Stephen Ireland (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Let’s be honest none of us know if this is true and even more if Ireland is any good now, thought he was okay years ago at Man City but not really followed him since, would probably be a short term signing and let’s remember we are third division. I would love us to go out and buy an established younger midfield player who will strengthen and improve our midfield for two or three years and we build a team around but we ain’t got that sort of finance either for fee or wages. Don’t think we should make judgement yet, I remember the outcry when we signed Dennis Wise who rammed the dissenters words right down their throats.

It is nearly 10 years since Ireland was a decent player. He has done nothing since then. The comparison to Wise is ludicrous. Wise was a leader on the pitch who always gave his all & played consistently well at the top level for 15-20 years. Wise and even Doyle are exceptions, as most older experienced players we have signed have been woeful. I don't think he is what we need right now.

Magwitch

It is nearly 10 years since Ireland was a decent player. He has done nothing since then. The comparison to Wise is ludicrous. Wise was a leader on the pitch who always gave his all & played consistently well at the top level for 15-20 years. Wise and even Doyle are exceptions, as most older experienced players we have signed have been woeful. I don't think he is what we need right now.
Read what was written, was Wise compared to Ireland ? go on have a read. The comparison at the bottom of the post was a lot of fans reaction to the signing Wise before he kicked a ball as it is for some should we sign Ireland. Nothing about comparing ability.

Legia Sky Blue

Read what was written, was Wise compared to Ireland ? go on have a read. The comparison at the bottom of the post was a lot of fans reaction to the signing Wise before he kicked a ball as it is for some should we sign Ireland. Nothing about comparing ability.

You mentioned them in the same post so of course you were comparing them. The fans who were against Wise coming were wrong, but the one's reacting against Ireland are not. End of story.

better days

Stephen Ireland strikes me as a troubled individual
Probably not a good signing for any club
Perhaps another example of what happens when a young player gets too much too soon

oucho

The lie about his grandmother dying was because his girlfriend had a miscarriage and she didn’t want people to know about it. Nothing to do with ‘trying to get out of playing a game’.

Understand he wanted to keep the miscarriage quiet but no need to claim the grannies had died. As the article says, the granny was bemused to read in the paper about her grandson taking compassionate leave due to her own death. The thing to do would have been explain to the club and FAI on the quiet, they would have announced it as a "hamstring injury picked up in training", that'd be the end of it.

oucho

Get more value in re-signing Yakubu over him!

When we signed Yakubu I was incredulous and delighted but later I realised I'd muddled him up with Lukaku. Signing a striker with 4 goals in 3 years didn't save us from the drop strangely.

Brighton Sky Blue

When we signed Yakubu I was incredulous and delighted but later I realised I'd muddled him up with Lukaku. Signing a striker with 4 goals in 3 years didn't save us from the drop strangely.

At least he got some fresh air and went for a walk

higgs

The lie about his grandmother dying was because his girlfriend had a miscarriage and she didn’t want people to know about it. Nothing to do with ‘trying to get out of playing a game’.
Or did she?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I know someone who was at villa when he was there.
Said he was the best player at the club in training but couldn't do it in proper games for some reason.

shmmeee

I know someone who was at villa when he was there.
Said he was the best player at the club in training but couldn't do it in proper games for some reason.

Just don’t tell him. Say we’re playing a bunch of triallists and it’s an open training session.

Users who are viewing this thread