

Shots to goals percentage:
Ivan Toney 4.58% -- Bakayoko 4.25%

So in terms of out and out finishing they are pretty much equal. I obviously only see Toney in highlights (plus the full match from when we played Peterborough) and obviously I'd much prefer to have Toney in my team than Bakayoko.

What is interesting is Toney has had 55 shots compared to Bakayoko's 17. He has played well over twice the minutes of Bakayoko. What the stats don't show is how many of those shots are opportunities that hes made himself that Bakayoko couldn't have made and that would probably be a more telling stat but in terms of actually shooting they are about equal.

So you think the two strikers are comparable in quality and ability?

Grendel

No. I think Toney is a better all round player from the small bits I have seen of him.

On the stats measure you’ve used Adam Le Fondre is the sixth best forward in the premier league

SlowerThanPlatt

Humprhys would not be a bad shout actually in January - has only just turned 22 so fits our model, can play on the wing as well as up front and will surely want out of Southend

harvey098

On the stats measure you’ve used Adam Le Fondre is the sixth best forward in the premier league

How did you get to that? If I was measuring a player purely on their finishing stats then I wouldn't have said Toney is a better all round player than Bakayoko. Finishing is only part of a strikers game.

To be honest Grendel, I can't even remember my point. I don't even rate Bakayoko! I got bored and bogged down in stats. Have a good evening you grumpy bastard ;-)

hill83

So you think the two strikers are comparable in quality and ability?
3qgfpz0sw1bz.jpg

No. I think Toney is a better all round player from the small bits I have seen of him.
angry-child-boy-red-shirt-expressing-anger-excitement-frown-cartoon-characters-vector-illustrations-isolated-115025618.jpg

3qgfpz0sw1bz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread