still a chance mcgoldrick could stay? (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

i love how, following a random rumour on a forest site, we're now deciding how to fit both DMC and CLarke into the team! This is why i love forums...

I still think it won't be headache Robins ever has, and that we'll continue with 1 up top - Clarke - because DMC will be at Barnsley or somewhere.

Although obviously i hope i'm wrong

If McG goes to Barnsley, I really hope they go down, Cranie and McG to over take? Too good to be true.

smileycov

Facebook User
I find it difficult to believe that Forest have an asset that needs to be sold this month or go for a free at the end of the season would be allowed to go back out on loan? Surely they will be looking to keep him or flog him. A loan seems a peculiar option.

But not if there are no offers for him? They do not want him around the side, hence the sale or return. Barnsley are they only side to show concrete interest in him, i doubt he will go there IMO

Mucca Mad Boys

But not if there are no offers for him? They do not want him around the side, hence the sale or return. Barnsley are they only side to show concrete interest in him, i doubt he will go there IMO

Especially if O'Driscoll becomes their manager.

If it was a straight choice between Barnsley and CCFC, I think I'd go to CCFC, with him, we'd get promoted, and Barnsley are looking a good bet to down, suppose they always do, but don't, but would've went down with us last year had it to been for Pompey's 10pt deduction.

Even if Barnsley stay up, and we get promoted, our momentum from promotion would probably see us over take Barnsley anyway. That said, "it's all about the money"

aviles

dont get me wrong hes a great goal scorer. personally i think clarke will be an all round better player though. The 20 mins i saw of him on tuesday he looked sharp, made some good runs had some great chances could have bagged himself a hatrick, he is yet to gel with the team give him time and he will be as good if not better than mcgoldrick. Or even better keep them both !

Goldie was bloody awful the last 2 home games. He plays more wide than a striker. His shooting was crap and in my opinion, Clarke made more of an impact in his half an hour than Goldie did in 180 mins. He's a class player and i would love to get him back, but he needs to have another striker with him if he's gonna go wide. If he's the one man strike force he needs to keep his position and actually stay centre and go into the box once in a while. We know he's not gonna play against Spurs even if he does come back, so this is a chance for Leon Clarke to prove himself. If he does well and Elliott keeps up his form up, Goldie wont be as missed as he would have been a month ago, but still, at least try to sign him Robbo. If he choses to go to the Championship, which i expect and cant blame him for, i wish him all the best, and i hope that goes for all of us

stupot07

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I would like to see us play 2 up at home. 442 doesn't particular work well for us, we lose the battle in midfield and don't have orthodox wide men or decent box to box midfielder either to make it work.

Mucca Mad Boys

as others have noted once clarke was on we still could have scored 3 goals

im not gonna giv eup on it after 30 mins thats for sure

But the team didn't play as well as we did with 4-5-1.

Clarke was good, I think he'll be good as a lone striker.

Besides, we may have to give up on a McG Clarke partnership (no homo) as we haven't got McG yet, and might not even get him.

Thinking about it though, I'd put money on McG coming back to CCFC.

... Well I wouldn't, because I'm not a gambler, but my point still stands.

psgm1

Banned
forest forums indicate that same source who told them they would sign DMC from southampton has now told them that cov will get him back on loan. perhaps he knows david or his agent?

lets hope!

Talk about clutching at straws! A friend of a bloke down the pub knows his best friends pal 3rd hand!

In other words - a totally unfounded unsubstantiated rumour!!!

Is this a genuine post or your attempt at a joke? His contract runs out at end of season - Forest will not let his contract run out, so will sell him in this transfer window.

Theres no ifs buts or maybes about it! Not a chance in hell SiSU are going to meet his wage demands, and why should he take a reduction in wages - his value is about as high as it will ever get.

Never ceases to amaze me how deluded some people can be at times. Doesn't the fact that a deal was done so quickly with bailey show that if a deal was going to be done, it would ALREADY have been done!

McGoldrick has gone, I don't like the fact he has gone, he has been the best player cov have had for a long time, but his stock is sky high at the moment. A footballer's career is quite short, so he has to get the best financial deal he can (that is why they hire Agents!)

If he was going to stay, there would have been a pre-signing agreement months ago.

His goals will be desperately missed.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I would like to see us play 2 up at home. 442 doesn't particular work well for us, we lose the battle in midfield and don't have orthodox wide men or decent box to box midfielder either to make it work.

The only realistic alternative is the diamond. I still like it, and I think AT made it fail, not the actual system itself (systems are always an easy target, but not always the main fault). But the current system works well so why fix it?

Mucca Mad Boys

Talk about clutching at straws! A friend of a bloke down the pub knows his best friends pal 3rd hand!

Is this a genuine post or your attempt at a joke? His contract runs out at end of season - Forest will not let his contract run out, so will sell him in this transfer window.

Theres no ifs buts or maybes about it! Not a chance in hell SiSU are going to meet his wage demands, and why should he take a reduction in wages - his value is about as high as it will ever get.

Never ceases to amaze me how deluded some people can be at times. Doesn't the fact that a deal was done so quickly with bailey show that if a deal was going to be done, it would ALREADY have been done!

McGoldrick has gone, I don't like the fact he has gone, he has been the best player cov have had for a long time, but his stock is sky high at the moment. A footballer's career is quite short, so he has to get the best financial deal he can (that is why they hire Agents!)

If he was going to stay, there would have been a pre-signing agreement months ago.

You can only approach a player to sign a pre contract arrangement in the Jan window... :facepalm:

stupot07

The only realistic alternative is the diamond. I still like it, and I think AT made it fail, not the actual system itself (systems are always an easy target, but not always the main fault). But the current system works well so why fix it?

But it doesn't at home, 3 wins, 5 draws and 5 loses at home.

covcity4life

your troll gimmick is getting old

this thread is clearly based on a RUMOUR,noone has stated anything as fact

p.s you dumb fuck

CovisGod

@psgm1

It's not beyond all realms of possibility that we could get him back on loan even if he is out of contract in the summer, there could be clauses in place that we pay a certain fee to keep him if we get promoted or his contract at Forest gets renewed. I also don't think it's that far of of left field for us to sign him permenantly before the end of the transfer window

wingy

Surely Moussa fits that bill ,Jennings and Bailey on occassion but admittedly rarely.

Sub

David McGoldrick, Marcus Tudgay and Jonathan Greening have returned to Nottingham Forest following loan spells.
Last Updated: 03/01/13 at 13:38 Post Comment
David McGoldrick: Successful stint on loan at Coventry
1 of 1

McGoldrick enjoyed a fruitful four-month spell with Coventry, scoring 16 goals in 22 appearances for the League One club.
Fellow striker Tudgay saw his six-week stint at Forest's Championship rivals Barnsley end on a low note last Saturday when he suffered a broken collarbone against Blackburn.
The injury is expected to keep the 29-year-old out for around six weeks.
Experienced midfielder Greening joined Tudgay at Barnsley last month, making six appearances for the Tykes and scoring in their Boxing Day defeat to Birmingham.
McGoldrick and Greening will be available to manager Alex McLeish for the FA Cup third-round tie against Oldham at the City Ground on Saturday.

Danceswithhorses

your troll gimmick is getting old

this thread is clearly based on a RUMOUR,noone has stated anything as fact

p.s you dumb fuck

Don't always agree with your views/opinions, but that made me spit out my coffee...quality put down for the WUM that is psgm1 :claping hands:

ricohman

Goldie has been offered a 3 Yr contract worth 15 grand à week by à championship club i was told today by à forest supporter. Id believe that b4 id believe hes coming back to us.

stupot07

Goldie has been offered a 3 Yr contract worth 15 grand à week by à championship club i was told today by à forest supporter. Id believe that b4 id believe hes coming back to us.

With the FFP rules due to hit the championship, I really can't see anyone bar the PL relegated clubs offering a player £15k per week (£750k per annum).

ohitsaidwalker king power

But I think it went wrong on Tuesday when we did go two upfront.

For ball retention, obviously 5 in midfield is better.

Kind of agree with this Otis.. but isn't it more about personnel rather than formation. For me Bailey offers more than Fleck and/or Barton in a central position... I think he moves the ball quicker and more efficiently, as well as offering more bite.. a midfield 4 of Moose, Bailey, with perm 2 from 4 -Jennings, Macca, Baker, Fleck might be the way to go at home.... particularly as the games stretches- second half 4-4-2 with perhaps 4-5-1 first half? Guess it depends on how the game is going?
Baker as a last 25 minute 'impact' player seems to get my approval?
Barton..? 'fraid I'm not a fan just yet?

stupot07

Kind of agree with this Otis.. but isn't it more about personnel rather than formation. For me Bailey offers more than Fleck and/or Barton in a central position... I think he moves the ball quicker and more efficiently, as well as offering more bite.. a midfield 4 of Moose, Bailey, with perm 2 from 4 -Jennings, Macca, Baker, Fleck might be the way to go at home.... particularly as the games stretches- second half 4-4-2 with perhaps 4-5-1 first half? Guess it depends on how the game is going?
Baker as a last 25 minute 'impact' player seems to get my approval?
Barton..? 'fraid I'm not a fan just yet?

Where would you play Moussa? I would worry about the lack of natural width and pace if we were reliant on 2 of macca, baker and fleck to provide width. With the 4231the extra man in midfield gives protection enabling the fullbacks to provide that width.

rupert_bear

Where would you play Moussa? I would worry about the lack of natural width and pace if we were reliant on 2 of macca, baker and fleck to provide width. With the 4231the extra man in midfield gives protection enabling the fullbacks to provide that width.
Sign a winger with pace and if McG stays play 2 up front and bomb crosses in
this 4321 is bollox

ohitsaidwalker king power

dare I mention THAT diamond..?:facepalm:

CJparker

I for one think we have half a chance of re-signing him

Users who are viewing this thread