Steven Pressley : hands off baker!! (1 Viewer)

Sub

Steven Pressley: Hands off Sky Blues skipper Carl Baker!

26 Jun 2013 07:37
Coventry City boss insists there's been no Nottingham Forest bid for captain

Share on printShare on email

PM2852964DJ060413CITY_92-4186674.jpg
Carl Baker

Steven Pressley has dismissed widespread rumours that Coventry City captain Carl Baker is a target for Championship club Nottingham Forest.
The Sky Blues skipper has been the subject of speculation on various social media outlets but the manager insists that the 30-year-old midfielder is going nowhere.
“There’s absolutely nothing in that,” said Pressley of the multi-winning Player of the Year.
“I think that’s just people speculating. I have not received any offers for any of my players and Carl is a pivotal part of what I want to create here.

“He’s my captain who was a key player last year and who is a key player in my plans going forward so there is no intention at all to sell Carl.
“I’ll be honest with you, I’m excited about the new season. There are a number of issues and situations that need to be resolved but we need to keep focused on the positives in the football department, and there are many positives.
“It’s the dawn of a new season and hopefully a new period in the club’s history.”

await the next story, made an offer we could not match and he wanted to leave press release from the club !!!!!

Last edited:

Otis

No intention to sell.

From you maybe SP, but this is CCFC. Any decent offer comes in and he'll be off.

LJC_CCFC

Why would anyone buy baker, he's 30 and has never cut it in the league above. No one is going to buy him

Tank Top

The usual pre exit Rhetoric, from a Coventry Manager, He's as good as gone then, for another wedge of "Undisclosed", and who could blame him?.
The Sky Blue players probably feel like they are on the Titanic, waiting for some one to discover another life boat.

sylus

"any decent offer and he will be off"
having a laugh aint ya,might get a few quid for him,thats a big might to.the guy is s##t.

mattylad

Wait for the usual lines of "we did everything to keep him/could not match them/stand in players way/he was unsettled/etc etc etc"

No wonder SISU wanted Presley though he is one walking sound bite for them...........................“I’ll be honest with you, I’m excited about the new season. There are a number of issues and situations that need to be resolved but we need to keep focused on the positives in the football department, and there are many positives. It’s the dawn of a new season and hopefully a new period in the club’s history.”

What a twat :jerkit:

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I might be a bit wacky here, but isn't it more sensible to bitch about things happening when they actually happen?

ajsccfc

And if Baker didn't actually leave, this wouldn't be the first time people here have complained about the heat to find out it's actually snowing.

_brian_

I might be a bit wacky here, but isn't it more sensible to bitch about things happening when they actually happen?

Erm, have you ever heard of the phrase "prevention is better than cure"?!?! We need to prevent things happening before we have to cure them!!! Every rumour, insinuation, intimation or allusion needs to be jumped on immediately and throttled with our Sky Blue hands! Only by doing that can we really stop the inevitable happening or ensure that the things that are never going to happen stay that way!

ajsccfc

The history of this place teaches just as much. I remember a few transfer windows' worth of angry rage and posts about Westwood being definitely sold each time before he eventually left of his own accord.

Moff

The history of this place teaches just as much. I remember a few transfer windows' worth of angry rage and posts about Westwood being definitely sold each time before he eventually left of his own accord.

Its ironic now that the same fans berate the club for not selling him and letting him go for free.

ajsccfc

One out of how many?

Westwood was a prime example, but it's really any player who's had an unsubstantiated rumour about them. It quickly goes from 'found this rumour on the internet' to 'I can't believe this is happening, I hate the world' in the blink of an eye even if it comes to nothing.

If we do get rid of our prolific captain then it's a massive shitter and justifiable cause for all the moaning under the sun, but if this is just the working of another of those 'I'm a football agent, honest' Twitter account creating plausible rumours out of nowhere, it's just people getting angry for the wrong reason. This shows how these kinds of sites work - http://www.skybluesblog.co.uk/combating-the-rumour-mill-carl-baker/

covmark

It'll be the same people moaning about selling players that support NOPM, can't have it both ways

Sub

its not a problem selling players to raise funds for the club or team the problem comes when the money is not reinvested into the team or the club or the players are replaced with players of a decent or equal level

CovLis86

I almost feel sorry for pressley.. It's like he actually believes it all.
We've heard it all before. Players will be sold under his nose whether he likes it or not.

lordsummerisle

Sisu are scum for letting the best young prospect in English football go to MK Dons.

How bad are we that MK Dons are a more attractive club for Leon Lobjoit?

Oh, sorry, that was just a rumour that proved to be wrong.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Recent memories of Westwood, Goldie, Bigi et al, spring to mind! ................ "We're not leaving!"

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Agreed, but while he was here he said he was always happy here and at least hinted would like to stay.

Bill Glazier

It'll be the same people moaning about selling players that support NOPM, can't have it both ways

Where's the likeliest place for any cash from his sale to go? A. Back to re-invest in the squad? Or B, A Cayman Islands bank account?

As the Yanks say - go figure.

lordsummerisle

Agreed, but while he was here he said he was always happy here and at least hinted would like to stay.

Another Ranson "zinger" springs to mind:

"Asked what would happen if the situation were to remain unchanged until next summer, Ranson added: "If it gets that far then we would lose him for nothing on a Bosman free transfer - so that won't happen, I can assure you.

"We'd be forced to sell him. He won't be leaving this club for nothing, that's for certain."

Nonleagueherewecome

TBF, we did keep him on the bench all pre-season once to avoid injury scuppering his move to Villa. Then O'Neill got fired, the deal fell through and he saw out his contract. Of course it would have been better on reflection if he had left for a fee in retrospect, but the "not picking a player in pre-season because we're trying to sell him" is a bit of a SISU classic and guaranteed to wind supporters up.

As for Pressley..."going forwards", YUCK, what a terrible phrase...I suppose he plans to be "pro-active" with a "dynamic vision" to realise his "footballing philosophy".

torchomatic

Which is why Not One Penny More will only make matters worse. :facepalm:

its not a problem selling players to raise funds for the club or team the problem comes when the money is not reinvested into the team or the club or the players are replaced with players of a decent or equal level

Sub

Which is why Not One Penny More will only make matters worse. :facepalm:

to be honest with you torchy i do not think anything we do will make things any better in the short term, things will get alot worse before they get any better, whether you turn up and hand your money over or go the way of not one penny more, sisu are hell bent on taking the club away from the city and if they do it will take a awful lot of time to recover from that :(:(

Users who are viewing this thread