Steve Cotterill (1 Viewer)

stupot07

In his first full season at Bristol they finished 12th on 59 points, W14 , D17, L15. Just like Dean Smith at Walsall the experts on here wouldn't have given him enough time to win the league.

NEXT!
No he didn't, he got bristol promoted in his first full season (2014/15), he joined Bristol half way through the previous season (2013/14) in December 2013 - he took them from 23rd (15 points) after 19 games to 12th with 58 points.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nantwich Skyblues

how about someone young and hungry like kevin nolan doing a great job at orient 53.85% win ratio.... oh hang on he could be the next villa manager :laugh:;)

skybluetony176

No he didn't, he got bristol promoted in his first full season (2014/15), he joined Bristol half way through the previous season (2013/14) in December 2013 - he took them from 23rd (15 points) after 19 games to 12th with 58 points.

My mistake.

No worries. His record there was v impressive in this league.

With a well reported £8m budget.

My nan could get any team promoted with that money, when the average budget is around £2m in League one.

Actualy, that makes my nan a better manager than any of Sheffield United's recent managers.

stupot07

With a well reported £8m budget.

My nan could get any team promoted with that money, when the average budget is around £2m in League one.

Actualy, that makes my nan a better manager than any of Sheffield United's recent managers.
You've still got to spend it wisely our wage bill has been a lots higher than £2m for 3-4 of the 5 seasons we've been here.

You've still got to spend it wisely our wage bill has been a lots higher than £2m for 3-4 of the 5 seasons we've been here.

Of course you have. But how many do?

If you want guaranteed promotion from this league with a decent budget, and expectation from impatient fans, then you get Simon Grayson in.

He's done it for many clubs. This time at Preston, is the only time he hasn't been sacked early on after he's won promotion to the Championship.

I can't believe the blunts haven't tried to tempt him away.

chiefdave

Are there any current managers who have had success (lets say top 6 finish) and / or a win % over 50 at more than one club?

Users who are viewing this thread