Match Thread Stoke City (A) - Sat 7th May 12:30 (2 Viewers)

Kieranp96

Didn't think Jones looked at all out of his depth. Always looking to get on the ball, looked strong on it, moved it quickly and accurately.
Clearly watched different game then, ok he looked for space but what did he do on the ball? He went back every time what happened to the jones that picked the ball up and drove at the defence ?

cc84cov

Jones played well. .I really hope we keep him, he looked like he'd bulked up a bit as well. Could be ok at this level if given some game time?
Good pre season injury free would like to see what he can do,he will be on low wages another year possibly

fatso

Jones played well. .I really hope we keep him, he looked like he'd bulked up a bit as well. Could be ok at this level if given some game time?
I love the lad, but I have to admit that he needs to move on, he's just taking up a squad place if he stays.

SlowerThanPlatt

What would be the point really for club and player? We’re only going to try and strengthen the squad and he couldn’t get a game this year. It’s heading towards 6 years since he last started a league match!

Evo1883

Stoke fans poor show with Eccles when he was injured , some good football on show today , we looked good in large parts , good to see godden on the pitch again , almost created the winner with a superb ball .. Kelly played well considering the amount of minutes he's played .. same old with us really

fernandopartridge

Whatever people might say about the CWR coverage - this is how hard the guys work. Completely empty press box and only Clive and Oggy left - I think they’ve been brilliant especially when you compare to other clubs’ commentary.View attachment 24576
Having listened to the coverage from a few other stations, theirs is easily one of the best. Clive is a very even-handed guy as is Oggy. The other BBC local stations sound like they are run by the clubs themselves

Finham

"We all want to be there, we all want to be in those playoffs", I thought he was going to say promotion places or Premier League. Best to limit ambition though, innit?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Having listened to the coverage from a few other stations, theirs is easily one of the best. Clive is a very even-handed guy as is Oggy. The other BBC local stations sound like they are run by the clubs themselves
I agree. I've listened to quite a few. It was a genuine surprise how good Oggy really is. Very calm, measured and provides quality insight from a very experienced professional footballer perspective.
Clive has improved a lot to his credit and I've started to really quite like him. He seems to have good values . I can let him off on his mistakes, I make them too although not quite as many!

larry_david

I agree. I've listened to quite a few. It was a genuine surprise how good Oggy really is. Very calm, measured and provides quality insight from a very experienced professional footballer perspective.
Clive has improved a lot to his credit and I've started to really quite like him. He seems to have good values . I can let him off on his mistakes, I make them too although not quite as many!
For someone like myself who lives miles away, I've enjoyed Clive and oggy. The godden winner against Bristol City and tavares equaliser commentaries were quality

better days

The difference when Oggy was off and Benno stood in was ridiculous

skyblue025

Goodbye Shippers. Great servant to the club over 130 games through the league's and scored in all leagues he played in. Also in the very small club of a Coventry player to score at Wembley.

Frostie

The difference when Oggy was off and Benno stood in was ridiculous

Yeah, 100%, Oggy has made a massive difference & I think Clive's performance has improved as a result too. Aside from the hilarious mix up of names (and pulling the ball boys off at half-time 🤣) he's not bad at all really.

Users who are viewing this thread