still a chance mcgoldrick could stay? (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

forest forums indicate that same source who told them they would sign DMC from southampton has now told them that cov will get him back on loan. perhaps he knows david or his agent?

lets hope!

Otis

Fingers crossed.

Only trouble is, I think we are better with just one up front.

Might mean Clarke is on the bench. I don't mind that, not so sure Clarke will though.

Great to have the two options.

PVA

Fingers crossed.

Only trouble is, I think we are better with just one up front.

Might mean Clarke is on the bench. I don't mind that, not so sure Clarke will though.

Great to have the two options.

I think we need to go two up front at home.

1 up top is clearly not working at the Ricoh where we have a really poor record. But away from home it's obviously working perfectly.

covcity4life

sorry mate closed the window now

i found it through searching about the lee camp rumours

otis-i agree i like 1 upfront but we shouldnt base it on shrews match

we could play 4-5-1 still but with DMC taking place of one of the AM ,so he lays behind clarke

we could lose abit in midfield but not as much as straight 442

i agree clarke will want to play tho and prob not be happy as sub

Otis

1 up top is clearly not working at the Ricoh where we have a really poor record. But away from home it's obviously working perfectly.

But I think it went wrong on Tuesday when we did go two upfront.

For ball retention, obviously 5 in midfield is better.

covcity4life

otis they had never played upfront tgoether and i doubt team are used to 4-4-2 either

giverobins a chance to tinker with it

4-4-2 at home and keeping 4-5-1 away could be good formula.

I find it difficult to believe that Forest have an asset that needs to be sold this month or go for a free at the end of the season would be allowed to go back out on loan? Surely they will be looking to keep him or flog him. A loan seems a peculiar option.

Tomh111

I dont think the problem is the formation at home, it is our lack of penetration. Away teams are forced to have a go at us and space opens up allowing us to score at will currently, when we are at home teams are happy to play out a 0-0 draw or try and nick it 1-0. so sit back and play a rigid 4-4-2 as the shrews did very well making them incredibly hard to break down. I think we need to be more direct at home, I dont mean long hoof ball because I like the way we retain possession at the minute, but we need to try the killer ball a little bit earlier rather than letting them reform and sit back. Christie had a mare on Saturday and every time he received possession he slowed it down allowed them to bring 8 behind the ball. Anyway rant over.

Personally I would say go 4-5-1 at home still but with clarke leading the line and McGoldrick playing off him through the centre, allowing him to drop deep and collect the ball and dictate the game a bit more which I think is his natural game, when you watch him very often he drifts deep naturally so having Clarke up front leading the line and allowing him more space might help him.

Mucca Mad Boys

We clearly looked more attacking at 4-4-2 on Saturday! :facepalm:

We play better with 1 striker, a man just behind him with 2 banks of 4. 4-4-1-1 works, 4-4-2 don't!

kg82

I don't think Shrewsbury were hard to break down at all, just our finishing was absolutely woeful!

covcity4life

I don't think Shrewsbury were hard to break down at all, just our finishing was absolutely woeful!

we did find it harder to make chances with less players in midfield but i agree clarke had 2 great chances in his pitchtime

Tomh111

I agree they were not that hard to break down but certainly when they piled all their players into the box they were, other than the Clarke header I dont remember a cross of note. We broke them down incredibly well when we moved the ball quickly, but when we slowed it down and allowed them to put men behind the ball we couldnt.

kg82

Clarke twice, mcsheffrey, Adams, baker - they all had clear cut chances (although to be fair to Adams he made his himself). With 3 of them, at least, I expected the net to bulge. I wasn't talking about formation though, someone said Shrewsbury were incredibly difficult to break down, but I don't think they were.

kg82

I actually expected McGoldrick to score in the very first minute as well, once he'd got through. And the one that came back off the bar from McSheff was just the luck of the day!

Tomh111

Clarke twice, mcsheffrey, Adams, baker - they all had clear cut chances (although to be fair to Adams he made his himself). With 3 of them, at least, I expected the net to bulge. I wasn't talking about formation though, someone said Shrewsbury were incredibly difficult to break down, but I don't think they were.

I fear the way I phrased things wasn't great.
I meant that when we slowed the tempo down and allowed them to pile men back behind the ball they were difficult to break down. But when we kept the tempo up and more direct quick passes we cut them to pieces. Unfortunately they kept managing to slow it down and take the pace out of the game.

kg82

I fear the way I phrased things wasn't great.
I meant that when we slowed the tempo down and allowed them to pile men back behind the ball they were difficult to break down. But when we kept the tempo up and more direct quick passes we cut them to pieces. Unfortunately they kept managing to slow it down and take the pace out of the game.

True, but you get that in a lot of games. I'd give them credit for working that hard all game. In the first half you could see how hard they were working and I thought they couldn't keep it up. Shows what I know!

Ashdown1

Lets not read too much into Tuesday, as Kg says if we had took the chances we would have beat them quite easily anyway....................and it was Clarkes debut so maybe some nerves there.

Tomh111

True, but you get that in a lot of games. I'd give them credit for working that hard all game. In the first half you could see how hard they were working and I thought they couldn't keep it up. Shows what I know!

I must admit I sat there thinking we were going to score 4 after the break and Robins had kicked some life into Baker, Christie and DMC but I guess it wasn't to be, I thought they did an admirable job playing to their strengths. The long ball over Wood and Edge had me worried (I thought they looked jittery when it was coming over) MK tried it a few times and it almost worked for them too.

SkyBlueScottie

we could play 4-5-1 still but with DMC taking place of one of the AM ,so he lays behind clarke

That's exactly what we did on Tuesday.....

Mucca Mad Boys

we could lose abit in midfield but not as much as straight 442

i agree clarke will want to play tho and prob not be happy as sub

I wouldn't play 2 strikers whether McG is behind Clarke or not (no homo) or together in a partnership (no homo).

We've played 4-4-2 quite a lot this season, then we moved to 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 which got McG firing because he was the centre of attention. In this league, well, amy leagues tbf, you need to control the midfield, we do when we play 5 in midfield and don't when we play 4-4-2. In a 4-4-2 you need out-and-out wingers, who are very quick and can cross a ball, we don't have that, we have skilful wingers who can cut in and have a shot, and score. Side note: McSheff has been good at crossing (still a tad inconsistent, but our most consistent crosser tbf) but isn't a 4-4-2 winger IMO.

Greggs

If i'm correct, DMG lost on his debut too, as a 60th minute substitute!
I think Clarke will do very well for us

Mucca Mad Boys

If i'm correct, DMG lost on his debut too, as a 60th minute substitute!
I think Clarke will do very well for us

He looked sharp, looked dynamic and strong, always on his defenders shoulder, looks like he'd give is defender a tough time.

He'd be a great impact sub if McG stays, but could be just as good as McG if he starts.

Last edited:

Greggs

DMG could play behind him i think! He frequently drops deep, sometimes leaving us a little light in the box!

Gint11

I wouldnt really depend on what you read on other forums. We will know soon enough regarding DMC

Greggs

Would have been nice to see his training session this morning. Wonder if he smashed anything beyond Camp?

Mucca Mad Boys

If the rumours are true about McG having an affair with Camp's wife/gf. I'd just want to state, McG, you're a bit of a c-unit really. I wonder if there are any on here who thought Terry should've got stripped of the captaincy, or even dropped from the team because of his affair with Bridge's misses, I wonder if they still think we should sign McG. :thinking about: I personally didn't think JT should've got stripped of the captaincy and I still want McG to sign, btw.

I find it ironic that McG 'poached' Camp's misses...

... And to make it worse, for Camp, he let a striker score past him!

You know what they say, "he scores when he wants!"

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
^^^^ it wasn't an affair, 3 players slept with her......she may be easy!

smileycov

Facebook User
forest forums indicate that same source who told them they would sign DMC from southampton has now told them that cov will get him back on loan. perhaps he knows david or his agent?

lets hope!

One of my clients is his Mother in law, via her he has promised me his match shirt when he leaves. I asked her about it, he has not forgot but i cant have it yet!!

kingharvest

i love how, following a random rumour on a forest site, we're now deciding how to fit both DMC and CLarke into the team! This is why i love forums...

I still think it won't be headache Robins ever has, and that we'll continue with 1 up top - Clarke - because DMC will be at Barnsley or somewhere.

Although obviously i hope i'm wrong

Greggs

One of my clients is his Mother in law, via her he has promised me his match shirt when he leaves. I asked her about it, he has not forgot but i cant have it yet!!

Are you a Gigolo?

Users who are viewing this thread