Steven Pressley: There's not enough hurt after defeat (2 Viewers)

hill83

I expect that will be my fault and the fault of like minded people who wont go to Sixfields (bet that will be what Tim claims eventually) Still told him I wouldnt go and I dont posture either

Nice

tumblr_mpl2zaBHkP1rjolq5o1_r1_400.gif

ccfcway

To be fair, why would the players hurt when he says how proud he is when we lose?

'We started ever so well and alot of the aspects we worked on in terms of our press and switch play we did brilliantly and we obviously scored and created a number of great chances to add to that," Pressley said.

"We got a warning when we conceded a penalty and Joe Murphy goes on to make a superb save but we didn't learn from that and the goals we went on to concede were a bit soft.

"We then come out in the second half and we have a situation on a counter-attack where it's three on three which I'm fine with but we don't defend it properly and then we found ourselves with a mountain to climb. That's disappointing because I thought we played some terrific football at times and caused them problems.

Lorksalordy

Seems to be slight change of tone and gradually the grumblings of discontent re Pressley are getting a little louder. He is clearly getting more frustrated as time goes on. However, has still been huge success when taking the situation into account in my opinion. Still think he will go of his own accord sooner rather than later if there is no sign of upward progress with off the field debacle (which seems most likely position until well into next season assuming that Judicial Reviews are the usual turgid and slow process of adjournment and delay that all other legal proceedings seem to be).

skybluebal

It is obvious that the loan system is there to top-up what you already have. Since we don't have a squad big enough or good enough, more loanees are needed. As has been said, they will go back to their clubs fitter and with game time, but little or no concern for CCFC. Those that are out of contract in the summer have obviously not been offered anything to stay, or what they have been offered they consider they can get better elsewhere. The excitement of heading towards the play-offs from starting on -10 points has changed to a relegation battle.

So unfortunately for Pressley, he does not have the squad depth to call on and the loanees and out of contract players can call the shots. Why we don't have a decent squad has been discussed infinitum and its only getting worse without investment. At the start of the season I thought we would be relegated, by Christmas I believed we would be in the play-offs, now I am back to where I started. I just pray I am wrong.

Good luck to team. PUSB

fernandopartridge

Get used to it. The club has had an excessive wage bill for years. God knows what Baker is on, for example, he was signed at the height of the silly spending.

Brighton Sky Blue

Get used to it. The club has had an excessive wage bill for years. God knows what Baker is on, for example, he was signed at the height of the silly spending.

Lots of clubs have had more excessive wage bills than ours and gotten promoted quite happily. Our M69 friends report 8 figure losses year on year but are winning the league at a canter-there is no reward for financial prudence with English clubs.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Get used to it. Yes, you're right. And whilst its true we have had excessive wages for too long; the biggest driver now is our lack of turnover from the miscalculated, spiteful Sixfields move

stupot07

Lots of clubs have had more excessive wage bills than ours and gotten promoted quite happily. Our M69 friends report 8 figure losses year on year but are winning the league at a canter-there is no reward for financial prudence with English clubs.

Swansea got promoted with prudence, Derby are another that have slashed their wage bill under clough and achieving results through prudence. And leicester have been spending £m's for a couple of years without success, in the first 3 years of king power they were £75m in debt and that was a couple of years ago, must be £100m+ now. Their bubble will burst.

We've basically gone bust twice in 7 years. I don't care what other clubs do and don't spend, our wage bill needed addressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Brighton Sky Blue

Swansea got promoted with prudence, Derby are another that have slashed their wage bill under clough and achieving results through prudence. And leicester have been spending £m's for a couple of years without success, in the first 3 years of king power they were £75m in debt and that was a couple of years ago, must be £100m+ now. Their bubble will burst.

We've basically gone bust twice in 7 years. I don't care what other clubs do and don't spend, our wage bill needed addressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Not saying it's impossible, of course not, but by and large more teams are rewarded for reckless spending than get their fingers burnt. Our wage bill couldn't be cut any further without it becoming a League 2 enterprise; yes you can talk about the need to stem losses but look at why our turnover for this year will be so dreadful. If our owners were really bothered about having a profitable business they wouldn't have taken a decision which reduced average crowds by 10,000. We should be looking at increasing our revenue rather than decreasing our spending.

Gint11

Wages have nothing to do with the fact we can't win a game now. Our problem all year has been our defence, leaking goals all over, only a strikeforce made up for it, now thats half depleted its not enough. Our defenders are not very good. Simple as that. On thop of this we don't have any money to buy decent players under what was the embargo and future FFP rules etc and so you can see SP has made some desperate decisions to try and get bodies in. Akpom was never ideal for us really was it? Part loaning him ferrying between the Arsenal U21 and back? Ridiclous. We are fucked unless we can get rid of our owners and get decent ones in that take us home. Build from that platform. If we lose tomorrow at 'home' to Stevenage then we are down IMO. I Hope I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread