Steve Cotterill (1 Viewer)

ratovan2

If Tony Mowbray was to be removed would you give Steve Cotterill a chance, if he would come and if we could afford him after paying Mogga off?
Straight talking, seems to be able to motivate, at least at this level, possibly looking for a challenge
Got Bristol up after a poor start, even if he struggled to keep them there.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

No brainier but don't think he'd join our shower of shite!

johnwillomagic

Great League one manager struggles at higher level....but as we start at league one next season would definitely
have him with open arms if TM departs.

tom88

What we need and only had once since we were relegated (briefly) was Robins - A proper league one manager

Not trying to play like Barcelona, Not tinkering with the team/formations etc We need the basics in this league.

Someone who knows league 1, knows how to win ugly, organised, aggressive

fernandopartridge

If Tony Mowbray was to be removed would you give Steve Cotterill a chance, if he would come and if we could afford him after paying Mogga off?
Straight talking, seems to be able to motivate, at least at this level, possibly looking for a challenge
Got Bristol up after a poor start, even if he struggled to keep them there.

No, he's a complete wanker.

matesx

What we need and only had once since we were relegated (briefly) was Robins - A proper league one manager

Not trying to play like Barcelona, Not tinkering with the team/formations etc We need the basics in this league.

Someone who knows league 1, knows how to win ugly, organised, aggressive

Keith Hill?

Got Bristol up with a multi million pound budget. Doubt he could repeat it on a low budget. He couldn't get Brizzle competing in the Championship on a level playing field.

tom88

To be honest I would like to see TM given another crack at it..

However for those interested here is a few names that are un-attached

Gary Bowyer
Ian Holloway
Chris Powell
Stuart Pearce
Mark Robbins
Peter Taylor
James Beattie
Teddy Sheringham
Micky Adams
Richard Money
Tim Sherwood

lifeskyblue

I think TM should be given another season. If not then out of that list Pearce for me (but he wouldn't come) or Money. I think Holloway may do a good job but just as Likely we could become a complete joke under him. Wouldn't have robins or Adams back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How anyone would favour Pearce is beyond me. He's achieved nothing as a manager. In fact, he's been awful. Being a bit passionate as a player doesn't equal being a good mananger.

rupert_bear

All manager appointments are a gamble at any level. Apart from Mowbray here we have others who might fancy a bash at it, Mark Venus, Jamie Clapham for instance who might do the management roll a bit differently We also have senior players in their mid thirties who might fancy their chance. Or bring in someone new who will more than likely want is o backroom staff.

LB87ccfc

To be honest I would like to see TM given another crack at it..

However for those interested here is a few names that are un-attached

Gary Bowyer
Ian Holloway
Chris Powell
Stuart Pearce
Mark Robbins
Peter Taylor
James Beattie
Teddy Sheringham
Micky Adams
Richard Money
Tim Sherwood

Stick with what we have as all a right bunch of shit in that list.

Sky Blue Kid

Without a doubt, the best manager in that list by a country mile is Ian Holloway. He got Blackpool promoted with (A bargain at that time) 500k Charlie Adam, and 7k for a left back. He scared the s**t out of top Clubs Man utd for example with his open play and score for fun style of football. Got s**t on by the Oystons style of ownership (Rings a bell)

Otis

I like Holloway. Bit of a mixed bag with him though. Some success and some failures.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Can't see holloway leaving sky to be honest
Stick with Mowbray he will get us there

Sky_Blue_Daz

After last season what Mowbray did was steady the ship kept us up and initially played a fantastic attacking style of football in the early part of the season
We have had lots of bad luck with injuries in key positions Ben turner and reda Johnson to name two.
A little investment I think he will get us promoted
This time last year we would all have taken mid table mediocrity for this season

Grendel

Why do people keep reciting defensive injuries when it's clear that the lack of chances and goals are the main issue and have been for months?

Otis

Why do people keep reciting defensive injuries when it's clear that the lack of chances and goals are the main issue and have been for months?
Tis true. The goals have dried up

Just 4 scored now in the last 8 games.

Otis

We have scored 59 goals, but 19 of those came in just 4 games (Millwall, Gillingham, Crewe, Bury).

That leaves 40 goals scored in the remaining 35 games.

Very poor return.

CCFC88

Without a doubt, the best manager in that list by a country mile is Ian Holloway. He got Blackpool promoted with (A bargain at that time) 500k Charlie Adam, and 7k for a left back. He scared the s**t out of top Clubs Man utd for example with his open play and score for fun style of football. Got s**t on by the Oystons style of ownership (Rings a bell)

Second most overrated manager in football behind Harry Redknapp, only genuine success he's had was with Blackpool. All managers can have that one good season in the Championaship that gets them jobs with clubs like us for the next 5 years, Dowie, Boothroyd etc

At Palace he took over when they were top of Championship and very nearly cocked that up in the playoffs

skybluetony176

In his (Steve Cotterill) first full season at Bristol they finished 12th on 59 points, W14 , D17, L15. Just like Dean Smith at Walsall the experts on here wouldn't have given him enough time to win the league.

NEXT!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread