Match Thread Stoke City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Funny old game, again. We're by far the better side, but there's a certain irony that our forwards are the ones that show the least technical ability. Wright been poor, Simms is having a good old fashioned physical battle with the defender and is causing problems, but his control is non existent. If we must play Tavares, what on earth are we doing floating out long passes to the slightest player on the pitch? He's never going to win them.

O'Hare busy, but sometimes he's too predictable in trying to run the ball. DaSilva looked good, but not been particularly tested defensively.
Tavares needs to come inside sometimes and try and feed off Simms, he's pinned to the touchline all of the time

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Funny old game, again. We're by far the better side, but there's a certain irony that our forwards are the ones that show the least technical ability. Wright been poor, Simms is having a good old fashioned physical battle with the defender and is causing problems, but his control is non existent. If we must play Tavares, what on earth are we doing floating out long passes to the slightest player on the pitch? He's never going to win them.

O'Hare busy, but sometimes he's too predictable in trying to run the ball. DaSilva looked good, but not been particularly tested defensively.
The few times they have come forward we look shaky. Take yer chances chaps

SkyblueTexan

Palmer and MVE need to come on to add more firepower. Think Tavares and Lati may need to make way.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, quite incredible really. Thing is Stoke have some of their better players on the bench, they could come into it a lot more in the second half and we've only got ourselves to blame... again.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Would have backed O’Hare to score that every time.

PVA

Haji having one of those games from the start of the season, haven't seen this version of him for while. Still, just needs one little jink and burst of pace from him like we know he can do.

O’Hare trying hard but not getting a lot of joy in return from the front three.

I expect we'll see Palmer and MVE soon ish.

shmmeee

Front four have been dreadful. Not sure what you do about that. Not sure it’s the game for Palmer or not, they hit you very quickly and he tends to either be great or awful against that. O’Hare getting plenty of space mind, just not using it effectively.

Astute

We're the best side here. Stoke 2 shots 0 on target. We're 63% possession. 5 shots 2 on target.

stupot07

Strange half, were far the best team first 10 minutes and O'Hare really should have scored, but since then Stoke have been the better side and look like they want it more than we do.

Far too slow in possession, a little disjointed and some of our decision making has been iffy, but I guess that's to be expected after so many changes. Wright needs to go around the outside once in a while as he is far too predictable cutting in all the time, and his first touch has been poor today.

It also feels like they won't want to pass to Tavares, think he's had about 10 touches if that. Although he did put a nice cross in.

We should be 1 nil up, but bar that one chance (which was 3 of our 5 shots) we haven't created much. Too much over playing and poor touch or decision making.

JohnWH

I hadn't read what everyone else has said yet (that is, who is playing "shit", etc.)
Looks to me that Stoke is being very deliberate to close 1uick and fast, oftentimes doubled up wh3n3ver we manage to get, pressing high to keep us pinned back. But that has the danger of someone just getting a good turn around a. Stoke defender and be off clear to goal, so could be something to exploit once those Stokies lose steam. Someone mentioned somewhere we seem to be a very strong 2nd half team. So, I'm not bothered so far,
SHAME we didn't convert that scramble on about the 10th min or so, but unluck happens.

stupot07

We're the best side here. Stoke 2 shots 0 on target. We're 63% possession. 5 shots 2 on target.
Tbf 3 of those 5 shots were the same attack (Wright blocked header, Simms follow up, O'hares blocked shot).

SkyblueTexan

Overall a frustrating first half as COH should’ve scored and Stoke would’ve folded. We need to pick it up in the second half. We’ve lacked the fluidity and attacking intent shown over December and clearly miss Saka and Sheaf.

Sky Blue Pete

Actually think this could be a good game for Palmer, he's at his best when O'Hare is on the pitch and they can play their one touch footy. This Stoke defence needs moving around in order to break them down, not crosses from wide. Get him on for Tavares.
Good shout

Ashdown

It’s been the same all season really .

Users who are viewing this thread